Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

2 problems when playing spotify from PC to an echo dot alexa

Hi. Got 2 problems when I use spotify from a W7 PC to an echo dot. -taskbar icon doesn't show artist/song info while playing. (see attach) -can't change the playlist while playing music in the echo dot via PC. I have to stop current song and then swi...

• Hi.   Got 2 problems when I use spotify from a W7 PC to an echo dot.   -taskbar icon doesn't show artist/song info while playing. (see attach)   -can't change the playlist while ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect is stuck

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceDesktop PC, iPhone 7Plus , iPadOperating SystemiOS12 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueMy PC only partially recognizes my mobile devices.But every time I open Spotify he shows me the same song that is played by my PC. Althou...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Desktop PC, iPhone 7Plus , iPad Operating System iOS12 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue My PC only partially recognizes my mobile devices. But ...
  • pson
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved

PlanFreeCountryPortugalDeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Solved

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Portugal Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Solved
  • chad28
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Library View - Artists

My Question or Issue.. hi - i've recently started having problems with my Spotify Library. This issue effects all platforms: Windows, Browser and Android. When I choose the 'Your Library: Artist View' I only get a partial list of the Artists in my Li...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue..   hi - i've recently started having problems with my Spotify Library. This issue effects all platforms: Windows, Browser and Android. When I choose the 'Your Library: Ar...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Clicking artist cover takes you to wrong song when listing alphabetically

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindows Desktop (happens on various models including a custom built desktop Dell laptop and HP laptop).Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhile sorting my playlists alphabetically I can't click the artist cover ...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Windows Desktop (happens on various models including a custom built desktop Dell laptop and HP laptop). Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcasts disappearing from followed list

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceHuawei p20 liteOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSome of the podcasts I follow have disappeared from my podcasts page

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Huawei p20 lite Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some of the podcasts I follow have disappeared from my podcasts pa...
  • _andy_b
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen any music

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueDon't know why, my spotify doesn't load any playlist or music for some reason, it shows, the playlists are empty, but i don't think so that, the USA TOP50 is empty. Any c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Don't know why, my spotify doesn't load any playlist or music for some reason, it shows, the p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Move playlist in which song is active?

Hello, I would like to know is there a way or option to move your playlist automatically or manually to song that is playing right now? I have multiple playlists that have somecases couple hundred songs, and it's irritating to scrolling up and down a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I would like to know is there a way or option to move your playlist automatically or manually to song that is playing right now?   I have multiple playlists that have somecases...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connected apps (Lastfm, Discord) no longer working

This hasn't been working for weeks and it's been driving me insane. Discord randomly stopped showing what I'm listening to and Lastfm randomly stopped scrobbling. There's a tempoary solution to deleting Spotify again then redownloading but it stops w...

• Casual Listener
  • This hasn't been working for weeks and it's been driving me insane. Discord randomly stopped showing what I'm listening to and Lastfm randomly stopped scrobbling. There's a tempoary solution to delet...
  • dlwuik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Status on Discord won't update

Whenever I'm playing a song on Spotify, and the song ends and switches to another, the Discord status that says "Listening to Spotify" will not update to the current song, and will display the previous song that had already ended, unless I'm tabbed o...

• Whenever I'm playing a song on Spotify, and the song ends and switches to another, the Discord status that says "Listening to Spotify" will not update to the current song, and will display the previo...
  • aziziothmanMY
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

unable to make playlist as public

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHello, I'm unable to set my playlists as public. By default, Spotify says it's public, but in menu of each playlist, I don't have the option "make public/private".I tried t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country France Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hello, I'm unable to set my playlists as public. By default, Spotify says it's public, but in menu of e...
  • Regular
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

My Artists tab is empty

Plan: PremiumCountry: Bulgaria Device: PCOperating System: Windows 10 Hello everyone, recently I noticed that my Artists tab on my desktop app is empty. When I click on it it prompts me to go to Browse to find "amazing artists", when I have hundreds ...

• Plan: Premium Country: Bulgaria   Device: PC Operating System: Windows 10   Hello everyone, recently I noticed that my Artists tab on my desktop app is empty. When...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Blank podcast window

Plan: Family PremiumCountry: Japan Device: Desktop My Question or IssueI was excited to hear my favorite podcast on my descktop, but every time I try to access my podcast list, all I see is a blank page. Desktop podcast not yet released?

• Visitor
  • Plan: Family Premium Country: Japan   Device: Desktop   My Question or Issue I was excited to hear my favorite podcast on my descktop, but every time I try to access my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestion in 'Liked songs' list

Operating SystemWindows 10 My QuestionIs it possible to add a sorting system to the favourites (Liked sogs on pc) like fr instance in sorting favourites alphabetically?

• Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question Is it possible to add a sorting system to the favourites (Liked sogs on pc) like fr instance in sorting favourites alphabetically?
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Character username

When I created my account I got assigned a username with random characters and numbers. Changing it on this website here apparently had no effect as it still displays the same username on my account. How do I get a human-readable username? Edit: the ...

• Visitor
  • When I created my account I got assigned a username with random characters and numbers.   Changing it on this website here apparently had no effect as it still displays the same username on my...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"no es posible reproducir la canción actual" windows 10 4/5/19

Hola, necesito ayuda.Mi spotify premium me deja reproducir 8 segundos de canción y después ya no puedes escuchar más y me da este mensaje de error: no es posible reproducir la canción actual.He hecho todo. Lo he desinstalado y vuelto a instalar 5 vec...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, necesito ayuda. Mi spotify premium me deja reproducir 8 segundos de canción y después ya no puedes escuchar más y me da  este mensaje de error: no es posible reproducir la canción ac...
  • urbanosv
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop app freezes and crashes PC

Premium user, running desktop app on Windows 10. The desktop app is garbage. It does not play nice with any other software on my PC. If I'm running anything any more resource intensive than my web browser, then 9 times out of 10, the desktop app lock...

• Premium user, running desktop app on Windows 10.   The desktop app is garbage. It does not play nice with any other software on my PC. If I'm running anything any more resource intensive than ...
  • jordn613
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

Defect: Sorting operates differently on Windows and iOS

When sorting a playlist by Artist on Windows 10 Desktop, “The” in an artist name is ignored. When sorting on iOS, “The” is included. Example: Windows 10: “The Bouncing Souls” appear between “AFI” and “Circa Survive” iOS: “The Bouncing Souls appear be...

• Roadie
  • When sorting a playlist by Artist on Windows 10 Desktop, “The” in an artist name is ignored. When sorting on iOS, “The” is included.   Example:   Windows 10: “The Bouncing Souls” appear...
  • ACAx1985
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists empty in desktop version

PlanFreeCountryARDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI reinstalled the desktop app, and when I logged in, all my playlists were there, but empty (including collaborative and those pinned from other users). However, if I log in on th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country AR Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I reinstalled the desktop app, and when I logged in, all my playlists were there, but empty (including ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Last.fm not scrobbling

My spotify plays won't scrobble to Last.fm. I get that it usually doesn't work on the Spotify desktop app, but I've been playing music from open.spotify.com. I've disconnected my account and reconnected several times, even removing access first from ...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify plays won't scrobble to Last.fm. I get that it usually doesn't work on the Spotify desktop app, but I've been playing music from open.spotify.com. I've disconnected my account and reconnec...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes