Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

play "local files" that reside on my desktop device on my mobile?

Solved!

play "local files" that reside on my desktop device on my mobile?

I cant get local files that are on my desktop to play on my mobile app. Both devices are on the same network. I have logged in and out of both desktop and mobile. Desktop is windows10 and mobile is Android

Any help would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @wolfstone636

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried following these steps?

If so, and you still can't sync your local files, it's well worth running a clean reinstall

on both devices to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store on your PC.   

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @wolfstone636

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried following these steps?

If so, and you still can't sync your local files, it's well worth running a clean reinstall

on both devices to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store on your PC.   

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app and the mobile app. Now the desktop app wont play the local files and the mobile app just keeps saying that the song is unavailable on my device.

Hi @wolfstone636,

In this case, could you tell us if your local files are greyed out or are just unplayable (desktop)? If so, we recommend adding the local files once again to the Desktop version following these steps. 

Once you do this, restart Spotify and tell us how it works. 

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

I followed your instructions and I put one of the songs into a new playlist. The song plays on the desktop. I can see the playlist on the mobile device but the song will not play. I am attaching 2 screenshots

Screenshot_20220407-164132.png
Screenshot_20220407-164136.png

Hey @wolfstone636,

Thanks for your reply! 

In this case, we suggest that you play a song (local file) from the desktop version and use Connect in order to play it from your mobile device. Let us know if it starts to play from your phone after doing that.

We'll be here standing by. 

Suggested posts