Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

try to play music and says can't play right now

try to play music and says can't play right now

been like this for over a week i have tried uninstalling and reinstall restart computer then download and everything please help
3 Replies

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time and reaching out to us here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this. We'd like to take a closer look into this so that you can use Spotify like you wish to.

Can you start with performing a clean reinstall of the app?  This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Another useful step to try is to remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

We hope that the troubleshooting above will sort this out. However, if you still need help we're always one reply away.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the same issue. Performing a clean reinstall did not fix the issue, and there was nothing within the hosts file when opened in Notepad.

Hi there @BlackjackM,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for trying the troubleshooting steps out.

Can you restart your router to see if the issue persists?

If that doesn't make any difference, can you try to play Spotify from the web player and see if it works?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts