Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify in offline mode, great internet connection

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 7 professional My Question or Issue Windows 7 Prof desktop, suddenly Spotify is telling me I'm in offline mode. Checked the board here and tried all the "fixes" I could find. (restarted ro...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 7 professional   My Question or Issue  Windows 7 Prof desktop, suddenly Spotify is telling me I'm in offl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline mode
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

music wont play while surface go is off

Plam:FreeCountry United StatesDevice: Surface goOperating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue I don't know if this is my fault but i saw a similar problem that was solved for the surface 3 were they just needed to download the latest software and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plam:Free Country  United States Device: Surface go Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I don't know if this is my fault but i saw a similar problem that was s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I imported a local file which works on my desktop but doesn't carry over to my phone

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceiPhone 7+ 256gbOperating SystemiOS 12, Windows 10 on my desktop My Question or Issue So I converted a song from youtube into an mp3 file. This is the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyJJCb_jbQ / and I used flvto ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Canada Device iPhone 7+ 256gb Operating System iOS 12, Windows 10 on my desktop  My Question or Issue  So I converted a song from youtube into an...
  • xero1287
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

My Playlist Restarting

PlanPremiumCountry United KingdomDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 5Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I connect my Spotify to my computer every time I try to use my phone to change the song on a playlist it will play out the whole of that so...

• Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I connect my Spotify to my computer ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

No True Description of Repeat Icons Found Anywhere. Please Provide

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADevicedesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have searched extensively and can find no accurate description (on 12/8/2018) of the Spotify Player Repeat icon meanings. The icon with a DOT under it ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device desktop computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have searched extensively and can find no accurate description (o...
  • burky39
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Podcasts no longer showing in library

I'm not able to see my saved podcasts in my library anymore - I haven't tried to access it in a while but I think this was due to the last update, or one of the last few. I can still search up podcasts and listen to them, and the heart that indicates...

• Regular
  • I'm not able to see my saved podcasts in my library anymore - I haven't tried to access it in a while but I think this was due to the last update, or one of the last few. I can still search up podcas...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't play any album

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceDELL Inspiron 15 (N5050)Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium (x64) My Question or IssueSince yesterday Spotify (1.0.95.289.g342899da) doesn't play any albums. First, I've received a message: 'The Spotify application is...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device DELL Inspiron 15 (N5050) Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)   My Question or Issue Since yesterday Spotify (1.0.95.289.g342899da) doesn't ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sopity does not play with a D/A Converter

PlanFree/PremiumCountry GermanyDeviceDell PCOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueSpotify doesn`t play when I connect a Digital-Analog Converter (ESI U46DJ) via USB. I tried different laptops and changed various settings, nothing worked. Is it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Germany Device Dell PC Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue Spotify doesn`t play when I connect a Digital-Analog Converter (ESI U46DJ) via USB. I...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App stops playing randomly [1809]

So ever since I updated to Windows 1809, i've noticed that my Spotify randomly just stops playing. Sometimes it cuts audio, and the counter for the current track will keep counting until the song is finished. Other times the counter stops. I can stil...

• Casual Listener
  •   So ever since I updated to Windows 1809, i've noticed that my Spotify randomly just stops playing.    Sometimes it cuts audio, and the counter for the current track will keep coun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

open.spotify refused to connect and radio doesn't work

I'm on Windows 10 Desktop. I cannot connect to open.spotify.com in Chrome and Firefox (and Internet Explorer) and cannot use the radio in the desktop program (it says This radio station cannot be started) and cannot use the Friend Activity feature. I...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm on Windows 10 Desktop.   I cannot connect to open.spotify.com in Chrome and Firefox (and Internet Explorer) and cannot use the radio in the desktop program (it ...
  • thedawnofvenus
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    refusal
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Search for Song shows Artists and Albums with the search phrase

PlanPremiumCountry South AfricaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn the Windows 10 App, if I search for a Song, it shows Artists and Albums with the search phrase and the Song titles for these results don't have the search phrase...

• Plan Premium Country  South Africa Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In the Windows 10 App, if I search for a Song, it shows Artists and Albums with t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player Not Working

Plan: Free Country: USA Device: ASUS PC Operating System: Windows1 0 My Question or Issue:The web player will not play anything on ALL web browsers installed.I do not have any personal firewalls installed. I use Avast free which is not blockingit bec...

• Regular
  • Plan: Free   Country: USA   Device: ASUS PC   Operating System: Windows1 0      My Question or Issue: The web player will not play anything on ALL web br...
  • Timko67
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web player issue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Radio option gone on Windows desktop app?

In the latest update, did you guys get rid of the playlist radio option for free users on the desktop app also? I know you got rid of it on mobile months ago, but tonight i noticed that when I'm on a playlist and I click the three dots, the "start pl...

• Roadie
  • In the latest update, did you guys get rid of the playlist radio option for free users on the desktop app also? I know you got rid of it on mobile months ago, but tonight i noticed that when I'm on a...
  • WebGremlin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist issues
    playlist radio
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows desktop overlay when using media keys

PlanFreeCountry FinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue The desktop overlay when using media keys is still showing up even after i disabled it from the settings. I noticed that after restart it starts showing up again.

• Plan Free Country  Finland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  The desktop overlay when using media keys is still showing up even after i disabled i...
  • Deepbluen
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play music after ads

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen im listening to music on spotify and then ads play, after the ads i cant play music again. When i click on a song to play it says the selected song will be p...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country  United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue When im listening to music on spotify and then ads play, after the ads i cant pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Program on windows 10 always force close

PlanPremiumCountry IndonesiaDeviceHP Pavalion dv6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have tried all methods from moving folders to Program files (x86) and other methods, all of them end up in force close. sometimes the application will ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Indonesia Device HP Pavalion dv6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have tried all methods from moving folders to Program files (x86)...
  • papaerhouse
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing on Win 10 without user interaction

PlanPremiumCountry United States of AmericaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Issue Since the latest update to Spotify, the application will crash at random times while playing podcasts, shutting itself down unexpectedly. This occurs after the...

• Plan Premium Country  United States of America Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Issue  Since the latest update to Spotify, the application will crash at random ...
  • sodacandan
  • Visitor
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes

Spotify... Microsoft version

So see heres tthe thing i dont want Spotify microsoft version, but when i download it from the website it says "migrating data" and moves all the files to the microsoft version. Please help. Ty alot.

• Casual Listener
  •     So see heres tthe thing i  dont  want Spotify microsoft version, but when i download it from the website it says "migrating data" and moves all the files to the microsoft v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When I listen to a song on pc, I actually listen to another song.

PlanFreeCountry ItalyDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 2017 & ASUS ROG STRIX GL753VEOperating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 & Windows 10My Question or Issue Hi Community!My problem is about listening to my music. When I listen to Afterparty (https://open.spotify.com/tra...

• Plan Free Country  Italy Device Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 & ASUS ROG STRIX GL753VE Operating System Android 8.1.0 & Windows 10 My Question or Issue  Hi Community! My problem ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

error code 13 for Windows 7, again

I've been running Free Spotify on my 64-bit Windows 7 Dell (in the UK) without a problem for some time. (Occasionally when I've run it, it first tells me that it's installing Spotify: I presume it was downloading updates.) Earlier this week, that pro...

• I've been running Free Spotify on my 64-bit Windows 7 Dell (in the UK) without a problem for some time.  (Occasionally when I've run it, it first tells me that it's installing Spotify: I pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes