Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

spotify setup not working

I downloaded the setup file to install spotify on my computer, but the computer is not responding when I run the setup file.Note: I tried to run it as an administrator, I turned off antivirus programs and windows defender, still no reactionos: window...

• I downloaded the setup file to install spotify on my computer, but the computer is not responding when I run the setup file. Note: I tried to run it as an administrator, I turned off antivirus progr...
  • JoãoZão
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

[Desktop] ATTN ADMINS - Spam/Malicious Links in Windows Store Spotify

I can't explain what is causing this... and my virus/malware scanner (BitDefender) isn't picking up anything... but if i click anywhere in the Spotify App (windows store version), it pops open two new tabs on my browser which are obviously spam/malic...

• I can't explain what is causing this... and my virus/malware scanner (BitDefender) isn't picking up anything... but if i click anywhere in the Spotify App (windows store version), it pops open two ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

REMOVE THE GREEN "DOWNLOADED" TICK FROM END OF PLAYLIST NAMES

Please remove the ugly green tick that was added in the recent update. Clicking into a playlist to see if it was downloaded was perfectly fine and was no problem. Now I have all these green ticks beside playlist names.At least give us the option to k...

• Visitor
  •   Please remove the ugly green tick that was added in the recent update. Clicking into a playlist to see if it was downloaded was perfectly fine and was no problem. Now I have all these green t...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Chevolume not working with Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I recently got a sound card on my computer and wanted to do some sound mixing to different devices around my house, and I heard that CheVolume is a good software to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I recently got a sound card on my computer and wanted to do some sound mixing ...
  • vanamdavid
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Radio Windows 10

PlanFreeCountryUSA My Question or Issue Did Spotify remove the Radio? It was literally working a second ago while I was on Spotify. Now it only shows previous stations I’ve listened to. Music genres don’t show up either.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA   My Question or Issue   Did Spotify remove the Radio? It was literally working a second ago while I was on Spotify. Now it only shows previous stations I’ve li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify installer won’t open - W10

PlanPremiumCountry SlovakiaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, i wanted to reinstall Spotify app because of some update errors when start. First i uninstalled Spotify throught Control panel, then downloaded installer from...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Slovakia Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi, i wanted to reinstall Spotify app because of some update errors when s...
  • Herfinnur
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Videos play in background while another song is playing

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue If I click the "Previous" button many times (~ 2 clicks per second) and if there is a video that it passes, the video sometimes plays and remains playing (in the backgro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US  Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  If I click the "Previous" button many times (~ 2 clicks per second) and if there is...
  • neemaali123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Troubleshooting Spotify

PlanFreeCountryLatvia DeviceHP 225Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHelp please sometimes Spotify lost internet connetion with happens only with Spotify. What can I do??

•   Plan Free Country Latvia   Device HP 225 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Help please sometimes Spotify lost internet connetion with happens only with ...
  • Kosakewich
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Updater doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountry FinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have tried to update my Spotify for a while, but I'll always run into the same problem; it doesn't allow me to do so. All I get is a messange that says "It seems like...

• Plan Premium Country  Finland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have tried to update my Spotify for a while, but I'll always run into the same p...
  • Brunelicia
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Second song is always wrong

Hi! I have recently encountered a very strange problem with Spotify. Everytime I start Spotify and start a playlist or an album or any song the second song is always "La la land" by "DVBBS": https://open.spotify.com/track/0Iznon64pfKoT0d02m2iE8?si=dT...

• Hi!   I have recently encountered a very strange problem with Spotify. Everytime I start Spotify and start a playlist or an album or any song the second song is always "La la land" by "DVBBS":...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 - Spotify crashes if I unplug a usb headset without headphones in

PlanPremiumCountrySpain DeviceLenovo yoga 510Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have a windows 10 laptop. I often have to go into meetings so plug in USB headset, then come out the meeting, take the usb headset out and THEN plug in hea...

•   Plan Premium Country Spain  Device Lenovo yoga 510 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I have a windows 10 laptop. I often have to go into meetings ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • windows10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs added to my main playlist no longer show proplerly in the playlist.

I have maintained a playlist of songs i like for the past 7 years or so. Recently i have been adding songs but they do not show in the playlist properly. If i click on the Playlist tab and then on the playlist, the same older version of the playlist ...

• I have maintained a playlist of songs i like for the past 7 years or so. Recently i have been adding songs but they do not show in the playlist properly. If i click on the Playlist tab and then on th...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't play the current song for Local and Official songs

PlanPremiumCountry USADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or Issue When I have my playlist running automatically (Shuffle or Repeat Track) everytime it switches to a Local file song that I added to the playlist it stops playing and say...

image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro  My Question or Issue  When I have my playlist running automatically (Shuffle or Repeat Track) everytime it...
  • kyzruk
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop app stops playing then uses all system ram causing BSOD

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 build 17134.472Spotify Desktop App Version1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b My Question or IssueIn the last few weeks, spotify has been freezing my computer. The symptoms are as follows. Intermittendly,...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 build 17134.472 Spotify Desktop App Version 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b   My Question or Issue In the last few we...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Why Does Spotify Say These Songs Aren't Saved... When They Are?

Seen this on a few other albums as well. I don't want to add them again, because then I'd have two, if I removed them and added them again I'm willing to bet the issue would still occur.

2019-01-23 19_07_42-Oso Oso - Interlude.png 2019-01-23 19_07_59-Oso Oso - Interlude.png
  • Regular
  •         Seen this on a few other albums as well. I don't want to add them again, because then I'd have two, if I removed them and added them again I'm willing to b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[PC] Remove songs on a playlist made for my by spotify

PlanFreeCountryUSA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI like to browse the lists made for my by Spotify. Discover Weekly has no issues, this is regarding the other lists. How do I delete items on the PC? I usually only use Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I like to browse the lists made for my by Spotify.  Discover Weekly has no issues,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not avaiable

PlanFree/PremiumCountryArgentina Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue:When i want to ear a song appears "This song is not avaible", but i can hear the rest of album.Only this song cant play. Was deleted?The song is: https://open.spotify.com...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Argentina  Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue: When i want to ear a song appears "This song is not avaible", but i can hear the rest of ...
  • Brunelicia
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • This song is not avaiable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Default Shuffle

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or Issue. Windows version has started to default to Shuffle every time I boot the PC. I'm a premium user

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro     My Question or Issue. Windows version has started to default to Shuffle every time I boot the P...
  • daylef
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No Recent Activity (Multiple Devices)

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone XS, Pixel 2 XL, WindowsOperating SystemiOS 12, Android P, Windows 10 My Question or IssueI've had an issue with my account not showing any 'Recent Activity' for several months now. I've attached screenshots that show...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone XS, Pixel 2 XL, Windows Operating System iOS 12, Android P, Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've had an issue with my account not showin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    issue
    no activity
    no recent activity
    sharing
    Social
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Installer crashes on windows 7 x64 sp1

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 x64 Sp1 My Question or Issue I set my system up. now i cant install Spotify. in my account i deleted my old sytem that was attached to Spotify.Got ideas?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 7 x64 Sp1  My Question or Issue  I set my system up. now i cant install Spotify. in my account i delet...
  • Bluescreen2801
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod