Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP, I´VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

Solved!

HELP, I´VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

HELLO, Could anybody help me? I´ve forgotten my password and I don´t know how to get it again, Anybody knows if it´s possible?? and how to do it?

thanks a lot

134 Replies

I have forgotten my password, but the link above only directs me to the "Edit profile page" where I can reset the password, but only if I remember the old one, which I dont. Seems to be an endless loop... Please help!

Marked as solution

Log out then go to log back in and in the login box, click on "forgot your password" to get to the password recovery page. If you use a facebook login, you need to go to facebook.com and get a password reset there.

I really need a moderator - i have forgotten my password. I submit my email, which I am told is not connected to an account. This is, of course, the same email where I get Spotify alerts. Not OK, Spotify. Not OK.

@johnrossbowie - Have you tried entering your Spotify username on the reset page insteaad of your email address? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Need help !!! Please

To confirm the new password they ask me the old one.

Doesn´t make sense, because I,ve lost it !!!

Does any body can help?

Thanks

Hey @pabloboludo 🙂 

It sounds like you are still signed into the Spotify website. 

Try the following:

1. Go to https://www.spotify.com/uk/password-reset/

2. If you get redirected to your "Profile" click on your name at the top and select Log Out.

3. Go to https://www.spotify.com/uk/password-reset/ again and you should be able to reset.

Peter

Fool of me...

I didn´t realize that I was logged trying to change the pass.

Thank you very much!!!

(Impressive how fast you answer...)

@pabloboludo wrote:

Fool of me...

I didn´t realize that I was logged trying to change the pass.

Thank you very much!!!

(Impressive how fast you answer...)

Sometimes community is faster than Spotify support - Win for us!

(and we don't work for Spotify!)

Peter

Peter

Whatis that all about...You get emails to tell you albums available and when you search them out no sign of them apart from in your notifications...total BS...

hey guys. i seem to have 2 spotify premium accounts. one of which i use but the other one i have no clue about.
and everymonth i get double charges. how do i go about shutting down the account that is not in use?

@caine7 - Can you play the album if you use the link in the notification? Sometimes it can take a little time for the artist and album pages to update. 

@TheKnazman - If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get that sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Hi Sam

The only problem with that link is that after you create a new password, it then asks you to enter your existing password. But the whole point of doing it is because I've forgotten my existing password. How do I reset a new password without having to enter my previous password?

Thanks in advance.

PASSWORD_RESET

Answered my own question. To reset your password:

1. Log out of Spotify.

2. Attempt to log in, then click the link that says "Forgot your password?"

3. Enter your username or email address, and receive a link to reset the password.

4. Go to your email, click the link to reset, then create a new password.

That should do it.

@jamie...I'm having issues logging into my spotify account. Truth be told, I forgot my password. I followed the steps via the spotify help page but in order to change my password I need to have my original password...so if you're like me and have forgotten your original password..you're in trouble. What should I do?

@willowdale wrote:

@Jamie...I'm having issues logging into my spotify account. Truth be told, I forgot my password. I followed the steps via the spotify help page but in order to change my password I need to have my original password...so if you're like me and have forgotten your original password..you're in trouble. What should I do?

To get a password reset:
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
2. If you get redirected to your online profile (where you need to current password to make the change), you are still logged into the website. Click on your name at the top and choose Log Out.
3. Return to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and you should be able to request a reset.

Peter

I've forgotten my password... When I go to make a new one, I still need the old one to be able to change it...

HELP??

Just follow the steps @Peter__ posted above to get a password reset email sent to you.

Hi there,

I've just reformatted my laptop and had to redownload Spotify. Tried logging in under my Premium account username 'maylim92', but i couldn't and i requested for my password but it was never sent to my email. I've checked the junk folders, waited it out but nothing came up. When i tried logging in with the only email i would've linked my Spotify account, 'maylim92@gmail.com', it says it's connected to my Facebook account and i can change my password there. However, when i tried doing that, it led me to the pop-up page that enquires if I'm a new user or if I've already got an account, and then I'm back to square one. Please help!!

May

@maylim92 - Get in touch with support using this form and they will be able to lend a hand to get that password reset for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I may be looking at this wrong..

I forgot my password, when I go to change my password it asks for my old password. How can I do this if I don't remember it.

Robert

Suggested posts