Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music stops almost as soon as it starts

music stops almost as soon as it starts

I just got a premium account and went to my favorite artist. As soon as I clicked on one of his songs, it started playing a random song from his album and for only 11 seconds. I cannot get spotify to play for longer.
1 Reply

Tail-wagging hello to you!

If you're experiencing an issue where a song is playing for only 11 seconds, it's possible that your internet connection is not stable or fast enough to support the streaming of music. This can cause the song to stop playing prematurely, as the app is not able to buffer the music fast enough to keep up with playback.

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that you have a stable and fast internet connection. You can try resetting your modem/router or connecting to a different network to see if this helps.

2. Clear the app cache: Clearing the app cache can help resolve issues with the app. To do this, go to your phone's Settings, then Apps, find Spotify, and tap on Storage. From there, tap on Clear Cache.

3. Reinstall the app: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app can also help resolve issues. To do this, go to your phone's Settings, then Apps, find Spotify, and tap on Uninstall. Once it's uninstalled, go to the App Store or Google Play Store and reinstall the app.

4. Contact Spotify support: If the issue persists, you can contact Spotify support for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide you with additional solutions to resolve it.

It's also worth noting that some songs may have a preview period where you can only listen to a certain amount of the song before it stops playing. This is typically the case with new releases or popular songs. However, this preview period should not be limited to 11 seconds, so if you're experiencing this issue with all songs, it's likely an issue with the app; your internet connection or you may have logged into a free account and not the premium account by accident.

Don't leave me in the doghouse, keep me informed!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts