Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Type to search within playlists gone?

I used to be able to just start typing when viewing my playlist on the Desktop app, and it would go to that song. Has this feature been removed? It's very annoying to have to scroll down to find specific songs, when I used to be able to just start ty...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to just start typing when viewing my playlist on the Desktop app, and it would go to that song. Has this feature been removed? It's very annoying to have to scroll down to find spec...
  • MrStereovideo12
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows App won't play without messing with soundcard quality

Background - Windows 10 1903, External USB DAC/Soundcard, Spotify Premium, app set to default to max quality. The Spotify desktop app has recently started throwing "spotify can't play this right now" errors at me. I've tried all of the usual suggesti...

• Regular
  • Background - Windows 10 1903, External USB DAC/Soundcard, Spotify Premium, app set to default to max quality.   The Spotify desktop app has recently started throwing "spotify can't play t...
  • neil_g
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Random play several artists

Hi using Windows desktop app.How can I play random music from more than one of my favourite saved Artists? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi using Windows desktop app. How can I play random music from more than one of my favourite saved Artists?    Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 client not synchronizing

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceWindows 10 Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop client doesn't sync when I add songs to my library on my phone. For example, I'm listening to Discover Weekly and save 2 songs, these songs d...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Windows 10 Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop client doesn't sync when I add songs to my library on my phone. F...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify App: Start-up error

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello! For the past few months, I've been using the Spotify app on my new computer, which is the one I'm using right now. I came to open the app last night and an error appea...

•     Plan Free Country United Kingdom Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello! For the past few months, I've been using the Spotify app on my new computer, wh...
  • NaibElSayel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify web and desktop do not work when using bluetooth

I have a windows 10 laptop with default, realtek audio drivers, playing music through my speakers works fine. But why the **bleep** would you want to listen to music on laptop speakers? the INSTANT i switch over to my bluetooth headphones I get "oops...

• Casual Listener
  •  I have a windows 10 laptop with default, realtek audio drivers, playing music through my speakers works fine. But why the **bleep** would you want to listen to music on laptop speakers? the INS...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music starts playing automatically 26 seconds after having paused

PlanPremium (Family plan) CountrySweden Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763, Build 17763 Spotify Version1.1.5.153.gf614956d IssueScenario: I am listening to music then I press pause. Without touching the mouse or the computer the music...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium (Family plan)   Country Sweden   Operating System Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763, Build 17763   Spotify Version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d   Issue Scenario:...
  • Gripenstedt
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't play any music and my playlists have no music in them

I've been using Spotify for years now and for a while I've had this problem where I could only play music in my playlists. In order to play other music I'd have to reinstall the app, then I could play new music and add new music to my playlists. I ju...

• I've been using Spotify for years now and for a while I've had this problem where I could only play music in my playlists. In order to play other music I'd have to reinstall the app, then I could pla...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent update - Library

PlanPremium My Question or Issue Alot of people on the Community seemed to have raised this, but I was surprised to see that all the albums and artists I have saved songs from had suddenly disappeeared under the last update. I have actually just swit...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue   Alot of people on the Community seemed to have raised this, but I was surprised to see that all the albums and artists I have saved songs from had...
  • LexBud
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Continuously skipping

My desktop player on windows 10 is continuously skipping songs one second into the song. My account does not do this on iOS, web player or amazon alexa. I have tried to find answers through the community including uninstalling the windows app mulitpl...

• Casual Listener
  • My desktop player on windows 10 is continuously skipping songs one second into the song. My account does not do this on iOS, web player or amazon alexa.  I have tried to find answers through ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] Folder Playlist Random Play not random

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm playing the folder of my top 100 of each year, but the random is not random as double play in row. So if the song is found in each 3 playlist, it will play 3 times in a row...

SpotifyBug.PNG
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm playing the folder of my top 100 of each year, but the random is not random as double play in r...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug Playlist
    Folder Playlist
    Random shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When pause Spotify play by itself after ~10-15 seconds.

Plan : PremiumCountry : TürkiyeDevice : Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen NotebookOperating System : Windows 10 64bitMy Question or IssueMy headset on the notebook, whenever I pause Spotify, it would unpause itself or just play by itself after ~10-15 seconds....

• Regular
  • Plan : Premium Country : Türkiye Device : Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen Notebook Operating System : Windows 10 64bit My Question or Issue My headset on the notebook, whenever I pause Spotify, it ...
  • ErkannakrE
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify PC app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI use the free version of Spotify. This PC uses Windows 10 (64-bit) Home (1903, build 18362.1...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I use t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] How to start tracks at specific point

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone X iOS 12, Windows 10 My Question or IssueUpon listening to a playlist I noticed that there is backend control over start times and fades uniqe to individual tracks, how would I go about using these advanced playli...

•   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone X iOS 12, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Upon listening to a playlist I noticed that there is backend control over start times and fa...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Google Cast devices don't appear unless I cast from another device first

My Cast Devices don't appear in Desktop unless I cast to them from a different device first. Example: I open Spotify Desktop app in Windows. Only my SONOS devices are visible: There's no sign of my Google Home devices! So I say to Google Home "Play x...

image.png image.png image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My Cast Devices don't appear in Desktop unless I cast to them from a different device first.    Example: I open Spotify Desktop app in Windows. Only my SONOS devices are visible:  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • App
    cast
    Desktop
    google
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

On a windows 10 desktop downloaded spotify music

PremiumCountry: New Zealand DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question: Spotify downloads are stored in a file in windows explorer, how do you play these music files??

• Premium Country: New Zealand   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question: Spotify downloads are stored in a file in windows explorer, how do you play these music files?? &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Overlay

I have a very simple question. How do you enable the Spotify overlay? I have already enabled it in the settings, I just want to know what button combination you have to use in order to enable it in-game. I have tried CTRL+ Left/Right arrow, though th...

• I have a very simple question. How do you enable the Spotify overlay? I have already enabled it in the settings, I just want to know what button combination you have to use in order to enable it in-g...
  • NaibElSayel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to Japanese artists?

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindwos 10 My Question or IssueI've been searching wide and far for a solution for this and I just can't find anything, or nothing fixes the issue. I can't listen to (over 85%) of any Japanese artists ...

• Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Windwos 10   My Question or Issue I've been searching wide and far for a solution for this and I just can't find anything, or no...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weekly released, can it be reversed 1 week?

I forgot to add my songs on the previous week, can i get those songs back?

• Casual Listener
  • I forgot to add my songs on the previous week, can i get those songs back?  
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify switches to chrome browser automatically

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am playing music through the spotify app on windows while sending emails. Each time it seems to switch automatically to playing from browser versus from the app...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am playing music through the spotify app on windows while sending emails. Each time ...
  • NaibElSayel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes