Announcements

Web player doesn't work at the start of listening session.

Web player doesn't work at the start of listening session.

Almost every day when I get to work, I go to listen on Spotify in the web player on Firefox and it doesn't work at first. I cannot get the desktop app on my work computer, so I must use the web player. I do the same song and dance nearly every day to make it work.
1. Hold down Ctrl+F5 for 15 seconds or so to force refresh the page a bunch of time in a row. Sometimes it works after this
2. Close the tab and reopen it. It rarely work after this, but I gotta at least try
3. Open the Spotify app on my phone, play a song for a second or two, pause it, then on my phone attempt to change control out to the browser session and press play. This works about 75% of the time.
4. It seems I have run out of room but sometimes it just doesn't work.
1 Reply

Alex

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

If you're using a company computer/ network, there might be certain restrictions imposed by the system administrator. If there are any networking ports blocked, or you're using a company VPN/ Firewall, Spotify might not work as expected. In this case it's best to turn to your system administrator about this.

What you can try is using another browser like Google Chrome if possible or trying to clear the cache&cookies of Firefox, as that might also be causing the issues.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts

Env: prod