Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Windows App crashing after 1-2 minutes

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I try to use the Desktop app, it crashes before it makes it to the end of the first song in the playlist. Possible fixes that I've already tried (and have failed):I have...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   When I try to use the Desktop app, it crashes before it makes it to the end of the first so...
  • CarlosE
  • 38 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Opening minimized?

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop pcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi! I have my Spotify client set to open minimized, but it's not doing that. It does open after Windows starts, but it's opening in a floating window rather ...

Spotify_lduQtmmGHt.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi!  I have my Spotify client set to open minimized, but it's not do...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution couldn't find that page after recent update

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceDellOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueAfter the recent update in my desktop and web player homepage it's showing couldn't find that page but the other things are working perfectly fine and my phone app too

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India Device Dell Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue After the recent update in my desktop and web player homepage it's showing couldn't find th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Black Screen bug on fresh new Windows 10 21H1

DeviceSelf Assembled Desktop PCOperating SystemNewly installed Windows 10 21H1 My Question or IssueI just newly installed a windows 10 professional from Windows media creator. After the installation, I opened the Microsoft Store and download the UWP ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Device Self Assembled Desktop PC Operating System Newly installed Windows 10 21H1   My Question or Issue I just newly installed a windows 10 professional from Windows media creator...
  • heikotam
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Can't Play This Right Now, If You Have The File On Your Computer You Can Import It

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Custom Built Desktop: Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070, 32 gb 3600mhz ram, 1 tb samsung 980 pro ssd)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueSpotify Can't Play This Right Now, If You Have The File On Your Computer You Ca...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Custom Built Desktop: Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070, 32 gb 3600mhz ram, 1 tb samsung 980 pro ssd) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app randomly switches playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceHappens on PC, Alexa echo, LG Stylo4+Operating SystemWindows 10, Android. My Question or IssueIssue: Spotify will randomly swap to playlist > By JustinL and volume will drop to 0%I haven't been able to find an exact trigge...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Happens on PC, Alexa echo, LG Stylo4+ Operating System Windows 10, Android.   My Question or Issue Issue: Spotify will randomly swap to playlist...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly suddenly missing

PlanFree/PremiumCountryThe NetherlanndsDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis morning I was excited to go through my new discover weekly, only to realise it cannot be found anywhere. What happened?Discover weekly has been th...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country The Netherlannds Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This morning I was excited to go through my new discover weekly, only to re...
  • MateusM
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Add the function to sort by "recently added" in the drop down filter.

Everybody sees the drop down filter but finding the function to sort your playlist by recently added is not intuitive at all and should be at the same place as the other options.

• Visitor
  • Everybody sees the drop down filter but finding the function to sort your playlist by recently added is not intuitive at all and should be at the same place as the other options.
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist created from local files saved with Spotify native files [edited]

Hi there, On my computer I have a playlist of mp3 files created for a party years ago. I would like to import and search automatically for the titles, and create a playlist containing Spotify files only. Is this possible? Does anybody know a workarou...

• Regular
  • Hi there,  On my computer I have a playlist of mp3 files created for a party years ago. I would like to import and search automatically for the titles, and create a playlist containing Spotif...
  • allebg
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No sound from Desktop app

Been listening fine since installing Spotify Desktop on new PC a week ago.Tried a Skype test call this morning. Since that moment, getting no audio from Spotify Desktop app. Looks like song is playing (song progress timer updates every second). Volum...

• Been listening fine since installing Spotify Desktop on new PC a week ago. Tried a Skype test call this morning. Since that moment, getting no audio from Spotify Desktop app. Looks like song is play...
  • Reinhardtscheun
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify web keep skipping songs and play only first 10 seconds then stops

I'm having an annoying issue with Spotyfy web, as title, Spotify web keeps skipping first five songs when press play. Furthermore, it plays only first 10 seconds of a song and then stops. It's really annoying. I'm using is at work and I'm not allowed...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having an annoying issue with Spotyfy web,   as title, Spotify web keeps skipping first five songs when press play. Furthermore, it plays only first 10 seconds of a song and then stops. &...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some local files can't be played anymore

PlanPremiumCountryJapanDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSome local files that were perfectly playable yesterday can't be played anymore on the desktop app. They're greyed out in my "liked songs" and the message I get is ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Japan Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some local files that were perfectly playable yesterday can't be played anymore on the d...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot play podcast, Ads continuously play

I cannot play any podcast, whenever I click on a podcast episode, an ad begins to play and afterwards it is just ad after ad and never plays the podcast episode. I left it running and it was just nonstop ads for 15 minutes... restarted my browser and...

• Visitor
  • I cannot play any podcast, whenever I click on a podcast episode, an ad begins to play and afterwards it is just ad after ad and never plays the podcast episode. I left it running and it was just non...
  • internetrando
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 8 likes

Download the details of a playlist

How do you download the songs, artists, dates, etc. of an entire playlist as a csv file? Not the music itself, just the meta data.

• How do you download the songs, artists, dates, etc. of an entire playlist as a csv file? Not the music itself, just the meta data.
  • Moniikka19
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Noise Levels Jumps to 100% When I Open the App

PlanStudentCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueLately, I have come across a really weird issue. When I wear headphones I keep the volume at 60% however, just the other day when I opened spotify it raised the volume to 100...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Student Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Lately, I have come across a really weird issue. When I wear headphones I keep the volume at 60% h...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify going through Downloads, causing lag.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop pcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi! I tried googling around but I couldn't find an answer, so here goes! When I boot my pc, everything starts to lag up once I get into windows. This takes a...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi! I tried googling around but I couldn't find an answer, so here goes! ...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify lyrics cropped

PlanFreeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue:In the new Spotify update, I've noticed that most of the lyrics in song are cropped and are not fully showing. There is also a grey bar below for the ads but no ads ever show up and it ends up h...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: In the new Spotify update, I've noticed that most of the lyrics in song are cropped and are not fully showing. There is a...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution error code auth:15

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello,about 2 weeks ago Spotify didn't work anymore as I tried to open it. There is only this button where it says something went wrong and you should try to refresh but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, about 2 weeks ago Spotify didn't work anymore as I tried to open it. There is only thi...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop AND Web Player do not work on any browser

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicei've a gaming computer so hardware is not the problem.Operating SystemWindows 8.1My Question or IssueHello.I've got the following problem for like one year now. (Sorry for my bad english).Whenever i want to listen to Spo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Device i've a gaming computer so hardware is not the problem. Operating System Windows 8.1 My Question or Issue Hello. I've got the following problem for like on...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • brave
    chrome
    Desktop
    ip adress
    Mozilla
    Nonsense
    opera
    VPN
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I make of suggest an edit to a song credit?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes