I can't play songs on the desktop app. I press play and nothing happens. After a while I get the "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." error. I know this has been posted multiple times already but I have tried absolutely every proposed solution:
- Restarting PC
- Reinstalling Spotify
- Clean reinstalling Spotify i.e. deleting all temporary files
- Installing from the Microsoft Store
- Disabling Windows and other antivirus firewalls
- Disabling hardware acceleration
- Changing output sound device sample rate
- Switching from phone playback to PC playback from my phone
None of these worked. Spotify streams correctly on my phone. The web player also works correctly on my PC, so the issue is not my connection.
It looks more like a connectivity issue, as the songs in my cache play instantly. But my connection is very fast, and the web player works perfectly. And I have tried all the connectivity related solutions mentioned above, e.g. disabling the firewall.