Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Delete entire library

When i started using spotify, i didnt realize i had as many songs as i did. I planned on moing my apple music library over, but while apple allows 100,000 songs...spotify only allows 10,000. Because of this, i cant like songs anymore because i added ...

• Casual Listener
  • When i started using spotify, i didnt realize i had as many songs as i did. I planned on moing my apple music library over, but while apple allows 100,000 songs...spotify only allows 10,000. Because ...
  • MrFleharty
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All songs gone from Spotify. I mean ALL of them.

Country USADevice Alienware 17 R3Operating SystemWindows 10 So basically there is no songs whatsoever on my app.I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, restarting my device, powering it all the way off and all the way back on, and this has been going...

• Casual Listener
  • Country  USA Device  Alienware 17 R3 Operating System Windows 10   So basically there is no songs whatsoever on my app. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, restarting my de...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant play any song on spotify ,not even on spotify browser

PlanFreeCountry RomaniaDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I cant play any somg on spotify , when I try to play it , it dousent work ,my favorite song is not there , but on my phone I can see it and play it , but on pc I cant ,I c...

• Plan Free Country  Romania Device Pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I cant play any somg on spotify , when I try to play it , it dousent work ,my favorit...
  • cedricj4
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

All of my saved albums now have every song in them saved rather than just the ones I picked .

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWith the recent update every single one of my albums now have the entire album saved. But when I click view full album it only shows the songs that I saved. Did this happen with anyone else?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue With the recent update every single one of my albums now have the entire album saved. But when I click view full album it only shows...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed Still Not Working

PlanPreimiumCountry USADeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I am still having issues with not being able to see my friend's activity even though people are saying it is fixed. I have tried reinstalling the app but it is still n...

• Regular
  • Plan Preimium Country  USA Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I am still having issues with not being able to see my friend's activity even tho...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Ideas to make collaborations on Spotify better for everyone!

PlanFree... rn ;-;Country DeviceIphone 6Operating SystemiOS (always updating) My Idea! There are major issues with the collab playlists!This is a NEEDED update, Playlists will be destroyed by others doing this. This also opens a window for trolls to ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free... rn ;-; Country   Device Iphone 6 Operating System iOS (always updating)   My Idea!   There are major issues with the collab playlists! This is a&n...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to remove "grayed out" local files in "Songs"

Operating SystemWin10 My Question or Issue:With the recent update allowing you to add your own local files alongside content that is hosted by spotify's servers, I've been adding local files to my "Songs" library. If I want to change the title of the...

• Casual Listener
  •   Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue: With the recent update allowing you to add your own local files alongside content that is hosted by spotify's servers, I've been adding...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Collab Playlists are abused, This artist continues to paste his songs into our playlist

PlanPremiumCountry USA My Question or Issue This is the second time this has happened: An artist continues to post his songs into several of myself, and many other people's playlists. we removed it twice from this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/u...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA  My Question or Issue  This is the second time this has happened: An artist continues to post his songs into several of myself, and many other pe...
  • tumblinpanda
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution "Endless Mix" and radio stations run out of songs.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Operating SystemAndroid, Windows 10. My Question or Issue When playing an "Endless Mix" or Radio Station, Spotify runs out of songs. Please fix this.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA     Operating System Android, Windows 10.   My Question or Issue  When playing an "Endless Mix" or Radio Station, Spotify runs out of songs. Ple...
  • cnchead
  • Music Fan
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Sound stops, track keeps going, App becomes unresponsive

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 1809 My Question or Issue Spotify quite often "crashes". It stops outputting Sound but shows the Track still as playing. When that happens you can't stop/start the track again and also can't...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10 1809   My Question or Issue  Spotify quite often "crashes". It stops outputting Sound but shows the Track still ...
  • Saphiro
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

NOTHING IS WORKING!

Basically, I logged to my computer just I normally do, and opened spotify. When I tried to play a song none of the songs are able to play, which one by one catches on to all my devices. The only thing that Spotify works on is my phone. But, when I pl...

Annotation 2019-03-06 073211.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Basically, I logged to my computer just I normally do, and opened spotify. When I tried to play a song none of the songs are able to play, which one by one catches on to all my devices. The only thin...
  • anonymoususer21
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with music playing

PlanFreeCountryMéxico Operating SystemAndroid 5.1, Windows 10 My Question or IssueThe problem I have currently with Spotify is the following, trying to play some song, about 100%, I can only hear a 70%, the others simply do not play, things that is r...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country México   Operating System Android 5.1, Windows 10   My Question or Issue The problem I have currently with Spotify is the following, trying to play some song, ab...
  • AlejandroDLTD
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mixes disappeared

PlanPremiumCountry SlovakiaDeviceLenovo Yoga 520Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I used to have Daily Mixes and I really enjoyed that feature. Actually, it was one the reasons why I prefered using Spotify to other services. I am curren...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Slovakia Device Lenovo Yoga 520 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I used to have Daily Mixes and I really enjoyed that feature...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • dailymix
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Error code (7) or (2)

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceHP EliteDesk Operating SystemWindows 7 or later My Question or Issue I am able to log into my webplayer on Google Chrome and play my music through my playlists just fine, but when I try to use the desktop app, wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device HP EliteDesk  Operating System Windows 7 or later   My Question or Issue  I am able to log into my webplayer on Google Chrome ...
  • PresidentMads
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Desktop] PC not playing, everything else does.

PlanPremiumCountry ItalyDevicePCOperating SystemWin10 My Question or Issue Since around early february, spotify has stopped working on my Desktop PC.Neither the app, nor the online (browser) version work.My account currently works normally both on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Italy Device PC Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue  Since around early february, spotify has stopped working on my Desktop PC. Neither the a...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing on Desktop will play

PlanFreeCountry Australia Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Nothing on my desktop spotify will play, it shows blank when I play and it wont start playing. Everything on my phone will work fine (android) but on desktop nothing works I tr...

spot.jpg
  • Plan Free Country  Australia   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Nothing on my desktop spotify will play, it shows blank when I play and it wont start p...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No songs are available on Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify VersionI am on latest version of Spotify as far as I am aware (given that I just re-installed 3 times) My Question or IssueI had a problem with Spotify starting on start up even when...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Computer Operating System Windows 10 Spotify Version I am on latest version of Spotify as far as I am aware (given that I just re-installed 3 times)   M...
  • blcklght1212
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

My friends are dissapearing from my friend feed

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince last week I noticed that there are friends dissapearing in my friend feed.At first I were just a few but at this point there are only 5 left now.I've alread...

•   Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since last week I noticed that there are friends dissapearing in my friend fee...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Dissapearing
    Friend Feed
    Friends
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums Not Syncing from Android to Windows

I recently redownloaded Spotify for Windows. I had been using the web player since about early October of last year, when I switched due to issues I had been having with the PC app. I redownloaded it today, and found that all the albums+songs I have ...

•   I recently redownloaded Spotify for Windows. I had been using the web player since about early October of last year, when I switched due to issues I had been having with the PC app. I redownl...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Made For You is empty in the desktop version

PlanFreeCountry IndiaDeviceLenovo LaptopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The Made for you tab in the Web player and the client is empty and says "Keep listening to the music you love. Once we know what you love to listen to, Your Dail...

•   Plan Free Country  India Device Lenovo Laptop Operating System  Windows 10  My Question or Issue  The Made for you tab in the Web player and the client is empty a...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes