Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Huawei Matebook 14 2020 Ryzen 5 4600H

Operating System

Windows 11 Home

My Question or Issue

I can't use my Spotify app, both website, and Microsoft Version after I logged in to my laptop yesterday. I already uninstalled and installed it so many times and it still doesn't work properly as it used to. Below here I attached a video of it. Hope someone can help me solve this issue.

11 Replies

Hey @wnadiaaa,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You mentioned you've reinstalled the app multiple times already, but could you give it a one more try, this time with the steps from this page, if you haven't? Did it work?

The clean reinstall solved most of the issues, but if it didn't help, we can surely give you more steps to try.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I tried the clean reinstall steps but it didn't work for me. The Spotify app is still not functional, the moment I logged in to my account, it disappears after a few seconds. I even tried uninstalling any windows update that can be the fault, but still the same.

Latest release of Spotify is unusable on Windows for me as well. I've tried the clean re-install route. However, problem is not resolved.

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

There is thread, where we have posted further troubleshooting steps to try on Windows 11. Here it is. One more thing to add to the steps from the other thread is to try running Spotify in compatibility mode for Windows 10. How to do that is described here. The steps for Windows 10 described on the linked page should not differ much for Windows 11. You can also try running Spotify as an administrator.

Post your results in the other thread and let us know what the troubleshooting from the other thread plus the steps from this post did for you. This way we can get back to you faster and keep the relevant information in one place.

Cheers!

DianModerator

These steps don't work for me as I am currently using Windows 11 Home and
Media Feature Pack seems to be only available on the Windows N version as stated
in the thread. I run the app in compatibility mode and also as an
administrator but the Spotify app on my desktop just shut down immediately
without any error pop-ups.

1.1.86.857 works fine on Windows 11 desktop, 1.1.87.612 does not.

The troubleshooting steps you linked to seem to be very old and perhaps not relevant any longer.

Perhaps it would be better to have a dev look at what changed between the two versions and dig into how combase.dll is tied into those changes?

Faulting application name: Spotify.exe, version: 1.1.87.612, time stamp: 0x629a1dbe
Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1, time stamp: 0xa4cc5fd7
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x001507c1
Faulting process ID: 0x0x5DF0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D87F24DF8DCDC8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.187.612.0_x86__zpdnekdrzrea0\Spotify.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll
Report ID: dc8bfe38-27be-4172-9c1e-0e3ab3cb2dcd
Faulting package full name: SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.187.612.0_x86__zpdnekdrzrea0
Faulting package-relative application ID: Spotify

Heyho! 

I also have problems with the actual Spotify version on my Win11 build. 

What I found out is, that my Spotify window is not "totally random" closing but mostly when it is minimized and when I am playing inside another full-screen application like League of Legends. When I use spotify to just listen to music while I am working or use normal desktop-apps, it works just fine. Even minimized.

What I am actually testing is a Win11 application-setting that is called "Background Activity Management". Spotify was put into a recommended power saving mode after installation. Maybe this is causing the crashes when Spotify is put into background (minimized or open on second monitor while using a full-screen app). 

I will post an update if it fixes my problems or if they persist. 

Hi, thanks for replying! 

I searched that version and downloaded it, it was working fine but the display was not. There's this white border on top of the app when I expanded it to full-screen size. 

Do you have a link to download that 1.1.86.857 version that will be working fine? I tried to download it on different websites as well but for some reason, they all updated to the latest version when I installed it.

Hello, I tried this but unfortunately, the problem still persists for me.

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We've received some contacts about this and this is now Under investigation. We'd recommend adding your +Vote and Subscribe to this thread to be aware of any updates.

Also, the floating answer asks for some info to keep investigating the case. It would be great if you could include that information as well. 

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation in reporting this case.

If anything else comes up, the Community is just a post away. 

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After testing for 48 hours I can say, that switching Background Activity Management for the Spotify App does not solve anything. The application window still closes if I skip some songs or put it in the background and many other occasions. I can't tell if there are any connections between these circumstances.

Suggested posts