Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP, I´VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

Solved!

HELP, I´VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD

HELLO, Could anybody help me? I´ve forgotten my password and I don´t know how to get it again, Anybody knows if it´s possible?? and how to do it?

thanks a lot

134 Replies

@Rassack - In that case I think Spotify support are going to need to lend a hand to help you track down your old account. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dear sirs in my haste in applying for premium and setting up with PayPal I put in misspelt email address also have forgotten password which when I go to the link for forgotten password I have to know it in order to change it!! I have contacted customer service but as yet no reply can I cancel my subscription via PayPal or my bank in order that I may reinstate it correctly? Many thanks in anticipation

I'm trying to cancel my subscription but need to type my password in order to confirm, which I've forgotten. The link to email me my password doesn't work and just sends me to the "adjust profile" page. No email in my inbox or my junk mail.

Can you please help me?

@VincentHarlock - You are still logged into the website which is why the reset link isn't working. Click on your name at the top and log out then try again.

@pauldonnelly - Did you get an automated email reply when you got in touch with support? If not, I think the replies will most likely go to the incorrect email address on your account. If that is the case open another case here and then reply directly to the automated email (eve if it says not to) and a member of the team will be in touch to lend a hand:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Peter

Sorry mate none the wiser open another case where? The link attached or this forum? Because when I go to the link I don't know if all my information is as I put it in having been too much in haste for your excellent service can someone not just correct and contact me on paulmartindonnelly@gmail.com to discuss sorry only started using mobile recently so not too techno thanks

Unfortunately that's not something we can do from the community since the majority of us don't work for Spotify. By open another case I meant fill in the form again at the link in my post, that form allows you to enter the correct email address to make sure the replies will get to you.

Peter

Tried filling in this form with correct email but keeps telling me email is invalid please help

Strange, does the email have any special symbols in it?

Peter

I am in a pickle mate all day can't get any success I have put an extra letter on my email so that's wrong and I can't remember my password so I need to have one of these every link I go to driving me nuts is there no simple way I can cancel my subscription and start again!?

Ps thanks for taking the time to answer my query

@pauldonnelly - You will need to open a case with the Spotify accounts team as they will need to lend a hand to get you back to your account after verifying a few security details:

Peter

You cannot create a new password with that link if you've forgotten your password as you need your old password to reset.  There is no "ive forgotten my password" "Help" on this site. Any suggestions. I can't be the only one that has forgotten their password. 

Marked as solution

Hi @suectoo,

This link should work fine, it doesn't ask for your old password. 

https://www.spotify.com/us/password-reset/

Just fill in your username or e-mail and you should receive an email with a reset link.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Worked!  Thanks so much!

I just got spotify on my PC. I have a premium account on my iphone which is connected to my Facebook account. I managed to get my Facebook acount signed in on my PC version as all my songs are there, but if i go onto offline mode it asks me to choose between the options "Im new to spotify" and "i already have an account." I select the second option and am asked for a username and password, after searching through emails i found my 10 digit username but i dont know my password nor do i remember setting one. If i select "forgot password" it takes me to my account settings and to change password i need my old password... please help.

@1231830417 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I am asking a question for a friend who cant log in to the Community because she has forgotten her user name and password.

When she tries to login with Facebook, she gets the following error message:
It looks like you already have a Spotify account with the email ...@gmail.com. Please login below.

Since she no longer knows her user name and password, she tries to reset her password using: https://www.spotify.com/uk/password-reset and enter her Gmail account, but she gets the following:
It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.

Thank you in advance.

@narkose 

I suggest you have her use the form to contact support so they can help

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hello, I feel like I must be missing something very obvious here, but I have completely forgotten my password and have tried the link that you've provided, and it just takes me to a page where I can edit all of my details (email, postcode, phone number etc). It mentions nothing about my password!

@mcfrancie 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts