Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Music is not heard when changing user in Windows 10 Home

None of the information below is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try to help you.PlanPremiumcountrySpainDevicePCOperating system(Windows 10 Home) My question or problemI have a PC with Windows Home 10 and 3 di...

• None of the information below is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try to help you. Plan Premium country Spain Device PC Operating system (Windows 10 Ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sound
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bizarre Frustrating Audio Routing Error Made Worse by Zero Logging/Info from Spotify App

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 v1909 My Question or IssueI'm sure this will go nowhere and probably get deleted/locked as you guys don't seem to care much about user experience when it comes to the desktop app (perfec...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 v1909   My Question or Issue I'm sure this will go nowhere and probably get deleted/locked as you guys don't seem...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Discord wont show songs that are playing in spotify

PlanFreeCountryHungaryDevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueHi so i have an issue the songs didn't show in Discord status but i checked everything literally everything but nothings worked please help thankyou

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country Hungary Device PC Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi so i have an issue the songs didn't show in Discord status but i checked everyth...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution friends activity

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueAt the first time I login I can see my friends activiy but after I close the app and open it ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue At the ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friends
    Friends Activity
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution downloaded the app but it's just the same as web player

downloaded pc version but it looks like browser version and doesn’t have all functions (edit playlist covers, find friends etc)

2020-05-18_22-00-00.png 2020-05-18_22-00-56.png
  • Casual Listener
  • d ownloaded pc version but it looks like browser version and doesn’t have all functions (edit playlist covers, find friends etc)  
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't change the order of the queue anymore!

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLaptop - using Spotify Desktop versionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSomehow Spotify was updated and I have lost a TON of features, many of which have been mentioned in other threads. One thing that I haven'...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Laptop - using Spotify Desktop version Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Somehow Spotify was updated and I have lost a TON of f...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums under "Appears On" on Artist page are no longer sorted after realese date

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i go into an Artist page and go down to "Appears On" the VA-Albums are no longer sorted after realese date. The Albums seem to be "sorted" in a random order.This make...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i go into an Artist page and go down to "Appears On" the VA-Albums are no longer sorted af...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Double click on playlists ignores sorting

Hi!In the past I used the double click on playlists to start the songs in each playlist. It started from the top like when I use the green play button in each playlist. I have sorted all playlists with the latest added song as first (chronologically)...

• Hi! In the past I used the double click on playlists to start the songs in each playlist. It started from the top like when I use the green play button in each playlist. I have sorted all playlists ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hiding Home, Browse and Radio

PlanPremium It appears intentionally impossible to remove all the adverts from my premium account. I subscribed to Premium to remove advertisements but because I accidentally clicked a pop artist I am now being advertised junk. Is it possible to remo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   It appears intentionally impossible to remove all the adverts from my premium account. I subscribed to Premium to remove advertisements but because I accidentally clicked a pop...
  • AnotherHugh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to use basic features after update

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktop (Version: 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere's been a new UI update on Spotify desktop (Windows 10) and I can no longer:Sort or Filter Playlists or Liked SongsEdit Playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Desktop (Version: 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There's been a new UI update on Spotify desktop (Windo...
  • Mario
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

The Mystical 1%

Does anybody else here think that the "1%" of users that Spotify spokespeople keep referencing is a flat-out lie? This "1%" is continually referenced as to why the devs refuse to consider features. Some features get hundreds of votes - even hundreds ...

• Roadie
  • Does anybody else here think that the "1%" of users that Spotify spokespeople keep referencing is a flat-out lie?     This "1%" is continually referenced as to why the devs refuse to con...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1%
    devs
    features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple Selection

This really **bleep**. I cannot select more than one song. I could do it before the update came. How can I add hundreds of songs one by one? Before the update came, I could select all my songs with ctrl + a, and select the songs in the range i want w...

• Not applicable
  • This really **bleep**. I cannot select more than one song. I could do it before the update came. How can I add hundreds of songs one by one? Before the update came, I could select...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Disliked songs don't sync from desktop to mobile

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone SE 1st Gen / Windows PCOperating SystemiOS 13.4.1 / Windows 10 Home latest version My Question or IssueWhen I dislike a song or artist from my Release Radar or Weekly Mix-Playlist it does not get grayed out on mobile. BUT vic...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium   Device iPhone SE 1st Gen / Windows PC Operating System iOS 13.4.1 / Windows 10 Home latest version   My Question or Issue When I dislike a song or artist fro...
  • zy0xz4-mz7_l9
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Plugging headphones in while using the desktop app skips the current song or crashes it

PlanFreeCountryUKOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor the last couple of weeks every time I have the Spotify desktop app playing a song and I plug in my headphones, one of 3 things happens (ordered them based on the frequency the bugs h...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For the last couple of weeks every time I have the Spotify desktop app playing a song and I plug in my headphones,...
  • Ver
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify plays on my headphones but not on speakers

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey there. I have been looking over this issue that I have to no solution. Here is how my PC is set up: Headphones are connected through the front panel (so is the mic) and the...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey there. I have been looking over this issue that I have to no solution. Here is how ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows client showing The Scotts as recently played?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWin10 build 18362 My Question or IssueWhen I open my desktop client I keep seeing the group The Scotts as recently played and none of my actual recently played are showing. The Android client and Nest clien...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Win10 build 18362   My Question or Issue When I open my desktop client I keep seeing the group The Scotts as recently played and none...
  • iambudthechud
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings for adding local owned CDS

New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings anywhere for adding local owned CDS? One message said start a playlist and then add songs but again there is no option to import local ripped CD MP3? Loaded IPhone App and cannot find any ...

• Not applicable
  • New User to Spotify- Can't Find Local File Option in Settings anywhere for adding local owned CDS?  One message said start a playlist and then add songs but again there is no option to import lo...
  • Antonio_himself
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution 7.1 surround sound bass disortion

PlanFree DeviceDekstop(gaming pc)Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSo I have gaming headphones that have a 7.1 surround sound function that can be toggled.When headphones are set to normal stereo,everything is fine,but when I turn 7.1 on ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free   Device Dekstop(gaming pc) Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue So I have gaming headphones that have a 7.1 surround sound function that can be toggled.Whe...
  • Mario
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution what happened to play counts?

They have disappeared completely from PC and Mac desktop versions. Is there a way to turn the feature back on?

• Visitor
  • They have disappeared completely from PC and Mac desktop versions. Is there a way to turn the feature back on?
  • voltre
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Desktop
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Webplayer does not fit screen

Plan: PremiumCountry: Canada/ UK DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 64-bit My Question or IssueHello, I am having issues with the webplayer not fitting the screen in chrome. It just happened all of a sudden one day. I've already tried to clear ca...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Canada/ UK   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue Hello,  I am having issues with the webplayer not fitting the...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes