Premium (Family Plan)
Asus PC (custom build)
Windows 10 Pro
My Question or Issue
Spotify refuses to play anything, greeting me with the obnoxious "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" on every single song I click, whether downloaded, local, or streaming content – nothing plays.
This problem has been persistent for a few weeks now.
I’ve tried all solutions suggested in all forums, but nothing so far. Things I’ve tried:
- Clean install, reinstall (via windows apps, also via iobit uninstaller, and in safe mode, with full registry purge)
- Deleting local files, rebooting
- Deleting localfiles.bnk
- Reinstalling from the windows store instead of the standalone windows installer
- Disable/enable hardware acceleration
- Toggle off/on Crossfade songs
- Turning firewall/antivirus off/on (webroot)
- Editing “hosts” file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (can’t change anything there since it already looks the way it should)
I’m on the premium family subscription. I’ve been using the web player in the meantime, but this is absurd.