Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • dakster
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution filtered playback of liked songs not working properly

Hey, Normally when you enter like a certain word or artist name into the filter on the liked songs page, and then click a song from the results, after that song finishes, it'll play one of the other results. i.e. if I search for "love", then select "...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   Normally when you enter like a certain word or artist name into the filter on the liked songs page, and then click a song from the results, after that song finishes, it'll play one of t...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows 10 destop app shows password where username should be.

We have spotify family. I just downloaded and installed the windows 10 installer and installed the programme. After logging in with the family account of my daughter her password is shown in the right upper corner where the useraccount should be. Tri...

• We have spotify family. I just downloaded and installed the windows 10 installer and installed the programme.    After logging in with the family account of my daughter her password is sh...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Friends missing from Friend Activity

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOver the past few days, I am randomly missing friend in my friend activity. I know they have been on and listening to music. I have tried reinstalling spotify, unfollowi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Over the past few days, I am randomly missing friend in my friend activity. I know th...
  • xxt07d
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify song counter doesn’t update properly for artist

There is an artist, well, not even small artist in my country, whom I wanted to support with listening her music, thus increasing her top song’s counter to get above 100,000 plays by today morning. And I’m really her great fan! In my country, the Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • There is an artist, well, not even small artist in my country, whom I wanted to support with listening her music, thus increasing her top song’s counter to get above 100,000 plays by today morning. A...
  • Clancy_2
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot connect to another device

PlanPremiumDeviceOnePlus5 Hi all,I'm having an issue with connecting from my PC to my Android. I don't see my Phone/PC in the connect to a device window (while music is running).Both are connected to the same network and both are updated.It worked be...

• Plan Premium Device OnePlus5   Hi all, I'm having an issue with connecting from my PC to my Android. I don't see my Phone/PC in the connect to a device window (while music is running). Bo...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Daily Mixes] Static Playlists

PlanFreeCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceLenovo Legion Y520Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAre the daily mix playlists supposed to be static playlists?In the Windows 10 desktop application in the Made For You tab of the Your Librar...

RecentlyPlayed_2.png DailyMix_New.png DailyMix_Old.png DailyMix_Old_2.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States of America Device Lenovo Legion Y520 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Are the daily mix playlists supposed to be static playlists? In...
  • Tyguy1997
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Current Issues
    Daily Mixes
    Endless Mixes
    unresolved
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio from Song Greyed out and Radio from Playlists has 80% songs not playable

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device(PC/client)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueRadio from Song Greyed out and Radio from Playlists has 80% songs not playable

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country  USA   Device (PC/client) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Radio from Song Greyed out and Radio from Playlists has 80% songs not pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing after 5 seconds! Help!

PlanFreeCountrySpainDevicePCOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI am having issues when playing music on Spotify (desktop version). I play a song and after 5 seconds, it stops and a blue bar with the text "Can't play the current song". I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Spain Device PC Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I am having issues when playing music on Spotify (desktop version). I play a song and after 5 sec...
  • Koruleo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect

Hey Spotify-Team, we need the option to deny spotifyconnect for some devices.My Question or IssueOften i got the problem, that my Spotify connects with some random devices from other people i dont know. Its sad, that i cant shut down spotify connect....

• Visitor
  • Hey Spotify-Team,   we need the option to deny spotifyconnect for some devices. My Question or Issue Often i got the problem, that my Spotify connects with some random devices from other peo...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Plötzlich Random Play

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHallo zusammen,seit ein paar Tagen springt mein Spotify immer wieder von Alphabetischer Reihenfolge auf Random-Play. Meist nach der Werbung.Dabei ist auch seltsam, dass...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hallo zusammen, seit ein paar Tagen springt mein Spotify immer wieder von Alphabetischer Re...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need Lyrics feature in Spotify PC

Hi Devs,The complete experience about spotify is awesome for me and for everyone that i talk to about the app. But most of the guys and including me think that you should bring the lyrics feature in pc mode also it works on the mobile so it means you...

• Hi Devs, The complete experience about spotify is awesome for me and for everyone that i talk to about the app. But most of the guys and including me think that you should bring the lyrics feature i...
  • phum_pmtiao
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution follow artist/artist collection not working

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Device(Macbook Pro, Windows Desktop, Iphone) My Question or Issue1) The Artist list is not syncing between my devices.2) When I click "follow" on any device it directly changes to again "follow" instead of "following", it be...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   Device (Macbook Pro, Windows Desktop, Iphone)   My Question or Issue 1) The Artist list is not syncing between my devices. 2) When I click "follow" ...
  • jbailey27112000
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify is Crazily Slow and I'm Microsoft Windows Whizz Kid...

My Question or Issue The latest version of Spotify is Crazily Slow and I'm Microsoft Windows Whizz Kid... It also often just gives a permanent black screen at start-up too. The Microsoft Store version is also even more buggy than the Windows standalo...

• Roadie
  • My Question or Issue   The latest version of Spotify is Crazily Slow and I'm Microsoft Windows Whizz Kid...   It also often just gives a permanent black screen at start-up too.   ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • slow
    Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Inaccurate popularity bars?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDell LatitudeOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueWhen I do a search all the popularity bars/meters for each song seem to be identically full. It's useless. I haven't used Spotify for at least 6 months, but...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada Device Dell Latitude Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue When I do a search all the popularity bars/meters for each song seem to be ident...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Song length Column

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have been a user for a while but I went on to spotify today and have found that the song le...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Can't see track duration column

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThis is what my spotify desktop client looks likeHow do I add track duration as a column ?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue This is what my spotify desktop client looks like How do I add track duration as a column ?
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Portable for Win 10

Hi,Im running Win10 x64 and wanted to know if Spotify plan on releasing an official portable version? My main reason for asking is because the Win version after installing creates many files and folders as one plays different songs in the application...

• Visitor
  • Hi, Im running Win10 x64 and wanted to know if Spotify plan on releasing an official portable version?    My main reason for asking is because the Win version after installing creates ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes