Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify cannot play this file right now. If the file exist on the computer you can import it

Ive tried different kind of solutions... Turning off hardware acceleration, delete local files bla bla but im fed of this. Spotify cost money per month meaning im paying that money, in return i want the stuff to work. If i am to dig deep in the web t...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive tried different kind of solutions... Turning off hardware acceleration, delete local files bla bla but im fed of this. Spotify cost money per month meaning im paying that money, in return i want ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution The Selected song will be played after the ads

Plan FreeCountry Canada Device PC running Windows 10(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System Windows 10(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Ok I am running Windows 10 (64 bit) and when I have Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Canada   Device PC running Windows 10 (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't launch

I recently installed Windows 10 1607 64-bit and wanted to install Spotify on it but once it installed, I cannot open the program. There is nothing in the task manager and have reinstalled it twice and restarted my PC. I have installed .NET framework,...

• Visitor
  • I recently installed Windows 10 1607 64-bit and wanted to install Spotify on it but once it installed, I cannot open the program. There is nothing in the task manager and have reinstalled it twice an...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 as Spotify Connect Receiver

Hello,I have a Windows 10 headless machine with speakers. I can cast my music to it from my android using the Windows Spotify App. But I would like to use it as receiver NOT linked to any spotify account, as if it were a Chromecast, Android TV, etc. ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I have a Windows 10 headless machine with speakers. I can cast my music to it from my android using the Windows Spotify App. But I would like to use it as receiver NOT linked to any spotify a...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! errorcode -4 - cant connect to internet - everything else works

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, after the automatic update my spotify cant connect to the internet. I always have to downgrade my program to use it. for example: "spotify-1-0-85-259" works fine. ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, after the automatic update my spotify cant connect to the internet. I always have to do...
  • spoti_user
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 112 on Windows 10 Desktop and nothing plays from Web Player

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDell ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello,All of a sudden this morning, the App switched to Offline Mode and stopped playing. I closed the App and opened it back up and was unable to log back in to th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Dell Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, All of a sudden this morning, the App switched to Offline Mode and stopped playi...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Web Player] on Win10 with Chrome not working

PlanPremium w/ familyOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello there,since yesterday (September 2nd 2019) I cannot access the web player on my work PC.I'm using Windows 10 with Chrome Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).When I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium w/ family Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello there, since yesterday (September 2nd 2019)  I cannot access the web player on my work PC. I'm using ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Autoplay not working

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10, 1903My Question or IssueTurning "Autoplay" under settings does nothing. On=Autoplays, Off=Autoplays. Tried to reboort, reinstall. Feature or Bug?

• Casual Listener
  •     Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10, 1903 My Question or Issue Turning "Autoplay" under settings does nothing. On=Autoplays, Off=Autoplays....
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Popfiltr

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I logged in to Spotify on Internet Explorer it automatically redirects me to Popfiltr and I am unable to log into my normal Spotify. Is there any way for me to log out of ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I logged in to Spotify on Internet Explorer it automatically redirects me to Popfiltr and I...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Instant Skipping

ProblemMy Problem is, i start Spotify and click on a Song, its insantly over, i click on a Playlist and it skips the songs till the playlist is over. What can i do?PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 8.1 Pro

• Visitor
  • Problem My Problem is, i start Spotify and click on a Song, its insantly over, i click on a Playlist and it skips the songs till the playlist is over. What can i do? Plan Premium Country Germany...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I would like to add music or sounds to my slide show

I would like to add music or sounds to my slide show? What is the best process if it is possible? When I am trying to find the downloads on my desktop, I cannot find them? Does the Spotify app allow this? My email: *snip*

• Visitor
  • I would like to add music or sounds to my slide show? What is the best process if it is possible? When I am trying to find the downloads on my desktop, I cannot find them? Does the Spotify app al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to Disconnect device from my spotify account? I can't find solutions

FreeMexicoDesktop and Android (Motorola)Windows 10I know that many have asked this but I can't find a solution.My phone connects automatically every time I open Spotify on my computer. I have already removed this device (my phone) from my computer bu...

• Visitor
  • Free Mexico Desktop and Android (Motorola) Windows 10 I know that many have asked this but I can't find a solution. My phone connects automatically every time I open Spotify on my computer. I ha...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Skip hotkeys skipping multiple songs

When I press the skip hotkeys (F10 and F12) they seem to skip the whole playlist. Anyway to fix this?

• Visitor
  • When I press the skip hotkeys (F10 and F12) they seem to skip the whole playlist. Anyway to fix this?
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ENOUGH DRAKE

If you're going to fill my home/browse page with DRAKE and playlists featuring DRAKE - at least give me permission to "remove" or "dislike". Especially since I've listened to about 4minutes worth of his music and never added or saved anything to my l...

• If you're going to fill my home/browse page with DRAKE and playlists featuring DRAKE  - at least give me permission to "remove" or "dislike".  Especially since I've listened to about 4minut...
  • sonoflife
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How do you select multiple songs in a playlist with the new interface (12/17/2019)?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDesktop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIt used to be that you could shift-click or ctrl-click to select multiple tunes for deletion or moving between playlists. That no longer works. How do you select multi...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Desktop   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue It used to be that you could shift-click or ctrl-click to select mult...
  • K3v1n
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing on Win 10 without user interaction

PlanPremiumCountry United States of AmericaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Issue Since the latest update to Spotify, the application will crash at random times while playing podcasts, shutting itself down unexpectedly. This occurs after the...

• Plan Premium Country  United States of America Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Issue  Since the latest update to Spotify, the application will crash at random ...
  • sodacandan
  • Visitor
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes

songs playing in reverse order for no reason

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 6 bi hi guys, this just started happening the other day and I have no idea why. the songs play in reverse. so if I have it sorted by song title and play the song "in da club", the next so...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device HP laptop Operating System Windows 10 6 bi   hi guys,   this just started happening the other day and I have no idea why.  the songs play in ...
  • ajetrumpet
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix not Updating

First, it is hard as **bleep** to even GET to this point of posting an issue. Second, this seems to be an on-going issue based on the YEARS of form posts about this. All of my playlists have stopped updating on my phone, computer, etc. I have done al...

• Casual Listener
  •   First, it is hard as **bleep** to even GET to this point of posting an issue.    Second, this seems to be an on-going issue based on the YEARS of form posts about this.   A...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution No Images Showing

No Images show on my work PC. I've chatted with support, with zero solutions. This has been going on for a year. The computer is very fast and has excellent internet connection. Images show on my phone and home devices.PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWind...

• No Images show on my work PC.  I've chatted with support, with zero solutions.  This has been going on for a year.  The computer is very fast and has excellent internet connection.&nbs...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dislike Button not working in Playlist Radio

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe dislike button in the playlist radio doesn't work at all. I click it and nothing happens. The like button and the menu buttons work just fine. I tried a fresh install and...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The dislike button in the playlist radio doesn't work at all. I click it and nothing happe...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes