Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Desktop App wants to update/reinstall DAILY

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify is CONSTANTLY asking to update and reinstall. I have tried every suggestion I can find, ranging from a total uninstall and fresh install all the way through the nucle...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify is CONSTANTLY asking to update and reinstall.  I have tried every suggestion I can fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sincronization between devices

I have Spotify Premium installed in 1 PC, 1 notebook (both Windows 10) and 1 cell phone (Android), and it's been more than a month that these devices are not sincronizing themselves when I add songs to my account. There are songs that are saved to th...

image.png image.png image.png
  • I have Spotify Premium installed in 1 PC, 1 notebook (both Windows 10) and 1 cell phone (Android), and it's been more than a month that these devices are not sincronizing themselves when I add songs ...
  • Shak13
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Remove 'Find Friends' Panel

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe 'Find Friends' panel on the right side of the desktop application should have a way of closing it completely. It's just taking up space while not being utilized.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The 'Find Friends' panel on the right side of the desktop application should have a way of cl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Find friends
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The public playlist I created only shows up on my profile after someone follows me

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceDell laptop & iPod Touch 5th GenerationOperating SystemWindows 10 & iOS 9 My Question or IssueI have a public playlist with a lot of my favorite songs in it. I recently attempted to find my playlist using a family member's Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country US Device Dell laptop & iPod Touch 5th Generation Operating System Windows 10 & iOS 9   My Question or Issue I have a public playlist with a lot of my favorit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Play this Song Right Now FIX...

PlanPremiumCountry Device(PC)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI was having SO MANY issues getting any music to play on my Spotify Desktop App. I was able to play music on my phone and through the Web App, but not on the desktop.I trie...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I was having SO MANY issues getting any music to play on my Spotify Desktop App. I was able...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ALBUM: Vory - Say EP (ZIP)

1. Vory - Save Me Now2. Vory - Stay3. Vory - Worst ft. Smokepurpp4. Vory - Selfish5. Vory - You Got It6. Vory - MisunderstoodDOWNLOAD ALBUM: Vory - Say EP (ZIP) FILE

• Casual Listener
  • 1. Vory - Save Me Now 2. Vory - Stay 3. Vory - Worst ft. Smokepurpp 4. Vory - Selfish 5. Vory - You Got It 6. Vory - Misunderstood DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Vory - Say EP (ZIP) FILE
  • ElainaD
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs don't play. Reinstall only works for a day or two.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceHP EliteBook 840 G1Operating SystemWindows 7 Enterprise, SP1 My Question or IssueAll songs that are in Spotify-curated lists or my playlists play fine. Songs found by searching often don't play. After pressing the 'play' bu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device HP EliteBook 840 G1 Operating System Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1   My Question or Issue All songs that are in Spotify-curated lists or my playlists play...
  • mousemanb
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

language settings - spotify doesn't restart automatically

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceWin 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 64bit education edition My Issue/BugOn switching language a bar opens that tells you to restart Spotify to apply the change.If I click on the link, Spotify doesn't restart but just sh...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Win 10 PC Operating System Windows 10 64bit education edition   My Issue/Bug On switching language a bar opens that tells you to restart Spotify to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    language settings
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify application won't load. Windows 7

I've Ctrl-Alt-Del and there is no spotify service running. I've uninstalled (deleted the dir as the 'uninstall' option did nothing) reinstalled the program to no effect drivers are up to date and network is working properly

• Casual Listener
  • I've Ctrl-Alt-Del and there is no spotify service running.   I've uninstalled (deleted the dir as the 'uninstall' option did nothing)   reinstalled the program to no effect   dri...
  • Hanover
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spam/Malware advert

Scam/Malware adverts are showing frequently on a local library PC running Windows 10.

• Music Fan
  • Scam/Malware adverts are showing frequently on a local library PC running Windows 10.    
  • axlegear
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • fraud
    malware
    phishing
    scam
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with spotify in windows 10 does not run

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevice(My Device/chorme/firefox)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue:Well first of all I'm very happy to be part of this community!I am facing a problem that is getting annoying with the spoty I have the software ...

•   Plan Premium Country Brazil Device (My Device/chorme/firefox) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue: Well first of all I'm very happy to be part of this communit...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps returning to an album I haven't selected to play

Every time I play a song on Spotify on the laptop (w/ Windows), the next up song reverts to the same album (Madonna of all choices..). I uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify, but the problem continues. Not sure what to do. BTW, I had the same pro...

• Every time I play a song on Spotify on the laptop (w/ Windows), the next up song reverts to the same album (Madonna of all choices..). I uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify, but the problem cont...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change singer "Similar to ..." on the home screen

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceSurface Pro 6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I looked for a singer and did not find it appeared on the home screen "Similar to ..." and I can not delete or change anything.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Surface Pro 6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I looked for a singer and did not find it appeared on the home screen "Similar ...
  • ElainaD
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I notice a track replaced with another one from the same artist time and time again

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, so I've noticed a recurring problem with my -- say, nostalgic -- playlist. A song (particularly "Don't Speak" by No Doubt) is replaced with another one from the s...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, so I've noticed a recurring problem with my -- say, nostalgic -- playlist. A song (par...
  • Udusush
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist change
    Song Replacement
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player "Server not found"

PlanFreeCountrycanadaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI get the error "Server not found" on the webiste and its been days and also i've tried in other browsers it still doesnt work. I've tried to open the website using googl...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country canada Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I get the error "Server not found" on the webiste  and its been days and also i'...
  • Keanu_C
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows UWP App not showing username

I have Spotify Premium, and I'm using the Win10 UWP app on a Dell StudioXPS, and for some reason, my display name, or user name [The Lone Lycanroc] won't show on the app at all. Instead, it shows some generic string of code I don't even understand, a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium, and I'm using the Win10 UWP app on a Dell StudioXPS, and for some reason, my display name, or user name [The Lone Lycanroc] won't show on the app at all. Instead, it shows som...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now

PlanPremium (for family)CountryUKDeviceSpotify for WindowsOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueIf I currently have any other program / app open when I try to start music, it just immediately cancels it out, with the error message "Spotify can...

• Plan Premium (for family) Country UK Device Spotify for Windows Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue If I currently have any other program / app open when I try to start music, it...
  • 6b-3_4ns0l3d7
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Can't play tracks on Desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DevicePC DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello there, from yesterday i can't listen tracks on Spotify Desktop. I can on my Android Phone, Echo Plus and Web Player. When i click play on the top of the app...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy    Device PC Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hello there, from yesterday i can't listen tracks on Spotify Deskt...
  • jgordo
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Foto na Playlist "Descobertas da Semana"

A minha Playlist "Descobertas da Semana" mostra uma foto antiga do facebook e não encontro um local onde eu posso alterar isso. Existe uma forma de alterar a foto/imagem? Obrigado.

• Visitor
  • A minha Playlist "Descobertas da Semana" mostra uma foto antiga do facebook e não encontro um local onde eu posso alterar isso.   Existe uma forma de alterar a foto/imagem?   Obrigado.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Clear the Queue

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUK Operating SystemWin 7, 64bit My Question or IssueThe queueis my biggest bone of contention with Spotify. It just doesn't work the way I expect. The issue I have today is how to clear it. As stated above, this is Windows wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country UK   Operating System Win 7, 64bit   My Question or Issue The queueis my biggest bone of contention with Spotify.  It just doesn't work the way I e...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes