Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now. if you have the file on your computer you can import it" Error

"Spotify can't play this right now. if you have the file on your computer you can import it" Error

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 (1903) with latest patches

My Question or Issue

I recently received my Burson Audio Playmate DAC/Headamp. And i've encountered a very strange issue with Spotify.

After i reboot, and start Spotify, and try to play any song, Spotify gives me the following error message: 

"Spotify can't play this right now. if you have the file on your computer you can import it".

Now, this problem only exists in Spotify. I can play video/music through VLC, Youtube, or .FLAC files with Groove music etc. perfectly fine after a reboot, and Windows sounds come through fine, but Spotify refuses to play anything.

However, if i change my sound device in Windows from my Burson to some built-in sound-card on my motherboard, and click a song, Spotify will start playing. If i then change my device back to my Burson, Spotify continues to plays fine, and everything is good. However, if i kill/close Spotify and restart it, it will not play any songs again, until i've changed sound device, started playing a song, and then change back the sound device.

Has anyone experienced something like this behaviour, and know how to fix it ?

Spotify version is: 1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3

2 Replies

Spotify version is: 1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3

After doing a fair bit of testing, i think i have pinpointed this to being a problem with Spotify.

In Windows, under advanced settings for my device, if my "Default Format" is either of the following, then Spotify refuses to play any songs, until i change it to a different device (that does not support this high settings, or until i change it to a lower setting)

24bit / 384000Hz

24bit / 352800Hz

32bit / 384000Hz

32bit / 352800Hz

If i set it to 32bit / 192000Hz then Spotify works fine.

Suggested posts