Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is this still not fixed? Spotify keeps auto-starting up with Windows

Why is this still not fixed? Spotify keeps auto-starting up with Windows

Every time Spotify desktop client updates, the "Auto-start with Windows" gets toggled back on. This has been a problem with Spotify for years and is still not fixed. Why isn't it fixed? I keep disabling Spotify from startup with Windows, and it keeps randomly turning back on. I am sick of this.

3 Replies

Hi @Madferret, thanks for posting!

Make sure that you have first tured off the 'Open Spotify automatically after you log into your computer' setting to 'No' in the Startup and Window Behavior tab of your Spotify preferences. You can do this by clicking on the 3 dots in the top left, navigating to Edit > Preferences and scrolling down.

After you have done this, I would also suggest checking the 'Start-up' tab in your Task Manager. If Spotify is set to 'Enabled', clicking 'Disable' should hopefully fix your issue the next time an update rolls around.

Let me know how it goes!

I've done this several times but it periodically turns back on after the Spotify client updates.

Perhaps a clean reinstall will fix your problem. You can find how to do this here. This  is different to a regular reinstall and will hopefully rectify this issue. Sorry for the long wait, let me know if this doesn't work.

Suggested posts