Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

When I turn the volume down on Spotify PC, the volume occasionally sets itself to full blast. Why?

I am using Spotify fo PC to control music on my Amazon Echo (1st Gen). Occasionally when I turn the volume down using the CTL+DOWN key combination, the volume is set to one below the maximum, despite showing the correct volume before the attempted vo...

• I am using Spotify fo PC to control music on my Amazon Echo (1st Gen). Occasionally when I turn the volume down using the CTL+DOWN key combination, the volume is set to one below the maximum, despite...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New update (evident on 27.4.2019) lost ability to play albums in row

Dear Spotify I hope that you would make the album view back into a list that you would also be able to sort according to parameters such as a-z, z-a, release date etc. And then you could simply hit play and the software would keep playing until I wan...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify   I hope that you would make the album view back into a list that you would also be able to sort according to parameters such as a-z, z-a, release date etc. And then you could sim...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution My song list doesn't update

PlanPremiumCountryItalyOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy spotify account works perfectly on all my devices, while on my PC has a problem: it doesn't update my library songs list. I tried to reinstall the application, but nothing chang...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My spotify account works perfectly on all my devices, while on my PC has a problem: it doesn't update my lib...
  • Jacu
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

desktop app (windows) randomly logs out

The app just randomly logs me out especially when i restart my computer and undownloads all of the songs and i have to download everything all over again so i can listen offline. it's like i paid for a basic function i can't even use I tried clean re...

• The app just randomly logs me out especially when i restart my computer and undownloads all of the songs and i have to download everything all over again so i can listen offline. it's like i paid for...
  • FlOberon
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIphone X, PS4 & Windows LaptopOperating SystemIOS 12.2 (up to date), Windows 10 My Question or IssueSpofity on my iphone, PS4 and laptop pauses songs after a few seconds of playing. I've tried making sure battery save mode ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Iphone X, PS4 & Windows Laptop Operating System IOS 12.2 (up to date), Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spofity on my iphone, PS4 and laptop pauses...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not play song in spotify desktop windows app

I can not play certain song in my desktop app but in my phone or any other device is possible. Why? I better stop paying spotify? use another streaming app? or pay youtube?

• Regular
  • I can not play certain song in my desktop app but in my phone or any other device is possible. Why? I better stop paying spotify? use another streaming app? or pay youtube?
  • atelopus13
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Wont Open

Windows 7Spotify App just stopped working about two weeks ago. The app won't even open.I am able to use the Webplayer straight from Spotify. I've read all the other posts and nothing worked.Spotify is not running in processes, its completely off.Rest...

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 7 Spotify App just stopped working about two weeks ago. The app won't even open. I am able to use the Webplayer straight from Spotify.   I've read all the other posts and nothing wor...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Album icons are way too big on home screen

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issuesee attached. how can i reduce the icon size to show more on the screen

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue see attached. how can i reduce the icon size to show more on the screen  
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing song over and over. Can't pause/skip/stop.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue-----------------------Spotify has been playing a song (which I have never heard of, nor looked up in my entire life - not even in my own language) over and ov...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue ----------------------- Spotify has been playing a song (which I have never heard ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Media keys no longer working

Operating SystemWindows 10 I have a keyboard with standard media keys. THey have alwasy worked pefrectly with my spotify until today. I updated my computor, and now my media keys are stuck forcing my youtube tabs to start/stop playing. If i close out...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 10   I have a keyboard with standard media keys. THey have alwasy worked pefrectly with my spotify until today. I updated my computor, and now my media keys are stuck...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify CPU use is above 40% (Windows 10 - I7 - 16G RAM)

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceNotebookOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSpotify is using a lot of CPU, much more than other "heavy Softwares" like Visual Studio or Eclipe.

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Notebook Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify is using a lot of CPU, much more than other "heavy Softwares" like Visual Studio or Eclip...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cpu usage
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost capability of finding friends to follow

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevice(Dell Inspiron 15 7560 laptop computer)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueHi,I lost a capability of finding friends to follow. When I click "Find friends" button the window pops out with an error (see the s...

•   Plan Premium Country Poland Device (Dell Inspiron 15 7560 laptop computer) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hi, I lost a capability of finding friends to f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't see some of my friends' activity

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMacBook Pro 2011, IMac 2011, HP ElitebookOperating SystemMojave and Windows professional My Question or IssueI have followed ther same list of friends on Spotify for more than a year. Suddently, about 2 weeks ago, I can'...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device MacBook Pro 2011, IMac 2011, HP Elitebook Operating System Mojave and Windows professional   My Question or Issue I have followed ther same list of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liking on radios?

I recently noticed on the android app that thumbs turned into a heart and now "liking" does not alter my radio stations. This morning the whole thing is just missing on PC completely. Now my station just plays music in relation rather than altering i...

• Regular
  • I recently noticed on the android app that thumbs turned into a heart and now "liking" does not alter my radio stations. This morning the whole thing is just missing on PC completely. Now my station ...
  • Heroxoot
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Song plays itself during album playback

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 I have a track that keeps playing itself when a completely different album. Typically, it starts after the first track of the album has been played.I have not selected it. The random teack wa...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   I have a track that keeps playing itself when a completely different album. Typically, it starts after the first trac...
  • dedsec69_attack
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Filtering songs/artist in playlist does not work anymore

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I filter an artist/band spotify doesn't play the filtered ones and continues to play my playlist. I have 1800+ songs in my playlist and sometimes I want to list...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device iPhone 7 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I filter an artist/band spotify doesn't play the filtered ones and continues to play...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Podcast cuts out and is choppy

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNormal song play is fine, when trying to play a music podcast, it throws a message saying can't play song and is all choppy. Not sure why a 'podcast' wouldn't work but a playli...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Normal song play is fine, when trying to play a music podcast, it throws a message sayi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not playing / Song timer not moving

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNo songs are playing. I've tried playlists, favorites, and searching. The album cover/band/title/song length will all load but the song will never start. It sits with the...

• Plan Free Country US Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue No songs are playing. I've tried playlists, favorites, and searching. The album cover/band/tit...
  • DavideBufano
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Playing random songs

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceIphone 4sOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issues :Sometimes my spotify start playing random songs, it skips the song i'm listening and starts to play this songs i've never heard before. It says i'm listening in ...

• Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Iphone 4s Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issues : Sometimes my spotify start playing random songs, it skips the song i'm listening and ...
  • 4Bidden
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast does not pick up from where you leave on web player (browser version)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceLenovo DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen you listen to podcasts, and then pause and leave, when you come back, it does not remember where you paused. Therefore have to constantly note the...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Lenovo Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When you listen to podcasts, and then pause and leave, when you come back, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes