Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Podcasts not marked finished; podcast length incorrect

PlanPremiumCountry USOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been listening to a bunch of podcasts lately and frequently some episodes will not mark as listened even if I get to the very end. Sometimes I can replay it and skip to the end ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  US Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been listening to a bunch of podcasts lately and frequently some episodes will not mark as l...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Every time I try to embed song, I gets HTML error

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince past few days I am constantly trying to embed the song on my website, but every time I get the unusual error saying HTML is changed, now what does that mean? Is this the problem with my website? I ...

• Visitor
  •     Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since past few days I am constantly trying to embed the song on my website, but every time I get the unusual error saying H...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I Cant open the Spotify App Double Click and no response

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI Cant open the Spotify App Double Click and no response

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I Cant open the Spotify App Double Click and no response
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • cant open
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Adding a source?

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have quite a bit of music that I've ripped from CDs and vinyl over the years. I did most of that a long time ago, when the software, including all of Microsoft's, organized it by "Drive:\Whatever\Artis...

• Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have quite a bit of music that I've ripped from CDs and vinyl over the years.  I did most of that a long time ago, when the software...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Very poor audio w/ desktop application.

Why is the audio quality so bad with the dekstop application? Everything else on my desktop sounds fine, but Spotify sounds horrible. I have High Quality Streaming checked and I've cleared the cache folder and restarted, no help.

• Casual Listener
  • Why is the audio quality so bad with the dekstop application?    Everything else on my desktop sounds fine, but Spotify sounds horrible.   I have High Quality Streaming ...
  • Paul333
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant remove recently played from the HOME page.

this one random album that ive never listened to is stuck on my page and its driving me up the wall as i cant find a single way to remove it. is there anything i can do because i like everything to be organised and have its own place, this really bug...

• Casual Listener
  • this one random album that ive never listened to is stuck on my page and its driving me up the wall as i cant find a single way to remove it. is there anything i can do because i like everything to b...
  • cjmee99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

sort ascending

I am using win desktop. I am trying to sort in the songs list {not a playlist} for some time now when I click on the up or down arrow next to title, artist or ion of a clock it fails to work. Why has this sort ascending/descending been blocked? What ...

• Visitor
  • I am using win desktop. I am trying to sort in the songs list {not a playlist} for some time now when I click on the up or down arrow next to title, artist  or ion of a clock it fails to work. W...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution What has happened to the ability to copy the playlist url in Spotify Premium?

What has happened to the ability to copy the playlist url in Spotify Premium? It was such a good function. Why has it been removed?

• Visitor
  • What has happened to the ability to copy the playlist url in Spotify Premium? It was such a good function. Why has it been removed?
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify open and kind of stop work but does'nt close

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My spotify simple open, load everything but never plays, it's like he simple turn off, he don't show up in devices and nothing, i can click anything i want, nothing happens and my friends time...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My spotify simple open, load everything but never plays, it's like he simple turn off, he don't show up in devices and...
  • gabrigomez15
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Customization? Like SKINS? How can Spotify not have this??

Plan - PremiumUsing Windows 10 on Lenovo LaptopBeen a Subscriber forever! My question is:Why can't we CUSTOMIZE Spotify like with different SKINS or PLAYERS? Especially those who have been paying premium for years? There has to be people readily avai...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium Using Windows 10 on Lenovo Laptop Been a Subscriber forever!   My question is: Why can't we CUSTOMIZE Spotify like with different SKINS or PLAYERS?  Especially those wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobble to last.fm via Proxy VPN not working on windows10 pc client

Scrobbling to last.fm via Proxy/VPN is not working on my windows10 machine.If I switch off the proxy and establish a direct network connection (not via VPN) it does work, it even scrobbles the cached songs.Back to VPN/Proxy no scrobbles. As playback ...

• Casual Listener
  • Scrobbling to last.fm via Proxy/VPN is not working on my windows10 machine. If I switch off the proxy and establish a direct network connection (not via VPN) it does work, it even scrobbles the cach...
  • MrBlubber
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • last.fm
    proxy
    scrobble
    scrobbling
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking album art goes to a random song on playlist

On Desktop client, when you clicked album art in the bottom left corner, it used to jump to that song entry in the current playlist. Now it just jumps to a random song in the Playlist and not the one playing. Can you guys fix this? Some of my playlis...

• Gig Goer
  • On Desktop client, when you clicked album art in the bottom left corner, it used to jump to that song entry in the current playlist. Now it just jumps to a random song in the Playlist and not the one...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

My phone dont show up on my Spotify at my computer

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 8 Operating System(Windows 10, iOS13.3.1) My Question or IssueMy phone does not come up on my computer and not opposite. I am conected at the same network as well and it shows up in the web version? Anyone knows the reason wh...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 8   Operating System (Windows 10, iOS13.3.1)   My Question or Issue My phone does not come up on my computer and not opposite. I am conected at t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It might just be me, slightly slower audio.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 64 bit My Question or IssueI rebooted my PC and upon opening Spotify, I swear for the life of me the music just seems like it was ever so slightly slower, I wouldn't notice it normally if...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 64 bit   My Question or Issue I rebooted my PC and upon opening Spotify, I swear for the life of me the music just...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app doesn't updated recently played artists

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell Latitude 7490Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen playing music on the Windows 10 app, my recently played artists/songs doesn't update. When I play music through the online player (open.spotify...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Latitude 7490 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When playing music on the Windows 10 app, my recently played artists/son...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to uninstall/install

Spotify tried updating itself on startup and gave the error code 18, so I uninstalled it to reinstall again.After uninstalling I used the install again but it gave me the same error, now my computer says Spotify is still an app on my computer despite...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify tried updating itself on startup and gave the error code 18, so I uninstalled it to reinstall again. After uninstalling I used the install again but it gave me the same error, now my compute...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error code 18
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change profile picture

Plan - PremiumCountry - NetherlandsDevice - Windows 10 pc If I change my picture in the desktop app it shows it changed on the page but does not update at the top, see attachments as example. If I go in incognito mode in chrome and open my spotify I ...

• Plan - Premium Country - Netherlands Device - Windows 10 pc   If I change my picture in the desktop app it shows it changed on the page but does not update at the top, see attachme...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Changing primary device/ Usernames

I tried to change my profile picture on my desktop app but when I close and reopen it, my picture didnt appear. After some research, I learned that apperently in order to change my profile picture, I need to be on my primary device. I tried to log ou...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to change my profile picture on my desktop app but when I close and reopen it, my picture didnt appear. After some research, I learned that apperently in order to change my profile picture, I...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Liked Songs playlist appearing as empty on laptop

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceDell Inspiron 5437Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Liked Songs playlist shows up as empty whenever I try to open it on my laptop. It works fine whenever I open it on my phone. I can look through the a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Dell Inspiron 5437 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Liked Songs playlist shows up as empty whenever I try to open it on my la...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes