Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Search for a Song and show playlist its in.

I have hundreds of playlists as I cant filter by anything meaningful I also cant search for songs within the playlists so I have duplicate tracks in unused playlists can you advise on the following and not give some generic answer, please. 1. Can you...

• Regular
  • I have hundreds of playlists as I cant filter by anything meaningful I also cant search for songs within the playlists so I have duplicate tracks in unused playlists can you advise on the following a...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Issue

My Question or Issue I cant connect my desktop app to anything. Phone app is connecting normally to web player on this same pc but not to the app - i cant even see my desktop on the spotify connect list(basic reinstall doesnt works) PlanPremiumDevice...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   I cant connect my desktop app to anything. Phone app is connecting normally to web player on this same pc but not to the app - i cant even see my desktop on the spotify ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fullscreen Application Sized Wrongly

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceHP PavillionOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueThe window is improperly sized when uin fullscreen. As you can see there are a few pixels at the bottom of the application above the taskbar that aren't filled ...

• Plan Premium Country Ireland Device HP Pavillion Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue The window is improperly sized when uin fullscreen. As you can see there are a few p...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify changes the playing album

PlanPremiumCountryFIDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify changes the album when track choosed to que / playing. Also the artist (may change), album cover etc. Why is that happening ? I would like to see/play the origin...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium Country FI Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify changes the album when track choosed to que / playing. Also the artist (may c...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    Album Cover
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Please add new languages to Spotify for Windows

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I have noticed, that new languages...

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played artists

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevice Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue Recently played artists doesn´t work. When I have the settings on "show recently artists" other users can not see my recently played artists, and when I log out the set...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device  Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  Recently played artists doesn´t work. When I have the settings on "show recentl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Downloaded local files which are not on spotify do not play on other devices

I followed the instructions for making local files (which are NOT available on Spotify) available on mobile devices (article) as provided by Moderator Mario which worked fine. Now the files are downloaded to both desktop and iphone xr. I can play the...

• Music Fan
  • I followed the instructions for making local files (which are NOT available on Spotify) available on mobile devices (article) as provided by Moderator Mario which worked fine.   Now the files ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Friends feed not showing friends

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindowsMy Question or IssueMy "Friends activity" feed on Spotify only shows 1 person. I have my Spotify connected to Facebook and know several people who should be showing up but I only see the 1 frien...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Windows My Question or Issue My "Friends activity" feed on Spotify only shows 1 person. I have my Spotify connected to Facebook and kn...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't scroll on full screen mode

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi,I can't scroll through the song while full screen mode is on. There's no moving point on the progress bar, so I can't go back or forth with the mouse. Shift + left/righ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I can't scroll through the song while full screen mode is on. There's no moving point on t...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify starts muted

PlanPremium CountryNetherlands DeviceDesktop PC Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueEvery time I start my pc, Spotify starts with it's sound muted. I have to manually go to spotify to unmute it which really starts to bother me

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country Netherlands    Device Desktop PC   Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Every time I start my pc, Spotify starts with it's so...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Number of song sin Playlist of songs I liked are not correct

DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 11Spotify version1.1.65.643.g2d707698-aMy Question or IssueI liked 1.355 songs in my playlist, but i my windows applications i can only see 353 songs. What can be the problem and how can I solve this? Online an...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 11 Spotify version 1.1.65.643.g2d707698-a My Question or Issue I liked 1.355 songs in my playlist, but i my windows applications i can only see 353 s...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Your Library] Right-click menu on songname in lower left corner

Right-clicking on the song - name in lower left corner used to open a menu. I used this a lot of add or remove the current playing song from my playlists, as I have been adding songs in bulk via other playlists, but need to weed them out.For example,...

• Casual Listener
  • Right-clicking on the song - name in lower left corner used to open a menu. I used this a lot of add or remove the current playing song from my playlists, as I have been adding songs in bulk via othe...
  • CassiopeiaGames
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files show Wrong Playtime

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy S5 NeoOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever i place a Local File Song into a Playlist, it just shows a way longer Playtime than it should, for example a 4 Minute songs, tells me its 7 Minutes...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Whenever i place a Local File Song into a Playlist, it just ...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bullet Records
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Webplayer does not fit screen

Plan: PremiumCountry: Canada/ UK DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 64-bit My Question or IssueHello, I am having issues with the webplayer not fitting the screen in chrome. It just happened all of a sudden one day. I've already tried to clear ca...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Canada/ UK   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue Hello,  I am having issues with the webplayer not fitting the...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't skip ads on Desktop?

PlanFreeCountryUnited States DeviceDel Inspiron 15000Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCan't skip ads on desktop anymore. I used to be able to do this for free but now it won't let me.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country United States   Device Del Inspiron 15000 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Can't skip ads on desktop anymore. I used to be able t...
  • morgan01
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't play music through Echo Dot (3rd G), even though I've linked my Spotify to my Alexa account

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceDell Inspiron 7586Operating SystemWindows 10 It's complicated. I'm not sure how should I explain this. In order for me to play the music through Echo Dot, I need to enable it through Spotify browser. At the same time a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Dell Inspiron 7586 Operating System Windows 10   It's complicated. I'm not sure how should I explain this. In order for me to play the music through...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Report button greyed out

Latest version, Windows 10 I have a follower who is harassing me and no way of blocking them (thanks spotify). They are now harassing my followers (thanks again, spotify) so id like to report them but, of course, the feature is greyed out. Thoughts? ...

• Music Fan
  • Latest version, Windows 10   I have a follower who is harassing me and no way of blocking them (thanks spotify). They are now harassing my followers (thanks again, spotify) so id like to repor...
  • EyAndi
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Can't right click a song.

PlanPremiumCountryChileDeviceHP PavilionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm really used to right clicking the song that appears on the bar below[See in the image what I mean] to add it to a playlist or anything. Since the last update w...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Chile Device HP Pavilion Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm really used to right clicking the song that appears on the bar below[See in the ima...
  • wm17
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify kann dies zur Zeit nicht abspielen

Hallo Community! Folgendes Setup:Spotify Premium Family (seit Jahren ohne Probleme auf allen anderen Geräten inkl Sonos, Android-Phone etc.),neuerdings Windows 10 Home Laptop mit Audio-Interface Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 und Aktivlautsprechern von Fame....

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo Community!   Folgendes Setup: Spotify Premium Family (seit Jahren ohne Probleme auf allen anderen Geräten inkl Sonos, Android-Phone etc.), neuerdings Windows 10 Home Laptop mit Audio-I...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] make volume persistent across app open/close cycles

Every time I restart my PC, the volume level of Spotify resets to 100%. This is disruptive; volume should stay where it was. it seems to remain persistent when the app is closed & reopened, but not when the PC is rebooted.

• Every time I restart my PC, the volume level of Spotify resets to 100%.  This is disruptive; volume should stay where it was.  it seems to remain persistent when the app is closed & reo...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes