Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 17 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Frustration: You can't "save" an album without saving every single song on the favorite song list

You can't "save" an album without saving every single song on the favorite song list. Saved albums shouldn't be visible in the "Songs", since we would like to use that for single songs only. Please Spotify remedy this. I wanted to post this in ideas ...

• Regular
  • You can't "save" an album without saving every single song on the favorite song list. Saved albums shouldn't be visible in the "Songs", since we would like to use that for single songs only. Please S...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • album
    songs
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Music stops playing

PlanFreeCountryNew ZealandDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI am absolutely at my wits end here. I recently did an update for my spotify that forced the program to instantly close whenever it would try to boot it up. Eventual...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country New Zealand Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I am absolutely at my wits end here. I recently did an update for my spotify that...
  • Yohara
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Taskbar on wrong screen

PlanPremiumCountryCZDeviceThinkPad W550sOperating SystemWin 10 (latest) My Question or IssueSpotify shows the taskbar icon on the wrong screen on a multi-monitor setup. So I have 3 screens. One is notebook's, second and third are external (thru DP). ...

• Plan Premium Country CZ Device ThinkPad W550s Operating System Win 10 (latest)   My Question or Issue Spotify shows the taskbar icon on the wrong screen on a multi-monitor setup. &nbs...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

No dislike/don't play button on win10?

PlanFreeCountry DeviceDell Latitude E6410Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere appears to be absolutely no way to dislike or stop a song from playing in my daily mix on the windows 10 client. I've had a few songs I'd rather never hear ...

• Plan Free Country   Device Dell Latitude E6410 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There appears to be absolutely no way to dislike or stop a song from playing in m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist partially downloaded

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceHP Pavilion (Desktop)Operating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or IssueI'm trying to play the contents of a playlist but from what it seems even when I click the download button and the green button appears on the left (indicatin...

• Plan Free Country US Device HP Pavilion (Desktop) Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue I'm trying to play the contents of a playlist but from what it seems even when I c...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[ISSUE] Account ID Name Converted To Random Numbers [Post-Facebook Connect Reactivation]

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 8.1 64-Bit, Spotify My Question or IssueAfter the reactivation of my Facebook connection to Spotify, my account username changed to random numbers (1112832207). If I log out, and lo...

• Plan Free Country United Kingdom Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Spotify   My Question or Issue After the reactivation of my Facebook connection to Spotify, my a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will not stay paused

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLenovo X1 carbon (6th gen)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor some strange reason, Spotify will not remain paused unless I am playing a video. I will pause directly from the desktop application and within 15 ...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Lenovo X1 carbon (6th gen) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For some strange reason, Spotify will not remain paused unless I...
  • sesame22
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes

Self playing track

I have a track that keeps playing itself when a completely different album. Typically, it starts after the first track of the album has been played. I have not selected it. The random track was played but this was weeks ago. Has anyone else experienc...

• Gig Goer
  • I have a track that keeps playing itself when a completely different album. Typically, it starts after the first track of the album has been played.   I have not selected it. The random track ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • self playing track
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify keeps connecting with other devices

CountryPolandDeviceHuawei P10 liteOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueFor about a week, my Spotify keeps turning ON by itself. Even during the phone calls. Also it connects with other devices, which are not even at my house. I can tell, b...

• Country Poland Device Huawei P10 lite Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue For about a week, my Spotify keeps turning ON by itself. Even during the phone calls. Also ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't play current song

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDevicePC/LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was having issues with my old account so I canceled my subscription and made a new one. Everything seemed to be working correctly the first time I logged in, when...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Greece Device PC/Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I was having issues with my old account so I canceled my subscription and made a new one...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Simple Question - I think

On my artist page under "About" I see I have 18 followers. But when I click on my name (Profile) in the top right hand corner, under "Followers", it shows only one person. Is this because the other 17 chose to follow anonymously? If so, how can I fol...

• Casual Listener
  • On my artist page under "About" I see I have 18 followers. But when I click on my name (Profile) in the top right hand corner, under "Followers", it shows only one person. Is this because the other 1...
  • grixww-4s6_2v
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify can't play this song right now. if u have the file on your computer you can import it

PlanFreeCountrysingaporeDeviceoppoOperating System Android My Question or Issuespotify can't play this song right now. if u have the file on your computer you can import it i wanted to play my favourite song: in your atmosphere by john mayer and it s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country singapore Device oppo Operating System Android    My Question or Issue spotify can't play this song right now. if u have the file on your computer you can im...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play songs on webplayer

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am unable to play songs on webplayer on Chrome. I can't download the app as it is a works c...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am un...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify CLOSES when LOGGING IN.

Have a problem on the laptop. ASUS Zenbook - Windows 10 Home Spotify closes completely without error message right away when I press Enter, after entering the correct password. If I write the wrong password I will get an error message as usual if the...

• Have a problem on the laptop. ASUS Zenbook - Windows 10 Home   Spotify closes completely without error message right away when I press Enter, after entering the correct password. If I write th...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • close
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows and Android Apps are not synced.

PlanFree Country DeviceMoto G4 Plus Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.1.0 My Question or IssueI am running Spotify on Windows 10, where I'm not able to see the songs favorited on my mobile device. But the songs favorited on the Windows app are reflected...

• Plan Free   Country   Device Moto G4 Plus   Operating System Android Oreo 8.1.0   My Question or Issue I am running Spotify on Windows 10, where I'm not able to see th...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song stops playing after 1 second.

PlanPremium CountryMalaysia DeviceLaptop Window Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently I tried to fix this problem from a lot of ways, but seems all can't work. I've tried the delete block in hosts file, but in my hosts file didn't a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Malaysia   Device Laptop Window   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently I tried to fix this problem from a lot of ways, b...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking on album art selects incorrect playlist item

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen playing a playlist clicking on the album art of the current song typically takes me to the item in the playlist so I can move/edit/etc the song. Today I have been exper...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When playing a playlist clicking on the album art of the current song typically takes me to the i...
  • edroche
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bought premium but it's still spotify free

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceWindows 10, AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10, Android My Question or IssueI bought the 1 euro for 3 months deal money went out of my bank account but i'm still having spotify free.

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Windows 10, Android Operating System Windows 10, Android   My Question or Issue I bought the 1 euro for 3 months deal money went out of ...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does Spotify say that there is no Internet connection when there is one (Windows)?

Why does Spotify say that there is no Internet connection when there is one (Windows)?Plan PremiumCountrySwedenDevicePC TabletOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhy does Spotify say that there is no Internet connection when there is one (W...

• Why does Spotify say that there is no Internet connection when there is one (Windows)? Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Tablet Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Why ...
  • Arikabeth
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

the music stops

Tengo un problema en spotify y es este lo que pone en la imagen PlanFreeCountryspainDevice Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue

• Tengo un problema en spotify y es este lo que pone en la imagen  Plan Free Country spain Device   Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes