Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customer Service

Solved!

Customer Service

I find it ridiculous that I'm paying a monthly subscription and spotify doesn't have a customer support line. I have Spotify premium and when I logged in on my phone just now I'm told I need spotify premium to stream content. I have more than sufficient funds on my card and was using spotify premium no more than a few days ago. I'm paying money for this and I don't want to wait for a solution online. I want to be able to talk to a human and have this problem fixed immediately.
111 Replies

Weird! In that case I would suggest you get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to check this out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue as well. About a month ago I signed up for the free-trial thinking I would just cancel it before it was over. Two days ago I went to the "Account" page and clicked the links for unsubscribing. However, after doing so two things did not happen that were supposed to happen. 1. I was not asked for my password when I clicked the "Cancel" button and instead it just said that I had unsubscribed. This brings me to 2. Even though it said I had unsubscribed, when I open Spotify it still says "Spotify Premium", and I still have all the premium features. When I go back to my account on the webpage it says I am still subscribed. I have tried countless times to unsubscribe yet nothing works. I have already filled out two of those forms you recommend for payment problems but I have had no replies and the last day of my free-trial is today. I would not like to be charged for a service that I never intended to pay for and I would definitely not like to be charged because of a mistake on Spotify's part. Please reply to my emails or fix this problem ASAP as I do NOT want to pay $11 for a service that I do not use or pay any money at all to a business that does not care about its customers.

@Suendler -- you have a few support cases open in our system, all of which are in the right queue. Someone'll be in touch as soon as possible to help out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hello. I have been using Spotify premium for some time now and I really enjoy it. Unfortunately all of the music on my iPhone was mysteriously deleted. I tried updating my desktop version to see if I could resync the playlists but it wouldn't let me. So then I deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled the newer (current) version. The music still is not back on my phone, and I can't even listen to anything through the "account" section that has all of my playlists listed. I have asked for help on the forums and have not gotten anything helpful. If someone could please help me, I don't want to have to cancel my service, I want this app to work. Thanks.

Hello,

My family created an account for them to use, and I am being charged monthly for it....however somehow we got logged out on our phones, and I don't remember what e-mail address we used to create the account now. It's been a long time since we logged in, because it was just always automatically logged in for us. I want to keep the service I just want help in figuring out what e-mail address we used to create the account. Is there someone I could talk to so I could give them the card info I use to pay for it, and maybe someone could find my account info for me? I have no way to log into my account or even cancel that account and make a new one without my log in info. 

What should I do?

Thanks!

@Jlwils005 - Have you ever used the account on the desktop Spotify or only on your phones?

Peter

Just our phones, I checked all the comptuers to see if anyone had logged into any of them.

Really irratated that my phone now says I have to have premium to stream and listen to music on my phone! Ihave had spotify for over a year and now im having issues. I want to either know how ot fix this or cancel my subscription.

@jraddon - What phone are you using and what country are you in?

Peter

I am having the same issue.  I got a 6 month gift subscription and upon activating it, it still says I am on Spotify Free and not premium, I even got a receipt in my email.  When I try to use the same link, it says the the code has already been used.  Numerous attempts to contact customer support but all the replies are prepackaged and unhelpful, and there is no phone number to call.   There must be someone living who can help out, if not I am going to try to get money back.

@frances9783 - Are you logging in using the username in the receipt email?

If the receipt has a 10-digit number as the username, you have redeemed the gift card on a Spotify account tied to your Facebook details.

Peter

Hi everyone. So my problem is that I`ve got a permium subscription for a month during a promotion that said that i will get +2 months free. But when i look at the subscription end date it says that it will end after the month that i have payed and i didn`t ger my free 2 months . So I`m asking if there is a manual way to fix it ot something cause this is super rediculous.
Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you weren't eligible for the summer deal as you have previously used a spotify promotion or have previously had premium or unlimited. There would have been a warning when you applied but you can get in touch with the account team here and they'll check. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it and you'll hear back shortly.

I'm trying to locate my playlists that no longer appear under my music.  I followed all the necessary steps to recover and the playlists are unavailable to recover.  Please help.  Playlist names: Wedding Playlist and GtG.

Done!
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

SPOTIFY TEAM PLEASE HELP! I had been using spotify premium for months with a large amount of custom playlists.. I got a new phone and Spotify will no longer recognize me as a premium user - My playlists are gone, I cant pick and choose what I want to listen to AND I am still being charged as if I am a premium user!!!! This is unfair and really aggrivating! I am paying for services not received!!! Please help me solve this issue and revocer my playlists!

-Tim

@timk4888 - Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. The username of the account you have upgraded is shown in the email receipt/confirmation. You need to log in using that username unless it is a number in which case you need to log in using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account or you have subscribed on the incorrect account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

I can't cancel my Spotify premium. I follow the steps and get to the last page where it says verify your account through Facebook to confirm but I don't know how to do that. Is there supposed to be a link or an enter-your-password-to-cancel button? I tried going through Facebook but all that did was pull up my Spotify app. What's going on here? I don't want to pay for another month.

I can't cancel my Spotify premium. I follow the steps and get to the last page where it says verify your account through Facebook to confirm but I don't know how to do that. Is there supposed to be a link or an enter-your-password-to-cancel button? I tried going through Facebook but all that did was pull up my Spotify app. What's going on here? I don't want to pay for another month.

My spotify renews today and I don't want it anymore. Does spotify have any cusomer support? I need this fixed!!!

Suggested posts