Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

External music

Solved!

External music

Hello,

I want to add extarnal music from my laptop to my playlist in Spotify.

But i can't find in my settings to do that.

I can't find local files in my settings.

There is nowhere a button to press on to add the music from a source from my laptop.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

In case you got in touch with a customer service representative and they confirmed this for you, I'd suggest we trust them as they're aware of the most recent app changes and updates. 

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

In order to add local files on your laptop simply follow the steps below: 

1. Click , then Settings
  2. Scroll down to Local Files and switch Show Local Files on. 
  3. Any files in your computer's My Music and Downloads folders are automatically selected. Switch off any sources you don't want Spotify to access. 
  4. Click ADD A SOURCE to select another folder. 
  5. You’ll now find music from that folder in Local Files in the menu on the left.

If you still can't find the option in your settings, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your laptop. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hello,
I did that but still no "local files". The costumor service said that in the new version this is deleted.
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

In case you got in touch with a customer service representative and they confirmed this for you, I'd suggest we trust them as they're aware of the most recent app changes and updates. 

We’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. We suggest you check this help article for more info about test features.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I have the same Issue. Atm i'm running the up to date version with a premium account of Spofity on a Win10 machine.

All options, to add Local Files to already existing or new playlists are gone.

The option to add a folder from my local machine is also gone.

The folder "Local Files or "Own Files" are gone too.

Playlists that used Local Files can't play these files anymore.

I don't know what you guys are "testing" but i would like these features back.

Indeed, as a refugee of the coming demise of Google Play Music and a witness to the advertising horror that is Youtube Music, this is a terrible look as far as first impressions are concerned. I'm reaching out for other options but I think I might just skitter off to one of those less popular apps.

Thought I'd also mention that I too (of course) see no options for adding local music on either my windows desktop or android.

Suggested posts