Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music stuttering on acer one 10 notebook

music stuttering on acer one 10 notebook

I'm using an acer one 10 notebook and have recently started experiencing a problem with the songs stuttering/skipping - like a cd with a scratch on it.   Once it starts, it does it for every song.  I can't listen to anything now.  I've cleaned up the memory and reloaded Spotify.  It was fine for a day or so and now it's doing it again.  any suggestions?

6 Replies

Hey @Calvert600

That's weird!

Firstly I'd recommend taking a look at the following audio settings as those can cause some weird issues too.

The audio enhancements:
1. Go to Taskbar, find and click on the speaker icon. Click the speaker/device icon again on the volume slider popup.
2. Go to Sound Enhancement tab and disable them.
3. If there are additional tabs like Dolby or similar, try disabling these too.

The Communications setting:
1. Find the speaker icon on Taskbar again. Right-click on it and select Sounds.
2. In the opened window go to COmmunications and set Windows to do nothing.

If those didn't help, could you let me know of these:

1. How old is your computer and did this issue start happening after some specific event (like an update to whatever)?
2. Does this issue happen when you try Youtube, your local media players and Spotify web player?

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the help!  Unfortunately, I could not locate a tab for sound enhancements (and saw online that other people have encountered that as well).  I tried updating Windows 10 one more time and after a few problems with errors on the restart, I am currently listening to Spotify "stutter-free."   Fingers crossed it continues!  Not sure if it was the update that caused the problem or something else. 

@Calvert600

Very nice to hear it's no longer stuttering! 🙂

I hope it stays that way too. Might have been some Windows problem (possibly drivers) that updating solved the issue.

The Enhancement tab is present for people with Realtek audio drivers. If your machine uses a different soundcard (driver), then the settings may differ.
I for example have a Focusrite interface and I have no settings for sound enhancements whatsoever, so no worries. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I think the same thing is happening to me. Suddenly, the song will start going back 30 seconds and then back to where it was quickly and continuously. 

It only happens on the desktop version, not the web player. 

I am using Spotify Free and on Windows 7. 

Hey @khush37

That sounds peculiar!

I'd recommend reinstalling your Spotify client like this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Also, try out the troubleshooting tips posted earlier in this thread! 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks for your suggestions but I ended up not needing them because it seems to be back to normal again today, odd...

Suggested posts