Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP, I´VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

Solved!

HELP, I´VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

HELLO, Could anybody help me? I´ve forgotten my password and I don´t know how to get it again, Anybody knows if it´s possible?? and how to do it?

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Log out then go to log back in and in the login box, click on "forgot your password" to get to the password recovery page. If you use a facebook login, you need to go to facebook.com and get a password reset there.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @suectoo,

This link should work fine, it doesn't ask for your old password. 

https://www.spotify.com/us/password-reset/

Just fill in your username or e-mail and you should receive an email with a reset link.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Marked as solution

I've forgot my password and I don't have that email and the account isn't connected to Facebook and my premium is used with this and I can't get back in somebody help me please

134 Replies

Hey!

Not to worry, you can set up a nice new password here: http://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

If you have any trouble, just come back to me.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

THANKS A LOT, IT HAS WORKED.

THANKS FOR ANSWERING SO QUICKLY.

Hi, 

I also forgot my password to my premium spottily.

And when I sent my e-mail address I didn't get a e-mail. Have tried this three times (on three different days).

So IL tried to log in by facebook. And then I have a free spottily account also..

So how can I have two accounts in the same e-mail address?

And how will I get to my password to my premium account?

Please help meeeeee....

TX

Hi Brodde - I believe you were having some trouble because you had two accounts with us. 

I've removed that duplciate made through your Facebook. Please give that reset another go for me. 

Hello!!!Please someone help me!!I would like to get a premium account but I can't proceed to payment because I need to reset the password which I forgot; and when I send my email to get a reset link it doesn't come!!!!I've done it for a long time without getting an email back!I've always checked my spam section just in case but nothing!!!I can't make payment loging in with facebook!!!I think my account was created before this feature was updated!!Please advise and explain why this happens to people waiting all the time for an email in vain! Thanks

Hi moonlight15 - First please be sure you check your spam filter first. Sometimes our messages get stuck in there. 

Secondly, have you tried just entering your 'moonlite15' username into the password reset box? Try entering that instead of your email address. 

https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

I believe mine is the same way.  I have an account on a personal computer(free) and later bought an Ipad and had to have premium.  I purchased it and it has long since run out as this was a while ago.  So I have my pad again and just purchased premium and all i get on the pad is free.  Forgot my password as well and no email

On the premium I unistalled and then reinstalled.  It updated and I have premium on my pad this moment; still dont know myy password.  Lets hope I don't forget my facebood password

@garyjamesclark wrote:

On the premium I unistalled and then reinstalled.  It updated and I have premium on my pad this moment; still dont know myy password.  Lets hope I don't forget my facebood password

Glad you are at least using your account. 🙂 

If you need a password reset manually, get in touch using this form and a member of the team will be able to help you out. If you get an automated email reply, just reply directly to it and that will ensure your case reaches an advisor. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi! I have the same problem as "Brodde", would love some fast help 🙂

Love/ Victor

Hey Victor,

I can only find one account registered to your e-mail address on our system. Are you logging in with your username and the corresponding password? If this isn't working, as your account is connected to Facebook, logging in with your Facebook credentials should do the trick.

Give this a go and let us know how you get on 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi , that would appear to be the home page - how does that help?

Yeah, the links to reset your password now redirects you to the Spotify homepage.

I created my account through Facebook and yet when i enter my facebook credentials, it tells me my password is wrong.

If your account is connected to facebook, you need to login using your facebook credentials, either by clicking the login with facebook button or by entering the email address/password you use for facebook. If that doesn't work, go to your facebook account settings where you can change your password or request a password reset.

@Hoodie_Weather wrote:

Yeah, the links to reset your password now redirects you to the Spotify homepage.

I created my account through Facebook and yet when i enter my facebook credentials, it tells me my password is wrong.

I have done all of these things. The password is not working.

I keep getting this message

"Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again."

I have verified everything is working and my credit card is good to go. But it is stuck in this loop.  And unlike many Americans, I only have one credit card.

@Hoodie_Weather wrote:

I keep getting this message

"Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again."

I have verified everything is working and my credit card is good to go. But it is stuck in this loop.  And unlike many Americans, I only have one credit card.

Hey 🙂 

Does your card meet all of the requirements outlined in this help page

Peter

Peter

I would imagine so. It is the same card that had my Premium account on for the last several months.

@Hoodie_Weather wrote:

I would imagine so. It is the same card that had my Premium account on for the last several months.

In that case I would drop the payments team an email here and see if they can do anything to "tweak" your account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts