Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Is there a way to increase the size of the volume slider?

Increasing the size of the volume slider would allow me to be more precise when setting the volume. Thanks

• Increasing the size of the volume slider would allow me to be more precise when setting the volume.   Thanks 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback randomly pauses

PlanPremiumCountryCZDeviceYamaha R-N803DOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe very same problem as described in Spotify Connect BrokenAfter few hours, music pauses and can be resumed. Problem then happens more often.Spotify Windows Store...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country CZ Device Yamaha R-N803D Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The very same problem as described in Spotify Connect Broken After few hours, mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked song on my phone don't appear on Windows app

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi!After two holiday weeks I arrived home and satarted using my Windows 10 PC again to listen to Spotify. And I've encountered that all the song I liked on my Android phone...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi! After two holiday weeks I arrived home and satarted using my Windows 10 PC again to listen ...
  • Ivan-K
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Transferring local tracks

This may be confusing but: I had a main computer with some offline tracks which I have included on my spotify playlists which have synced to my android phone too. Now that I've bought a new main computer, should I remove all the local tracks from spo...

• Regular
  • This may be confusing but:   I had a main computer with some offline tracks which I have included on my spotify playlists which have synced to my android phone too.    Now that I'v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Oooops, something went wrong with the playback

PlanPremiumCountryUSOperating SystemChrome/Windows 10 My Question or IssueFlashplayer and Chrome are both updated but spotify will still not play on the web player (I cannot use the app). Any solution will be appreciated!

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Operating System Chrome/Windows 10   My Question or Issue Flashplayer and Chrome are both updated but spotify will still not play on the web player (I cannot use ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Everything syncs except liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicesiPhone6s & HP Probook LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have spotify on my phone and on my laptop. Everything syncs correctly EXCEPT liked songs. Deleting playlists, moving the order, adding and removin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Devices iPhone6s & HP Probook Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have spotify on my phone and on my laptop. Everything syncs correc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why? When listening to any song, after it play continues with some unrelated song?

I stream kids music often for my kids... then other times play my own music. So when I am listening to music myself, I often click on a song to play it... and after it ends, I would expect it to (in order of preference): 1) continue play the same alb...

• Casual Listener
  • I stream kids music often for my kids... then other times play my own music.    So when I am listening to music myself, I often click on a song to play it... and after it ends, I would ex...
  • weelier
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] "Follow Playlist" changed to "Save to your Library"

Anyone else noticed a drop/stagnation in playlist followers since "Follow Playlist" changed to "Save to your library"? Please consider reverting back, people are clueless

• Anyone else noticed a drop/stagnation in playlist followers since "Follow Playlist" changed to "Save to your library"? Please consider reverting back, people are clueless 😭  
  • BenSpektor
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No option to report explicit content

PC/Premium I see how to do it in theory here: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/content-censor/ but the option does not appear, see screenshot.

• PC/Premium   I see how to do it in theory here: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/content-censor/   but the option does not appear, see screenshot.
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Everytime I Restart Computer ALL songs need to be downloaded again. About to cancel.

PremiumUnited KingdomLaptopWindows 10 This last few weeks, I've had to re-download over 2600 ofline songs about five times. However, now, EVER TIME I restart my laptop I've lost all of my offline music. It stays downloaded on my phone, the issue is w...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium United Kingdom Laptop Windows 10   This last few weeks, I've had to re-download over 2600 ofline songs about five times. However, now, EVER TIME I restart my laptop I've lost all of...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Offline Desyncing
    Offline issues
    Redownloading songs
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Win10] Playing Songs repeats for no reason

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PC, Win10, latest update as of 31.07.2019 My Question or IssueRecently when i play music from the "My Music" (all the songs i have saved) list, my Spotify app randomly decided to make it loop after a certain son...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC, Win10, latest update as of 31.07.2019   My Question or Issue Recently when i play music from the "My Music" (all the songs i have saved) l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify using TONS of bandwidth just sitting there

Spotify is using a TON of bandwidth and its just sitting there. It's not downloading any playlists, its not even playing any songs. And yet, it is using 300 Mbps of data.It also causes my cpu to use an entire thread, which causes my system to hitch a...

Taskmgr_2019-07-31_13-52-36.png
  • Regular
  • Spotify is using a TON of bandwidth and its just sitting there. It's not downloading any playlists, its not even playing any songs. And yet, it is using 300 Mbps of data. It also causes my cpu to us...
  • Method320
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Restricted Windows App

PlanPremiumMy Question or IssueMy windows 10 desktop only has limited access to the current and nothing else. No playlists, etc

• Plan Premium My Question or Issue My windows 10 desktop only has limited access to the current and nothing else. No playlists, etc
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoscroll in podcast episode textbox

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceLaptop HP ZBookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen scrolling in the textbox about podcast episode (see enclosed picture) the text automatically scroll up to the top every 3:rd second or so. Hence, you are...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Laptop HP ZBook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When scrolling in the textbox about podcast episode (see enclosed picture) the tex...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to report wrong entries to Spotify?

Hello, on the spotify page of one of my favorite bands I noticed that there is an album listed, which is not from the band at all. It is said that a band existed many years ago with the same name. I talk about this one: https://open.spotify.com/artis...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello,   on the spotify page of one of my favorite bands I noticed that there is an album listed, which is not from the band at all. It is said that a band existed many years ago with the same...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Autoplay + Crossfade: Any way to switch songs earlier?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello Community,so I make a playlist for a wedding of a friend of mine and everything is goin...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello C...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted functions?

Some functions that I've been missing... please tell me if these functions still exist but I'm missing a choice among some settings, suffering from a bug or perhaps doing something wrong. 1) Where did the "album" column go? Why can I no longer view w...

• Casual Listener
  • Some functions that I've been missing... please tell me if these functions still exist but I'm missing a choice among some settings, suffering from a bug or perhaps doing something wrong.   ...
  • rapunzelle
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find supported files when using Local Files

CountryAmerica DeviceDesktop/PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI'm trying to add and find local files to a playlist of mine. I know how local files work, and I've gotten it to work before. But the thing is I had some files which I added...

• Country America  Device Desktop/PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I'm trying to add and find local files to a playlist of mine. I know how local files work, and I've got...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When a music ends, the next one starts at 30 seconds

PlanPremium CountryBrazilDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueWhen I use spotify from windows app the musics have a lack of time (ends sooner than it is ment to end or starts later than it is meant to start). I've tried to relog, red...

• Plan Premium  Country Brazil Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue When I use spotify from windows app the musics have a lack of time (ends sooner than it is...
  • Alynne_Ninny
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes