Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Downloaded songs disappeared?

PlanPremiumDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueI'm in the process of moving house and without internet at the moment, so while I was at a friend's house I set my library to download so I can listen without eating up my data The so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Laptop Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue I'm in the process of moving house and without internet at the moment, so while I was at a friend's house I set...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists default naming convention harmonization

My Question or IssueOn Windows Desktop app, from an album page, there are multiple ways you can create a playlist from this album:1. from the 3 dots button > Add to Playlist2. by drag & drop of the album title to the playlist panel on the left sideTh...

• My Question or Issue On Windows Desktop app, from an album page, there are multiple ways you can create a playlist from this album: 1. from the 3 dots button > Add to Playlist 2. by drag & ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlist Drag and Drop
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug: Song Title in Volume Indicator Doesnt Match When Casting

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice/OSWindows 10, Google HomeMy Question or IssueWhen I cast to Google Home, then use the desktop client, the song title in the volume banner no longer matches.

Screenshot (21).png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device/OS Windows 10, Google Home My Question or Issue When I cast to Google Home, then use the desktop client, the song title in the volume banner no l...
  • stoniestGerm
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skipping songs by itself

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueToday I was using spotify through my phone when I decided to change to my laptop, the songs started to skip like crazy, not even a second playing. I tried to select a song on my phone and send...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Today I was using spotify through my phone when I decided to change to my laptop, the songs started to skip like crazy, not ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop app randomly requesting single clicks as double clicks

This has been happening to me since 2 weeks ago. When I'm browsing my playlists or queue, when I click on tracks or the playlist names, sometimes Spotify requests it as d double click, even though I didn't double click, resulting in Spotify playing a...

• Visitor
  • This has been happening to me since 2 weeks ago. When I'm browsing my playlists or queue, when I click on tracks or the playlist names, sometimes Spotify requests it as d double click, even though I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not playing

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueOk so, when i try to play any song a message comes up on the top of the screen that says "spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Ok so, when i try to play any song a message comes up on the top of the screen that says  "spotify can't play ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] [Desktop] Mouse 4/5 not working

They used to.. but for whatever reason they no longer work on my Desktop app for about a month or so now. Used to be I can navigate back and forth different pages I opened.

• Regular
  • They used to.. but for whatever reason they no longer work on my Desktop app for about a month or so now. Used to be I can navigate back and forth different pages I opened.
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Profile Pictures

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI tried changing my profile picture on my desktop and it won’t change it just keeps resetting...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I tried...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Albums missing from artist over view page, yet the album is available online

So, I noticed that some artist have albums avaible online on Spotify while the albums aren't present on the artist page. I know I has been already talked about, but the solutions I found said that people were seeing info on music they have on local f...

• Regular
  • So, I noticed that some artist have albums avaible online on Spotify while the albums aren't present on the artist page. I know I has been already talked about, but the solutions I found said th...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi! I hope you're having a good day,So I'm really confused, I transferred a bunch of songs (30 or so) using Local Files and moved them into a playlist, the p...

• Casual Listener
  • ...unch of songs (30 or so) using Local Files and moved them into a playlist, the playlist is public and everything but when I tested the link/playlist, the songs were greyed out? What I'm saying is, o...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bit of a weird situation - Windows 10 stopping playback upon shutting monitors off

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceGaming PC (Custom build)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAlright, this is where it gets right messed up - Whenever I shut both of my monitors off, playback shuts down after a few seconds. Its never done this bef...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Gaming PC (Custom build) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Alright, this is where it gets right messed up - Whenever I shut both of ...
  • Bexley_
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't handle Windows shutdown cleanly

This occurs with both the Windows 10 Store version and the Win32 app. With Spotify running, if I shut down my PC through the start menu (or simply kill Spotify through Task Manager), Spotify will revert to any settings that were set as well as whatev...

• Regular
  • This occurs with both the Windows 10 Store version and the Win32 app.   With Spotify running, if I shut down my PC through the start menu (or simply kill Spotify through Task Manager), Spotify...
  • sgtlaggy
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Search based on encoding

Is there a way to supply an advanced search parameter which specifies encoding? Alternatively, how can I find surround sound contents on Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to supply an advanced search parameter which specifies encoding?  Alternatively, how can I find surround sound contents on Spotify?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get a Phone Number

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC/AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueGet a support phone number instead of doing everything through your forum.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC/Android Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Get a support phone number instead of doing everything through your forum.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked Songs Glitching

PlanFreeCountry DeviceOLD DellOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI was trying to play my liked songs for the past few days, but every time I went into the liked songs section it would tell me it was empty and that I had no liked songs. In ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device OLD Dell Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I was trying to play my liked songs for the past few days, but every time I went into the lik...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play songs and friend list not showing fully

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceAcer aspireOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueMy spotify app can't play songs, even when downloaded. It will show a message "Spotify is unable to play this song right now." And it happens when I try to play...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Acer aspire Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue My spotify app can't play songs, even when downloaded. It will show a message "Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Search Engine always brings up "No Results"

Same issue as https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-Search-Engine-always-brings-up-quot-No-Results-quot/m-p/4532190#M62865 Happens on Mobile (Android) and Windows (Desktop)

• Regular
  • Same issue as https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-Search-Engine-always-brings-up-quot-No-Results-quot/m-p/4532190#M62865   Happens on Mobile (Android) and Windows (De...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

unable to Control the Volume of Ads

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am no longer able to change the audio levels for ads in spotify . where a lot of ads are fine . some times they come in WAY to loud . I used to be able to just adjust the V...

• Plan Free Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am no longer able to change the audio levels for ads in spotify . where a lot of ads are fine . ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs available in USA missing in India at random, only new albums available, is there a reason?

PlanPremiumCountry IndiaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueMany albums I used to listen to back when I had the free service in the USA are missing here, will they be back at some point or are they simply unavailable here? Many ba...

• Plan Premium Country  India Device Laptop Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Many albums I used to listen to back when I had the free service in the USA are missing h...
  • HirenThakor
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Fresh Finds Spotify Playlist Request

Hi, i am a big fan of Fresh Finds, but i do have a little suggestion with the spin-off genre playlists. And because i am a die-hard christian, i would like to suggest a new fresh finds spin-off playlist.Fresh Finds: Rejoice: a new Fresh Finds playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i am a big fan of Fresh Finds, but i do have a little suggestion with the spin-off genre playlists.  And because i am a die-hard christian,  i would like to suggest a new fresh finds s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes