Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When copying a playlist several songs are lost

When copying a playlist several songs are lost

I copied a playlist, but I think that a previous version of the playlist was copied, and now I have lost many songs on that playlist. It has happened many times. I try to copy a certain playlist, but after looking at the copied playlist a moment later, it does not have the songs on it that it should've copied, but seems to be copying an older version of the playlist. In this case, I was trying to make a copy of a playlist so it could be preserved while I made changes to the original playlist. But now it is not preserved and that old playlist is gone. Is there a way I could fix this or find a previous version of that playlist (the original) somewhere before I changed it thinking it would be preserved by the copy I made?

1 Reply

Hey @AlexandraHawes 

How are you making your copies?

You can create a duplicate of any playlist, which you can edit to your liking. In the Desktop app, click Ctrl - A within the playlist you want to copy to select all the tracks.

Next, right click and Add to playlist should appear. You can add them to an existing playlist, or create a new one.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts