Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I change my playlist cover when I have the desktop app? I can change everything else?

Why can't I change my playlist cover when I have the desktop app? I can change everything else?

I used to be able to change it on the web player which was great because I have a chromebook and they didn't have a compatible app for my system until recently. Now, I don't even have the option to change it, either on the web player or the new desktop app. This is really frustrating as I value efficient computers over ones with a million gadgets and bells and whistles. Is it just the chromebook? Or have they taken the function away?

1 Reply

Hey @Spirkthyla21,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting your question here.

Sorry for the late reply as well 🙂

Just to clarify, the Google Chromebook doesn't currently support our desktop app (which you can always download here using the devices/operative systems supporting it).

The only version of Spotify compatible with the Chromebook should be the Web Player.

To confirm, the option to edit the cover of your playlists is not currently available for the Web Player, and is only available if you're accessing your account using the desktop version of the app.

If you wish that Spotify made this option available for the Web Player and the Google Chromebook users, feel free to suggest this as an idea. To do so:

• Go to the Spotify Community
  • Click on Menu
  • Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  • Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on 'Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts