Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"song not available", but it is on app and web player

Solved!

"song not available", but it is on app and web player

As the title says, I get the message that some of the songs are not available when played on the Spotify program on Windows Desktop, but they are when played on the Android app or Web Player. An example is "Weight lof love" by The Black Keys, which I couldn't play on the computer but I'm currently listening to on the Web Player.

I tried clearing the cache, I updated to the latest version and I have a Premium subscription (that's also why it annoys me). What else can I do and why does it happen?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved it and I feel really stupid.

I disinstalled the program and downloaded and installed it again, and now it works. I recently upgrated to Windows 10 so that might have been the issue with the program? I don't know but @LGVan and @n8keenkean, try it and it might help you too!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I'm having the same problem. Songs that are available, and play fine on my Android devices but say "song not available" using desktop app (Windows 10). Weird and annoying.

Adding to the "I'm premium why the F can't I play anything on my desktop?" group. Arrg.

Hello @itsohsoironic,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried restarting your device? This seems to be a solution for this problem at the moment.

Marked as solution

I solved it and I feel really stupid.

I disinstalled the program and downloaded and installed it again, and now it works. I recently upgrated to Windows 10 so that might have been the issue with the program? I don't know but @LGVan and @n8keenkean, try it and it might help you too!

Suggested posts