Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

i have full connection yet spotify says i am offline, please help. i am on pc

Solved!

i have full connection yet spotify says i am offline, please help. i am on pc

i have full connection to the internet but spotify says i am offline, please help. i am on pc

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @melvinsoprano, @Xxxtentacion101 and @subway909

In the login page (Settings in the lower end of screen) as well as in Preferences (Advanced Settings) there are Proxy settings.

Try going there and select 'No Proxy' in the dropdown menu.

Preferences is under Menu dots - Edit.

However, if proxy is actually used, then you'll have to enter the proxy details there.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community Forums!

Have you tried closing and re opening the app?It should work if you of course have a working internet connection.

I have the same problem. I'm behind a corporate proxy, but Spotify won't connect.

If your company uses proxy then maybe they are blockig the connection.If you have time check this topic for more info

I work in IT at my company, so no, there is no blocking going on.

Also the web player and the android app are working fine.

I am having exactly the same issue since last version. Need help.

Web player works fine, not the desktop app.

J

Marked as solution

Hey @melvinsoprano, @Xxxtentacion101 and @subway909

In the login page (Settings in the lower end of screen) as well as in Preferences (Advanced Settings) there are Proxy settings.

Try going there and select 'No Proxy' in the dropdown menu.

Preferences is under Menu dots - Edit.

However, if proxy is actually used, then you'll have to enter the proxy details there.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @sebasty, thanks for the tip. I had already tried that but just tried again to no avail.

I have been using the app with the same proxy settings for months now without problems. It's only since the last update was launched that I am experiencing these issues.

Actually, I have uninstalled the new version altogether and reverted to the previous one and everything works fine again. It's only the new version giving trouble. This is a major pain point, since every time that i restart the app, it installs the new version and I have to uninstall and install the previous again. But better than nothing since I  really don't like the web player.

Hopefully the issue will be fixed in future versions.

Thanks a lot fot your help!

I also did everything melvinsoprano did, but had no success.

Sweet, so I am not the only IT person having this issue. https://open.spotify.com works however the rich client fails to go online. I am using a http proxy if that is any help and I am unable to see any spotify traffic at the proxy either. 

It seems to me that update 1.0.83.318 broke the proxy function completely (on Windows 10).

I have to rely on a proxy and can't use spotify since the update.

It might be related to our professions, since I'm IT as well!!!

Are there any non-IT professionals afected by the issue? 🙂

i have a good connection i can do anything else on my pc or on anything else but it doesnt work even after restarting the program

nope its my home wifi

Suggested posts