Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can we get an equalizer for the desktop app?

PlanPremiumCountryPhobosDevice32 mb ram, 1 petabyte tape drive, Voodoo 3dfx, Gameboy Advanced TV tuner, etcOperating SystemWindows 10 Turbo My Question or IssueCan we get an equalizer for the desktop app? Can we sort by bitrate? Can we get Redbook au...

• Plan Premium Country Phobos Device 32 mb ram, 1 petabyte tape drive, Voodoo 3dfx, Gameboy Advanced TV tuner, etc Operating System Windows 10 Turbo   My Question or Issue Can we get an ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify web: Label year search doesnt work

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands Devicepc windows 10Operating Systemwindows 10 Spotify web , label search does not work.label: etc etc etc On the app for windows it works but i dont get enough search results

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device pc windows 10 Operating System windows 10   Spotify web , label search does not work. label: etc etc etc   On the app for...
  • sharazad
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Start Minimized and Clicking Desktop Overlay

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a couple questions/issues about the Spotify desktop app. First, I have "Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer" set to "Minimized", but it ...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a couple questions/issues about the Spotify desktop app. First, I have "Open Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 18 & EarTrumpet

It took me a while to understand why I was getting the "error 18" every time Spotify gets an update, so at the end I found the problem was with an app "EarTrumpet" (it's a windows volume control app). The solution is just to close EarTrumpet when Spo...

• It took me a while to understand why I was getting the "error 18" every time Spotify gets an update, so at the end I found the problem was with an app "EarTrumpet" (it's a windows volume control app)...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple Errors

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHome - !Please try again laterBrowse - There was a problem displaying this page! This page either does not exist or an error occurredMade For You - !Please try again later.Podca...

• Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Home - !Please try again later Browse - There was a problem displaying this page! This page eit...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Search function

What is wrong with the search function? I search for my favorite artists and nothing comes up.

• Roadie
  • What is wrong with the search function?  I search for my favorite artists and nothing comes up.  
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify is often doing nothing after typing in a band's name ... please help

hi, I really have a problem that costs a lot of nerves .... my spotify doesn't work anymore (most of the time)when I want to search music - I can type in the band but nothing more happens. and that seriousely is very frustrating.maybe somebody please...

• hi,   I really have a problem that costs a lot of nerves .... my spotify doesn't work anymore (most of the time) when I want to search music - I can type in the band but nothing more happen...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it,:

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOkay, so I was trying to play music on Spotify, so I would pick a song out of my playlist, but then it would go crazy, it would start picking random songs, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Okay, so I was trying to play music on Spotify, so I would pick a song out of my...
  • ManelPinto
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Singing only plays from other ear usually left and rest of the band from right

It mainly happens with older stereo records. Same thing with phone. It doesn't happen on any other program only premium spotify.Why is there no option to change it to mono?

• It mainly happens with older stereo records. Same thing with phone.  It doesn't happen on any other program only premium spotify. Why is there no option to change it to mono?
  • ManelPinto
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide recommended playlists so never appear again

Hi using windows desktop app. How can I hide recommended playlists so they never appear again. Just the sight of them offends me!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi using windows desktop app.   How can I hide recommended playlists so they never appear again. Just the sight of them offends me!
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Spotify can't play this right now " after soundcard got switched to another PCI-E Slot

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, i have switched my soundcard (Creative X-fi) to another PCI-E slot.Since then spotify shows the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, i have switched my soundcard (Creative X-fi) to another PCI-E slot. Since then spotify sh...
  • NaibElSayel
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Type to search within playlists gone?

I used to be able to just start typing when viewing my playlist on the Desktop app, and it would go to that song. Has this feature been removed? It's very annoying to have to scroll down to find specific songs, when I used to be able to just start ty...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to just start typing when viewing my playlist on the Desktop app, and it would go to that song. Has this feature been removed? It's very annoying to have to scroll down to find spec...
  • MrStereovideo12
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows App won't play without messing with soundcard quality

Background - Windows 10 1903, External USB DAC/Soundcard, Spotify Premium, app set to default to max quality. The Spotify desktop app has recently started throwing "spotify can't play this right now" errors at me. I've tried all of the usual suggesti...

• Regular
  • Background - Windows 10 1903, External USB DAC/Soundcard, Spotify Premium, app set to default to max quality.   The Spotify desktop app has recently started throwing "spotify can't play t...
  • neil_g
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Random play several artists

Hi using Windows desktop app.How can I play random music from more than one of my favourite saved Artists? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi using Windows desktop app. How can I play random music from more than one of my favourite saved Artists?    Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 client not synchronizing

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceWindows 10 Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop client doesn't sync when I add songs to my library on my phone. For example, I'm listening to Discover Weekly and save 2 songs, these songs d...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Windows 10 Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop client doesn't sync when I add songs to my library on my phone. F...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify App: Start-up error

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello! For the past few months, I've been using the Spotify app on my new computer, which is the one I'm using right now. I came to open the app last night and an error appea...

•     Plan Free Country United Kingdom Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello! For the past few months, I've been using the Spotify app on my new computer, wh...
  • NaibElSayel
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify web and desktop do not work when using bluetooth

I have a windows 10 laptop with default, realtek audio drivers, playing music through my speakers works fine. But why the **bleep** would you want to listen to music on laptop speakers? the INSTANT i switch over to my bluetooth headphones I get "oops...

• Casual Listener
  •  I have a windows 10 laptop with default, realtek audio drivers, playing music through my speakers works fine. But why the **bleep** would you want to listen to music on laptop speakers? the INS...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Music starts playing automatically 26 seconds after having paused

PlanPremium (Family plan) CountrySweden Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763, Build 17763 Spotify Version1.1.5.153.gf614956d IssueScenario: I am listening to music then I press pause. Without touching the mouse or the computer the music...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium (Family plan)   Country Sweden   Operating System Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763, Build 17763   Spotify Version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d   Issue Scenario:...
  • Gripenstedt
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't play any music and my playlists have no music in them

I've been using Spotify for years now and for a while I've had this problem where I could only play music in my playlists. In order to play other music I'd have to reinstall the app, then I could play new music and add new music to my playlists. I ju...

• I've been using Spotify for years now and for a while I've had this problem where I could only play music in my playlists. In order to play other music I'd have to reinstall the app, then I could pla...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent update - Library

PlanPremium My Question or Issue Alot of people on the Community seemed to have raised this, but I was surprised to see that all the albums and artists I have saved songs from had suddenly disappeeared under the last update. I have actually just swit...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue   Alot of people on the Community seemed to have raised this, but I was surprised to see that all the albums and artists I have saved songs from had...
  • LexBud
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes