Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify app can't connect to android

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceDell G3 3579Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, my Spotify app that I downloaded from the Spotify's official web page can't connect to my Android phone. This problem actually started last year but I tho...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Dell G3 3579 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, my Spotify app that I downloaded from the Spotify's official web page can't co...
  • Reyss
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

If I link my songs through the "local files" feature, does that mean I can now delete those files?

PlanPremium/CountryUSADeviceComputer and AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 and Android 10 My Question or IssueHi, I recently found around 15gb of old music on my computer, so I used the "local files" feature to import the songs. Can someone explain h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium/ Country USA Device Computer and Android Operating System Windows 10 and Android 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I recently found around 15gb of old music on my computer, so...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot sort songs in a playlist or my "liked songs".

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot sort my songs alphabetically or search for songs in the playlist. Maybe I just don't know how to use the new destop app. Can somebody help me? It's really anno...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot sort my songs alphabetically or search for songs in the playlist. Maybe I j...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot find an album from app/web, only via Google

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceLenovo Thinkpad T470s, LG G7 ThinQOperating SystemWindows 10 with Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit), Android 9 My Question or IssueI am unable to find an album using the aplication for Windows, web or Android. The album is:Play Th...

2020-05-20 18_28_11-play the blues spotify - Google Search.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Lenovo Thinkpad T470s, LG G7 ThinQ Operating System Windows 10 with Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit), Android 9   My Question or Issue I am unable to find an ...
  • mussum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app wont connect on ethernet. Error code: auth:15

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen using ethernet, Spotify goes offline showing error code 4. When restarted it no longer allows me to log in and shows Error code: auth:15 . It also says a firewall may be ...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When using ethernet, Spotify goes offline showing error code 4. When restarted it no longer...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing local files option with premium subscription?

I have premium Spotify subscription, but I'm unable to find the "Show Local Files" option under the Settings menu. It's fine yesterday, but now the option is missing along with some option on the left hand bar. Was there any update I'm not aware of?

• I have premium Spotify subscription, but I'm unable to find the "Show Local Files" option under the Settings menu. It's fine yesterday, but now the option is missing along with some option on the lef...
  • Antonio_himself
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] One of my accounts has the Web layout and the other the usual desktop layout

PlanPremiumCountryukOperating SystemWindows 10 My IssueI made a new account today and it seems to be opted in to experimental or test features, as it has the web layout rather than the usual desktop layout. Is there anyway I can get the usual desktop...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country uk Operating System Windows 10   My Issue I made a new account today and it seems to be opted in to experimental or test features, as it has the web layout rather th...
  • ChiveTheLizard
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Can no longer use ctrl + a to select all songs of a playlist/liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryUKOperating SystemWindows 10 My IssueAs of today there has been an update that has removed the ability to select multiple songs at once.I've tried ctrl + a, left-mouse clicking a song and shift clicking to select a region, and ctrl ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Operating System Windows 10   My Issue As of today there has been an update that has removed the ability to select multiple songs at once. I've tried ctrl + a, l...
  • Kiril
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Desktop looks like web client??

Premium Windows 10 Canada Since a few weks ago, my desktop spotify looks like the web client. I wouldnt mind this because it is visually appealing, but i cannot upload local files, change playlist covers and edit playlists like i normally would. Is t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium   Windows 10   Canada   Since a few weks ago, my desktop spotify looks like the web client. I wouldnt mind this because it is visually appealing, but i cannot u...
  • TheVeryBestOf
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

hide cover of song on spotify pc

hi to everyone somehow all know that some spotify songs covers are totally inappropriateand it good to unseen thatin pc version spotify, once luckly i press two button and cover of song get hidden but unfortunetly,today the cover of the songs showed ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi to everyone   somehow all know that some spotify songs covers are totally   inappropriate and it good to unseen that in pc version spotify, once luckly i press two button and c...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

i can't change my playlists

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceAsus x550vxOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueMy Desktop Version got updated all of a sudden and now i got a completely different look. I don't have the friend activity bar on the right side, i can't change my...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Asus x550vx Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue My Desktop Version got updated all of a sudden and now i got a completely different look. I do...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify wont use speaker or headphones even when told to.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify will only use my laptops speakers and not my earbuds or speaker even when I set it spifically to use my earbuds or speaker. I have gone and disabled my laptop speaker...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify will only use my laptops speakers and not my earbuds or speaker even when I set it spifica...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow response and more issues

PlanPremiumCountryTHDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueFrom today's silent update, my Desktop app has ran into various issues, however, the original desktop UI still remains. Album order: The album is not sorted correctly, even...

Screenshot_19.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country TH Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue From today's silent update, my Desktop app has ran into various issues, however, the original desktop U...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

No filter options on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUKWindows 10 desktop My Question or IssueWent onto spotify app on desktop yesterday and have noticed couple issues. Firstly a playlist i share with my friends was showing around 3 hours shorter than it actually is even though I have...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Windows 10 desktop   My Question or Issue Went onto spotify app on desktop yesterday and have noticed couple issues. Firstly a playlist i share with my friends was...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs unplayable on desktop and web but ok on android app.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceWindows PC and Android PhoneOperating SystemWindows 10 and Android 10 My Question or IssueI have recently created a playlist of songs which I was able to play on my Android phone and web player but when trying to...

Screenshot (17).png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Windows PC and Android Phone Operating System Windows 10 and Android 10   My Question or Issue I have recently created a playlist of songs wh...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play a specific song every X minute

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceAndroid Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs there a way to set a specific song to be played at every X minute? When working from home it would have been great to have a "get up and move"-reminder. I underst...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Android  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is there a way to set a specific song to be played at every X minute? When working f...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs are sorted alphabetically when sorting by artist

PlanFreeOperating System(Android Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have it sorted alphabetically by artists but it's now sorting the songs alphabetically too. This also happens on mobile.

• Not applicable
  • Plan Free Operating System (Android Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have it sorted alphabetically by artists but it's now sorting the songs alphabetically too. This also ha...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot add songs to a Collab playlist

PlanFreeCountryCA, USADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Can't seem to add songs to a collaborative playlist that my friend made. In fact, I don't even see an option to make a collaborative playlist of my own anymore. Whenever I try to add a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country CA, USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   Can't seem to add songs to a collaborative playlist that my friend made. In fact, I don't even see an option to...
  • MrDeestor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • collaborative
    Issues
    Playlist
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App - Skipping All Songs

PlanPremiumCountryScotlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 - App My Question or IssueHi There, I am having an issue with the Spotify App on Windows 10.I have a "Roland Rubix44 USB Audio Interface" plugged into my computer, into which I have plugged...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Scotland Device PC Operating System Windows 10 - App   My Question or Issue Hi There,   I am having an issue with the Spotify App on Windows 10. I have a "...
  • swanky-n-spanky
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App
    Audio Device
    Skipping songs
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How to "Find" Liked Songs on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey all, on mobile there's an option called "Find in Liked Songs" when in your liked songs list. The way it works is for example if I type the words "killer...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey all, on mobile there's an option called "Find in Liked Songs" when in your l...
  • johna0531
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes