Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Volume changes up and down during all solng

Every time I listen to songs, the volume goes up and down and up and down again.. Anyone know why - and more important, how to fix it? Thanx..Anne

• Every time I listen to songs, the volume goes up and down and up and down again.. Anyone know why - and more important, how to fix it?   Thanx.. Anne
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 100 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 100 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Have premium membership, how do I download music?

Hello everyone, New to Spotify and just paid for my premium membership. Could someone tell me how I can download music to my PC? Thanks!

• Hello everyone,   New to Spotify and just paid for my premium membership. Could someone tell me how I can download music to my PC?   Thanks!
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 129 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 129 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Windows 10 app not functioning, web works fine

PlanFreeCountry Devicelenovo thinkpad t440Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello everyone, My Spotify app, as seen in the image, does not work properly. A while ago, i found out that newer music did not load anymore but the older music ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device lenovo thinkpad t440 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello everyone,   My Spotify app, as seen in the image, does not work pro...
  • camieletje
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Remove from startup

Spotify automatically starts up when I turn my computer on. How do I stop that? I am using windows 7 os.

• Spotify automatically starts up when I turn my computer on. How do I stop that? I am using windows 7 os.    
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 169 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 169 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Exploit - Spotiamb 0.2.1. - hijacks user accounts to play songs.

Hi all,Just wanting to draw attention to this. It appears that there is an exploit for Spotify Connect which uses the Spotiamb 0.2.1 extension to hijack user accounts and play a set list of songs. Affected users will see "Spotiamb 0.2.1" appear as an...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all, Just wanting to draw attention to this. It appears that there is an exploit for Spotify Connect which uses the Spotiamb 0.2.1 extension to hijack user accounts and play a set list of songs. ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 157 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Windows
  • 157 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Maximum volume too low

The maximum volume is too low when using the Windows Client. Any solution? Turning the Windows master volume up or the speaker/amp volume is no solution for me. Every other app, web-based, ... is fine regarding the volume. When I am in the 1/3 part o...

• Music Fan
  • The maximum volume is too low when using the Windows Client. Any solution? Turning the Windows master volume up or the speaker/amp volume is no solution for me. Every other app, web-based, ... is fin...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 30 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Still got premium. It's worked for months, until today it decided to randomly stop working. I can see only the PS4 on both my iPod and Desktop. This is extremely frustrating as i'm paying for this service and i just sorted out all my tech issues. I'v...

• Music Fan
  • Still got premium. It's worked for months, until today it decided to randomly stop working. I can see only the PS4 on both my iPod and Desktop. This is extremely frustrating as i'm paying for this se...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 118 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Windows
  • 118 replies
  • 26 likes

No Explicit Filter?

So let me see if I've got this straight. You want me to pay for Premium, but you are incapable of coming up with a way for me to block explicit songs? This should take a developer worth his salt about half a day to implement. Its mind boggling that t...

• Casual Listener
  • So let me see if I've got this straight.  You want me to pay for Premium, but you are incapable of coming up with a way for me to block explicit songs?  This should take a developer worth h...
  • shagreel
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nissan Advertisment Fails to Play

PlanFreeCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHello, I am experiencing issues consistently with a Nissan advertisement that fails to play. In order to continue playing music I have to shutdown/restart Spotify. I have uninstalled/rei...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hello, I am experiencing issues consistently with a Nissan advertisement that fails to play.  In order to c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search for all Artists

Premium plan, Family.UK.Laptop/Tablet/Phone Ok, have just joined, and I want to do a big excercise and create a playlist of all music I like. My memory however needs jogging, and I have tried for example putting 'c' in the search bar, hoping to get a...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium plan, Family. UK. Laptop/Tablet/Phone   Ok, have just joined, and I want to do a big excercise and create a playlist of all music I like. My memory however needs jogging, and I have ...
  • Portchieboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Search bar gone

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThe search bar is gone, now I can only go to it by scrolling all the way up and pressing search.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The search bar is gone, now I can only go to it by scrolling all the way up and pressing s...
  • rgbuckley
  • Casual Listener
  • 34 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 21 likes

"Recommended Artists" in recent update is useless. Please bring back saved artists!

Title says it all. There are numerous complaints in this forum and across the internet from disgruntled users. Spotify needs to make a change ASAP or they will lose large numbers of subscribers. An easy fix would be to make "Recommended Artists" incl...

• Regular
  • Title says it all.   There are numerous complaints in this forum and across the internet from disgruntled users.  Spotify needs to make a change ASAP or they will lose large numbers of...
  • chrismurray
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

random album art not appearing

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor numerous, seemingly random albums the album art doesn't appear when viewed in my library or while playing. I've tried rebooting and reinstalling but I just can't shake thi...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For numerous, seemingly random albums the album art doesn't appear when viewed in my library or whi...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists List Not Working

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueI think this started happening in the last month or two. The Artists list used to display an alphabetized list of artists ...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue I think this started happening in the las...
  • rpb272
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Non riesco ad ascoltare più niente

PlanFreeCountryItalyDeviceNotebook HPOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueNon riesco ad usare più spotify su computer. Il lettore web non funziona per niente (inserisco il sito ma mi dà pagina bianca) e adesso neppure il programma per il com...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Italy Device Notebook HP Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Non riesco ad usare più spotify su computer. Il lettore web non funziona per niente (inseri...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountryBulgariaDeviceDesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueToday I tried to turn on Spotify to listen to some music. Unfortunately it skips through my entire collection of multiple playlists and a blue popup comes ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Bulgaria Device Desktop computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Today I tried to turn on Spotify to listen to some music. Unfortunately it skip...
  • maxharding4
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple copies of the same album in my Albums tab

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am really trying to work with this update. Really trying. In the face of trying to refollow hundreds of artists I am using the Albums tab for the first time. I do not know if this has always b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am really trying to work with this update. Really trying. In the face of trying to refollow hundreds of artists I a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Library not syncing on Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSurface BookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use Spotify with quite a few decives: Surface Book (Windows 10), Mac, iPhone, and an Android tablet. My issue is that, if I update my library on anything other...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Surface Book Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use Spotify with quite a few decives: Surface Book (Windows 10), Mac, iPhone, and a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solution for why I couldn't connect to my device using Sonos Connect from PC

I discovered a problem in the firewall settings that had been changed by source unknown (Windows Update?) that was preventing communication between my Sonos One and the PC. Rather than mess about with the fire wall settings, the simplest solution is ...

Sonossupport.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • I discovered a problem in the firewall settings that had been changed by source unknown (Windows Update?) that was preventing communication between my Sonos One and the PC.   Rather than mess ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes