Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

spotify connect bugged

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDevicePC, Xiaomi Redmi 4xOperating SystemWindows 10, Android Nougat My Question or Issuei cant use spotify connect its always stuck on 1 song idk why.ive uninstalled and reinstalled spotify few times, logged out my account ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device PC, Xiaomi Redmi 4x Operating System Windows 10, Android Nougat   My Question or Issue i cant use spotify connect its always stuck on 1 song idk w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Randomly adding songs from one playlist to another

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle PixelOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have multiple playlists for different genres and lately I have noticed that songs from one playlist (rock) are seemingly at random being added to my other play...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Google Pixel Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have multiple playlists for different genres and lately I have noticed that songs f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play any of my songs.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm getting an error with any of the songs on my list that I try to play. It says "Can't play the current song." I've tried multiple songs, multiple playli...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm getting an error with any of the songs on my list that I try to pla...
  • lstover214
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are skipped without doing anything

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceWindows 10 Desktop My Question isRecently, spotify skips songs without doing anything. It happens every 2 to 5 seconds and the songs are not even played. On my phone Spotify works without problems. I tried reinstalling...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Windows 10 Desktop   My Question is Recently, spotify skips songs without doing anything. It happens every 2 to 5 seconds and the songs are no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving album is not saving all songs

Previously (maybe before the latest update and the change in how the app presents playlists and "liked songs"?), when you saved an album, all of the songs were also saved into your library. Today, saving an album only stuck the album into the "albums...

• Regular
  • Previously (maybe before the latest update and the change in how the app presents playlists and "liked songs"?), when you saved an album, all of the songs were also saved into your library. Today, sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Undo blocked artist

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil My Question or IssueI have accidentaly blocked an artist on my phone (the phone was unlocked and I touched it accidentaly), and now I don't know which one it was, and there's no UI to see blocked artists. There was an UNDO po...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil   My Question or Issue I have accidentaly blocked an artist on my phone (the phone was unlocked and I touched it accidentaly), and now I don't know which one it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nuclear blast unavailable

Why is this music no longer available, is there any plans for re aquiring it? PlanPremiumCountryNorway DevicePC / IphoneOperating SystemWindows10, IOS My Question or IssueWhy is Nuclear blast music such as Dismember (Indecent and obscene album specif...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is this music no longer available, is there any plans for re aquiring it?   Plan Premium Country Norway  Device PC / Iphone Operating System Windows10, IOS   My Question...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends disappeared, being forced to sign into facebook for social

My friend's list isn't showing anyone, but I can still see the people I am following in settings. In order to "find friends" I must sign into facebook which I don't want.

• Visitor
  • My friend's list isn't showing anyone, but I can still see the people I am following in settings. In order to "find friends" I must sign into facebook which I don't want.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friends
    Social
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyway to turn off recommended albums

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceCustom built PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAnyway to turn off the recomended albums section so that singular saved songs will appear along with saved albums in the albums section?

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Custom built PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Anyway to turn off the recomended albums section so that singular saved son...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! Does saving an album not go towards the 10,000 library limit with new update?

PlanPremiumCountryusaI listen to music by the album, before this update I had hit the library limit and decided that a good way to keep albums in my library would be to save a single song from them so they appeared in the album section. After this up...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country usa I listen to music by the album, before this update I had hit the library limit and decided that a good way to keep albums in my library would be to save a single ...
  • mugg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop and Iphone 8Operating SystemIOS 12.1.2Windows 10 My Question or IssueThis problem started happening today and this only pops up for one "song" so far. Trying to listen to Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" bu...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop and Iphone 8 Operating System IOS 12.1.2 Windows 10   My Question or Issue This problem started happening today and this only pops up...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error al reproducir cierta cancion.

Tengo Spotify en mi pc con windows 10 y en mi telefono samsung a9 y desde la PC me da este error con una cancion y desde el movil no me reproduce dicha cancion, Ya revise la configuracion y no encuentro una posible solucion. "No es posible reproducir...

• Tengo Spotify en mi pc con windows 10 y en mi telefono samsung a9 y desde la PC me da este error con una cancion y desde el movil no me reproduce dicha cancion, Ya revise la configuracion y no encuen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs won't play, and now are not appearing

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, so I've been looking at many solutions and answer regarding my issue.. None have worked. So for awhile, my songs on spotify (Only on PC) would play, then after 4 seconds j...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, so I've been looking at many solutions and answer regarding my issue.. None have worked. So for...
  • cadill
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

This weeks Release Radar is literally almost 2/3 unplayable :(

Edit: This issue has solved itself (or a ninja edit from someone behind the scenes at Spotify). All tracks are now playable. Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: Desktop ClientOperating System: Windows 10 With the latest release of my Release Radar...

• Regular
  • Edit: This issue has solved itself (or a ninja edit from someone behind the scenes at Spotify). All tracks are now playable.    Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device: D...
  • Arikabeth
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music stops playing after 30 seconds

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music stops playing after 30 seconds
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

One second intervals when song is played

Hi guys! I'm having a little problem since 2 days, with my app on the laptop (lenovo, windows 10). So, when I turn on any song, it has little breaks for every 5 or 10 seconds, like it's turning on again. It's strange that this issue is only on my lap...

• Hi guys! I'm having a little problem since 2 days, with my app on the laptop (lenovo, windows 10). So, when I turn on any song, it has little breaks for every 5 or 10 seconds, like it's turning on ag...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved artists not appearing on new device

PlanPremiumDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have just downloaded spotify on to my new laptop and logged into my existing account only to discover that the artists tab on my library is empty. All music appears to be un...

• Plan Premium Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have just downloaded spotify on to my new laptop and logged into my existing account only to discover...
  • Jomaki
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to select & play multiroom using Sonos devices?

Using Spotify on Windows Desktop, I can see my Sonos zones as targets, but how can I group the zones while using Spotify (works fine in Sonos app, but no Spotify searching functionality of course thru Sonos)

• Using Spotify on Windows Desktop, I can see my Sonos zones as targets, but how can I group the zones while using Spotify (works fine in Sonos app, but no Spotify searching functionality of course thr...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

1 Playlist not connecting to Sonos device

PlanPremiumCountryUS or New ZealandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use Spotify basically every day as I work from home. Have 3 main playlists that I use. I connect to Sonos speakers.Have 1 playlist called Pop Collection. Just...

• Plan Premium Country US or New Zealand Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use Spotify basically every day as I work from home. Have 3 main playlists that I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify (UWP) crashes when inserting heaphones while playing song

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceCustom built PCOperating SystemWindows 10 1903Spotify 1.109.383.0My Question or IssueWhenever I am playing a song and plug in headphones to the headphone jack of my computer, Spotify crashes. Maybe it gets confused when an ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Custom built PC Operating System Windows 10 1903 Spotify 1.109.383.0 My Question or Issue Whenever I am playing a song and plug in headphones to the headphon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crashes
    crashing
    Issues
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes