Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For the last 3 months at least, I have had an on and off issue where Spotify will randomly freeze. Upon freezing, the progress bar stops, buttons, playlists, etc. no longer highlight, and I cannot click anything. If music is playing, I cannot pause it and it will continue to play for a short while even after I close the application. After closing out, I cannot re-open Spotify and I am given a windows error saying that the application is not responding. In order to open Spotify again, I am forced to either restart my entire computer or delete and reinstall the Spotify app. Neither solution is permanent, as the issue persists later on and this happens to me multiple times a day. Can someone help me find a permanent solution rather than painstakingly completely shutting off my computer and restarting it or going through the process to delete the application and then sit and wait for it to reinstall?

1 Reply

Hey @Trumoo,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you also give a clean reinstall a go? Here is how to do one. Also make sure to use the version from the Microsoft Store.

Does the issue occur, if you run the app as an administrator?

Have you observed something else happening on the PC as the app freezes, display turning off, PC hibernating etc.?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts