Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unliking a song from an album no longer removes that specific one

Unliking a song from an album no longer removes that specific one

Was this feature removed?

I love TOOL's new album, but the interludes are pretty lackluster, in my opinion. If this was, say, a year ago, I would be able to just unsave them, why remove a perfectly functional asset?

5 Replies

Hey @gavin_buns.

Do I understand you correctly, you want to unsave certain songs on an album but have problems doing so?

Let me know, I'm keen to help.

Felix

Yes, this feature seems to no longer be available. "Saving" a song on an album simply adds it to your liked tracks, and while un-saving it in the past would remove it from the list, now it only removes it from the liked tracks of the album.

hv6EPBw.gif

Hey again @gavin_buns,

Sorry for my late response.

Unsaving a song on Spotify automatically removes the little heart icon next to the track and also removes the song from your Liked Songs list.

If this feature isn't working properly for you, I'd suggest a clean re-install of your Spotify app. More on that here.

Have a good weekend.

Felix

Yes, that appears to be the case. My problem lies in the fact that, before I updated my app, what this used to do is make the song no longer appear in the tracklisting of your albums section. I.e. in this instance, the song 'Moonlight' would not be in the list, such that if I click play on the album, the number two song would start to play. I used this feature widely to remove songs that I didn't neccesarily enjoy on an album, and now it doesn't seem to exist in any form. Was it removed or am I missing something. Clean re-installs did not help.

Hey there @gavin_buns,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We recently changed the way Your Library works. Liking a song from an album won’t save the whole album and when you like or save an album, we add it to Your Library for fast access but we don’t automatically add all songs to your Liked songs.

So, when you like a song from an album, it only adds this song to your Liked Songs playlist and unliking it removes it from there. This would explain what's happening here.

We'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer for more details.

On another note, this is something other Spotify users have mentioned that they'd like to see again. In this case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea as well as subscribing so you stay up to speed with any updates.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts