Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

app does not work: play button and forward and back are grey

Hi,After starting the app I am not able to play music. Buttons below are greyed out. Any idea how to solve this?

Roy1982_0-1598346682591.png
  • Visitor
  • Hi, After starting the app I am not able to play music. Buttons below are greyed out.   Any idea how to solve this?    
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify suddenly closed

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceNotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 ver. 2004 build 19041.450 x64 My Question or IssueHi.. need help.. My spotify desktop app suddenly close when I type a letter in search box. I've try all solutions from this forum (u...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Notebook Operating System Windows 10 ver. 2004 build 19041.450 x64   My Question or Issue Hi..   need help.. My spotify desktop app suddenl...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Annoying black screen issue with Spotify desktop app

Lately it's been taking an excessively long time for the desktop app to load on my laptop and it stays on a black screen, during which I can't access stuff like my playlist or queue or change the volume. It usually stays on a black screen for 5 to 10...

• Visitor
  • Lately it's been taking an excessively long time for the desktop app to load on my laptop and it stays on a black screen, during which I can't access stuff like my playlist or queue or change the vol...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked song playlist plays "upwards" when sorted by add date descending

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows Desktop version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI want to play songs in my "liked song" playlist by the order in which they were added (oldest to most recently added). When the pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows Desktop version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I want to play songs in my "liked song" playlist by the ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • backward
    Liked Songs Playlist
    Reverse Order
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Username

Hi anybody knows why my username on PC shows totaly different than mobile? on Pc its like 25+random letters and numbers

• Visitor
  •   Hi anybody knows why my username on PC shows totaly different than mobile? on Pc its like 25+random letters and numbers
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing data on C drive, when spotify downloads are on another drive.

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceHP Omen 2018Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, when going thorugh my files I noticed that even though I selected a certain folder for my Spotify downloads elsewhere from the Windows drive, there are li...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device HP Omen 2018 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, when going thorugh my files I noticed that even though I selected a certain fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • storage issues
    storage space
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked Songs Display List Issue When Sorting by Title, Artist, Album

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktopOperating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen you Are in your likes songs with 1000+ songs and try to sort by artist, title, or album using the arrows next to the column headers the display list is limited to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When you Are in your likes songs with 1000+ songs and try to sort by artist, title, or album...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not liked tracks inst playing or showing

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIf i am trying to play a song from playlist that i doesn't added to my library its not playing, or if i am trying to play charts, there is only liked tracks. Also my frien...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Russia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue If i am trying to play a song from playlist that i doesn't added to my library its not ...
  • qapelsin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity not updating, cannot listen to others

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueA friend of mine is attempting to use the pogify.net app with the rest of my friend group and we've been troubleshooting this issue into the ground. We've already attempted r...

• Plan Free Country US Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue A friend of mine is attempting to use the pogify.net app with the rest of my friend group and we...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

View all downloaded songs/albums

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs there a way for me to see a list of all the songs I've downloaded? I'm running out of disk space, and I want to remove all my Spotify downloads, but I can't figure ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is there a way for me to see a list of all the songs I've downloaded? I'm running out ...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution CPU usage

Hi, Experiencing high usage of the CPU (much more than ordinary). Normal values ranging between 1-4%. My plan is premium, platform windows-10. This occured sometime late last week.

AndreasH1_1-1594034991755.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,  Experiencing high usage of the CPU (much more than ordinary). Normal values ranging between 1-4%.  My plan is premium, platform windows-10.  This occured sometime late last wee...
  • CompleteyourP
  • Regular
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Don't work play music on PC windows 10

PlanPremium CountryRussia | Moscow Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to run any playlist or track, nothing works. Can be clearly seen in the video.Android and web versions seem to work fine(yes, I restarted the device and rein...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Russia | Moscow   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I try to run any playlist or track, nothing works. Can be clearly seen in the...
  • Mirrorka
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't reinstall? Windows 10

My spotify app wasn't working and kept saying I didn't have the files necessary to start it up. Naturally, I uninstalled so I could reinstall it. However, despite not having either the app or the app installer, now it's saying "A Windows Store instal...

• Visitor
  • My spotify app wasn't working and kept saying I didn't have the files necessary to start it up. Naturally, I uninstalled so I could reinstall it. However, despite not having either the app or the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify leaks memory and crashes whilst processing Local Files

I am attempting to transfer my Local Files library from a MacBook Air to a Lenovo Legion Y540 running Windows 10. However, regardless of the path specified, be it the default "Music Library" or the "Local Files" folder I created, the application hang...

• Music Fan
  • I am attempting to transfer my Local Files library from a MacBook Air to a Lenovo Legion Y540 running Windows 10. However, regardless of the path specified, be it the default "Music Library" or the "...
  • Rick666
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[DesktopW10] Spotify crashing when playing a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWin 10 Pro My Question or IssueWhat happens:Spotify closes down when opening playlists or playing songs. This occurs through all means of starting a playlist (e.g through discover via pl...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Desktop PC Operating System Win 10 Pro   My Question or Issue What happens: Spotify closes down when opening playlists or playing songs. Thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When using Web Player of Spotify, some songs in an album do not play any audio as such.

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueWhen using Web Player of Spotify, some songs in an album do not play any audio as such, but the same songs play in my mobile device, please help me out here.It's also observe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country UK Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue When using Web Player of Spotify, some songs in an album do not play any audio as such, but the sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loggin in

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceMSI laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey guys. I can't log in into my Spotify app on laptop. On the phone it works just fine, the mail and password are correct. I tried to reinstall it - the issue is ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device MSI laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey guys. I can't log in into my Spotify app on laptop. On the phone it works just fine...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify does not play Music on PC (win 10)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePC , win 10Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue If i want to play a song , it just keeps Skipping trough all Songs of the Artist - without playing it . Just keeps skipping till th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC , win 10 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   If i want to play a song , it just ...
  • Xenia
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Ctrl-F Filter does not jump the scroll bar to the top

PremiumUnited StatesWindows 10 If you're scrolled down in a playlist and you press control-F to bring up the filter panel, when you start typing into the filter the playlist maintains your scroll position rather than jumping to the top. This generall...

• Regular
  • Premium United States Windows 10   If you're scrolled down in a playlist and you press control-F to bring up the filter panel, when you start typing into the filter the playlist maintains yo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking the album cover to jump to a song is broken on various conditions

PremiumUnited StatesWindows 10 I've always noticed that clicking the album cover to jump to the currently working song generally doesn't work. In some updates years ago it did work, but then it broke again in future updates. I did a little bit of tes...

• Regular
  • Premium United States Windows 10   I've always noticed that clicking the album cover to jump to the currently working song generally doesn't work. In some updates years ago it did work, but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod