Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[Playlists] After one song, the playlist is exited

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceDesktop computer, PhoneOperating SystemWin 10, android My Question or IssueSometimes on my phone, and every time on my computer, when I press play for a playlist (the green button in the playlist header, not a particular...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Desktop computer, Phone Operating System Win 10, android   My Question or Issue Sometimes on my phone, and every time on my computer, when I press pl...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsolved Issue since 2017: Spotify Still Freeze My PC Completely

I'm a Spotify premium user since this streaming service first-day launch in Indonesia. Before I use Windows 10 as my PC's OS, Spotify works well in my Linux (Elementary OS) system. But, since I switched to Windows 10, whenever I launched this Windows...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a Spotify premium user since this streaming service first-day launch in Indonesia.   Before I use Windows 10 as my PC's OS, Spotify works well in my Linux (Elementary OS) system. But, si...
  • johanfjr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Folder disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceHP PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have just noticed a Folder I called Discovered on Spotify 2018 has disappeared from My Playlists. It contained 6/7 separate folders of the new music I discove...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device HP PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have just noticed a Folder I called Discovered on Spotify 2018 has disappeared fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • disappeared
    folder
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle playing a couple songs (or more) from an artist too close together

Summary of the problem: shuffle tends to play two or more songs in a row by the same artist when it should be avoiding that. PlanPremiumCountryIcelandDevicePC & Samsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemWindows 7 & Android Pie My Question or IssueI have post...

• Regular
  • Summary of the problem: shuffle tends to play two or more songs in a row by the same artist when it should be avoiding that.   Plan Premium Country Iceland Device PC & Samsung Galaxy ...
  • NoFunction
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle Algorithm
    shuffle tracks issue algorhythm
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Edge Detector keeps showing up after deleting it

My Question or Issue The Edge Detector Spotify Playlist repeatedly shows up in my collection again after deleting it. I had saved the Playlist in order to listen to it, which I did, afterwards I deleted it from my collection. Every few weeks, it show...

• Roadie
  • My Question or Issue   The Edge Detector Spotify Playlist repeatedly shows up in my collection again after deleting it.   I had saved the Playlist in order to listen to it, which I did,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audiobooks are too splitted

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung S5 Neo / PCOperating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 / Windows 10 Prof.My Question or IssueI love Spotify and a premium member, but there's one thing that I really, really hate...Why on h... are audiobooks splitted up in hu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung S5 Neo / PC Operating System Android 6.0.1 / Windows 10 Prof. My Question or Issue I love Spotify and a premium member, but there's one thing that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Audiobooks
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not showing album art from local images, album art is in the metadata

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWin 10 1903 My Question or IssueI've got a few local files that have album art attached (verified with windows media player, itunes, and mp3tag), but spotify won't pickup or display the album art. It'll pick...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Win 10 1903   My Question or Issue I've got a few local files that have album art attached (verified with windows media player, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Saved artists not playing only songs in library

I followed all my artists and then saved the specific songs I liked for each yet when I got to an artist in the artist tab it doesn't take me to the saved songs it just takes me to the artist page and plays all their songs. Is the only way to avoid t...

• Casual Listener
  • I followed all my artists and then saved the specific songs I liked for each yet when I got to an artist in the artist tab it doesn't take me to the saved songs it just takes me to the artist page an...
  • TakeOneDoor
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

How to display the full track date in Spotify for Desktop. Date appears cut off

Hello,I'd like to see the full track date when opening my Spotify for Desktop. I've done some procedures to check if the date came up but couldn't.Unfortunately the last two digits (of the year) are cut off and I can't see the full track date.I've be...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'd like to see the full track date when opening my Spotify for Desktop. I've done some procedures to check if the date came up but couldn't. Unfortunately the last two digits (of the year) ...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Changed Every Song In My Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceI can list specs if needed? Caselabs SMA8 Crossfire VII 1070ti 2700xOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueEvery once in a while I copy my favorite songs to a new playlist and save the old one so I know what songs I like...

• Plan Premium Country US Device I can list specs if needed? Caselabs SMA8 Crossfire VII 1070ti 2700x Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue Every once in a while I copy my favor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cant log in via facebook

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuecant log in using the pc app via facebook, keeps coming up with error (3) username / pass incorrect but i can log onto spotify using facebook log in on the browser

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue cant log in using the pc app via facebook, keeps coming up with error (3) username / pass incorrect...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
    windows10
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Almost All Albums in Library Vanished

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceWindows PC Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI'm usually offline on my PC. I went online to download a few new songs, noticed an update queued for the desktop client, updated it, and now almost every album in my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Windows PC  Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I'm usually offline on my PC. I went online to download a few new songs, noticed an up...
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Disappearing artist and album lists when searching

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceDell XPS 13 (9360) LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Spotify version 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9 (Windows Store version) My Question or IssueIn the last few weeks, I've noticed a weird and anno...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Dell XPS 13 (9360) Laptop Operating System Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134   Spotify version 1.0.86.337.ga8d5cef9 (Window...
  • zxc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not updating song info/artwork when using Spotify Connect

I am running the Windows 10 Spotify app on my PC and am listening to Spotify on my Amazon Echo Dot using Spotify connect. This lets me listen to it while controlling the music from my PC. I can listen to music fine, along with skipping tracks back an...

• Casual Listener
  • I am running the Windows 10 Spotify app on my PC and am listening to Spotify on my Amazon Echo Dot using Spotify connect.  This lets me listen to it while controlling the music from my PC. &nbs...
  • oembob27
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not saving descriptions, cover art, or playlist titles

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue So, this problem just started today (7/26/19), kind of out of the blue. One minute everyth...

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   So...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist "Shuffling"

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(ASUS Laptop)Operating System(Windows My Question or IssueSpotify has been "shuffling" a playlist I have. I will go to play it in order, and the songs play out of order in a patterned way. A song will be skipped, then the q...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (ASUS Laptop) Operating System (Windows 😎   My Question or Issue Spotify has been "shuffling" a playlist I have. I will go to play it in order, and the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[SOLVED] Songs under artist that are not liked

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDeviceHP Probook, Xiaomi Redmi 4XOperating SystemWindows 8, Android My Question or Issue If I choose Artists I can see a lot of songs by some artists even though I have not liked so many songs of that artist. When I cl...

spotify1.PNG spotify2.PNG spotify3.PNG spotify4.PNG
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device HP Probook, Xiaomi Redmi 4X Operating System Windows 8, Android   My Question or Issue   If I choose Artists I can see a lot of songs b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Problem!

When I try to install the normal Spotify desktop program (not the one from the Microsoft store) it will automatically change (?) to the Microsoft store version.Help!

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to install the normal Spotify desktop program (not the one from the Microsoft store) it will automatically change (?) to the Microsoft store version. Help!  
  • M4rtyCZE
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

SHARE YOUR PLAYLIST inspired by movies

these are mine, feel free to follow, also both playlist are inspired by films in which keanu is hshsadhsa https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6b2LJzxPyDtxojHPzhS48dhttps://open.spotify.com/playlist/2FM4rg8DsThTy4vBIwiBhE

• Casual Listener
  • these are mine, feel free to follow, also both playlist are inspired by films in which keanu is hshsadhsa   https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6b2LJzxPyDtxojHPzhS48d https://open.spotify.com/p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes