Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Music keeps repeating without repeat being on

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDevicePC and AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10, Android OxygenOS My Question or Issue Whenever I play music from my playlists, the songs keep on repeating for no reason at all, this has only started happening today. I have re...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country England Device PC and Android Operating System Windows 10, Android OxygenOS   My Question or Issue   Whenever I play music from my playlists, the songs keep ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with search from playlist

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify version 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f I came across with quite strange issue with in-playlist search. If I jump to playlista by pressing cover art and then begin search, it might be ok with one or two...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Finland Operating System Windows 10 Spotify version 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f   I came  across with quite strange issue with in-playlist search. If I jump to...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music missing after switch from Songs to Liked Songs

PlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceDesktopWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe late June update changed the Songs playlist to Liked Songs. Music that didn't have a 'heart' do not appear in the Liked Songs playlist.

•   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Desktop Windows 10   My Question or Issue The late June update changed the Songs playlist to Liked Songs.  Music that didn't have a '...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

error code 17

PlanFreeCountryAmericaDevicenot sureOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuei know it's been addressed before, but when i try installing spotify it comes up with error code 17. i've tried some of the previous solutions, but since they were 4-5...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country America Device not sure Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue i know it's been addressed before, but when i try installing spotify it comes up with error...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Artists Really Slow

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceComputerOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueFor some reason I think the latest update made the recently played artists section on my profile really slow. For example, if I listen to an artist they won't show up i...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Computer Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue For some reason I think the latest update made the recently played artists sect...
  • Woodyturner02
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Plus button changed to Heart

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueToday the + button on my desktop changed to a heart. It's more than just being upset about changes because changes are scary or whatever. Sure I understand they need to make c...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Today the + button on my desktop changed to a heart.  It's more than just being upset ...
  • taminabox
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Favourite Artists Have Disappeared - Windows 10 Desktop Computer

I have Spotify on my Windows 10 desktop computer (via the App) and when I opened it today all my Favourite Artists had disappeared. I have spent many hours making sure I had all the best/my favourite tracks in Artists (and my Playlists). When I check...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify on my Windows 10 desktop computer (via the App) and when I opened it today all my Favourite Artists had disappeared. I have spent many hours making sure I had all the best/my favourite...
  • J2hnn34
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Left Scroll Bar Bug

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe left side of the menu is cut off when I try to scroll. I've reinstalled Spotify about 4 times, restarted my computer each time, and the issue keeps coming up.

image.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The left side of the menu is cut off when I try to scroll. I've reinstalled Spotify about 4 ti...
  • ibrokeit
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"Songs" in My Library Disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI am aware that if you're using Spotify for free, you don't have the "Songs" list under the "Your Library" section. On Spotify Premium, you have the "Songs" ...

• Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I am aware that if you're using Spotify for free, you don't have the "Songs" list...
  • Arikabeth
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to arrange songs in a playlist created by me

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 laptop IssueI am unable to arrange songs in a specific playlist created by me, however, I can arrange songs in other playlists created by me using the exact same account.I've restarted the laptop Spotify app, an...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10 laptop   Issue I am unable to arrange songs in a specific playlist created by me, however, I can arrange songs in other playlists c...
  • Scpva7
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save albums to my libary

For someone reason on the app on Windows 10 I can't save albums to my libary. I can save the songs indivisually, but it's kinda annoying having to click each one just to save an album

• Casual Listener
  • For someone reason on the app on Windows 10 I can't save albums to my libary. I can save the songs indivisually, but it's kinda annoying having to click each one just to save an album    
  • TakeOneDoor
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover Weekly not updating

My Discover Weekly playlist hasn't updated in two weeks. I have tried uninstalling, unsubscribing from the playlist, and logging out. I have listened to other songs outside of this playlist, and not in private mode either. Any suggestions?

• My Discover Weekly playlist hasn't updated in two weeks. I have tried uninstalling, unsubscribing from the playlist, and logging out. I have listened to other songs outside of this playlist, and not ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song progress forgotten when pausing for longer than 10-15 min.

Plan: FreeCountry: DenmarkOperating System: Windows 10 During the last week a weird bug has appeared. Whenever I listen to an album and pause a song for 10-15 minuets, it sometimes forgets which song I was playing. When i press play to resumes listen...

• Plan: Free Country: Denmark Operating System: Windows 10   During the last week a weird bug has appeared. Whenever I listen to an album and pause a song for 10-15 minuets, it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Local files] Spotify should respect track number from mp3 metadata

APlanPremium DeviceLaptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello!I'm creating this question under Desktop forum but I guess the issue is common across all platfroms.Local Files section doesn't respect track number from ID3 metadata of m...

• Regular
  •  APlan Premium   Device Laptop   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello! I'm creating this question under Desktop forum but I guess the issue is com...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Switches from podcast to random, unfamiliar music

Plan: FreeCountry: USAOS: Windows 10Every so often, my podcast will stop and a song I've never heard before will begin to play. I haven't used Spotify for music in ages, let alone the genre of the songs that begin to play. This has happened when the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: USA OS: Windows 10 Every so often, my podcast will stop and a song I've never heard before will begin to play.  I haven't used Spotify for music in ages, let alone the g...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play local files [SOLVED]

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueLocal files are not working since the last 3 updates. It only says "can't play this right now". Explicit filter is off and I've reinstalled many times. Version 1.08.474 does not have this iss...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium       Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Local files are not working since the last 3 updates. It only says "can't play this right no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to view albums

PlanFreeCountry DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere are a lot of artists whose albums I can't see or listen to when I go on that particular artist's page. Why is this happening?

• Plan Free Country   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There are a lot of artists whose albums I can't see or listen to when I go on that particular ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops scrobbling and disconnects after laptop restart

Hi all, so I have this problem with desktop version of Spotify on my laptop. I have last.fm account and use Spotify to scrobble songs, however, my Spotify dekstop stops scrobbling after the computer is restarted. What is more, when I play music on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   so I have this problem with desktop version of Spotify on my laptop. I have last.fm account and use Spotify to scrobble songs, however, my Spotify dekstop stops scrobbling after the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot replay podcast episodes

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis issue has been going on for months and nothing has been resolved. It's impossible to replay a podcast episode, even though none are showing as completely finis...

•     Plan Premium Country USA   Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This issue has been going on for months and nothing has been reso...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Option to Add or Remove Facebook

Hello!I've been having this issue for a week or so, I've been trying to connect my Spotify to my new Facebook account. I had deleted my previous one without unlinking it with Spotify and now Spotify does not give me the option to remove or add Facebo...

• Hello! I've been having this issue for a week or so, I've been trying to connect my Spotify to my new Facebook account. I had deleted my previous one without unlinking it with Spotify and now Spotif...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes