Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How are you allowed to not have a customer service phone number to call

Solved!

How are you allowed to not have a customer service phone number to call

The first time i bought spotify was last month, I was charged twice, i wanted to contact spotify through the phone so that i could notify them of this and hopefully fix this problem, it was a hassle looking for it and I didn't care enough to pursue the problem. Today however, my card was charged, I was expecting this as I allowed payments to continue to be made every month automatically, however, when i open spotify it is no longer premium, and i have commercials, lower sound quality, and no offline playlist mode. I searched again for a number to call, however all I found were threads with moderators saying that users should ontact spotify through messges and emails and such. How can you possibly be running a globl business without a simple customer service line? This is obviously one of the prefered ways to deal with a service error for most people, why are you avoiding this Spotify? It is VERY inconvinient for me and I don't think I'll be upgrading from this point forth, I will call my credit card company and notify them for this error, because they, like most companies that take themselves seriously, have a number for me to call.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello.

We feel that we are able to serve customers better via a computerised service - E-Mail, twitter and forums like this. However, this is something we have discussed rather a lot.

But I digress. I've taken a look at your account and it seems that there are two accounts linked to your email address. We should be able to get this sorted fairly quickly, but we would need to confirm some security details first. Pop along an email to us over at our contact form, and then let me know when you've done it below. I'll ensure it gets to the correct department. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Someone hacked my acct and I can't get in touch with anyone to stop this this is making me very mad..

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello.

We feel that we are able to serve customers better via a computerised service - E-Mail, twitter and forums like this. However, this is something we have discussed rather a lot.

But I digress. I've taken a look at your account and it seems that there are two accounts linked to your email address. We should be able to get this sorted fairly quickly, but we would need to confirm some security details first. Pop along an email to us over at our contact form, and then let me know when you've done it below. I'll ensure it gets to the correct department. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Seriously? It's an inconvenience for you to email or tweet Spotify? It would have taken you the same amount of time, or less, to email them or tweet them than it did for you to create this post. What a joke.

I have been with spotify for about two years... Really enjoy listing to music thru this app on my phone.. However today as I was driving home from work my music stop playing.. Didn't know what was wrong.. So I pulled over and checked it.. Tried to play a song it wouldn't play.. Instead a lil box pops up saying this track is not available off line.. Which is crazy.. Then it plays a song and when the song goes off a commercial for the ninja turtles come on.. Now I'm really confused.. Anyhow I go to the website to try to find a contact number.. There is none. Happen to look at my payment invoice and notice that I was charged twice, about four or five times.. NOT HAPPY!!! wanted to contact spotify through the phone so that i could notify them of this and hopefully fix this problem, it was a hassle looking for it and I didn't care enough to pursue the problem. however, when i open spotify it is no longer premium, and i have commercials, lower sound quality, and no offline playlist mode. I searched again for a number to call, however all I found were threads with moderators saying that users should ontact spotify through messges and emails and such. How can you possibly be running a globl business without a simple customer service line? This is obviously one of the prefered ways to deal with a service error for most people, why are you avoiding this Spotify? It is VERY inconvinient for me and I don't think I'll be upgrading from this point forth, I will call my credit card company and notify them for this error, because they, like most companies that take themselves seriously, have a number for me to call.

@allevolve - I feel the same way as the original poster - there should be a phone number! Not only is it more personal, but the RESPONSE IS A LOT QUICKER!

I think it's stupid that you guys don't have a phone number. Many questions can't be answered online and even if they are, it takes way to much time to get a response. My question is how do I cancel my Spotify Premium trial, still getting the 30 days of premium, without being charged? It will be taking money from my Apple account, which has about $6. Since I have insufficient funds, will my Premium subscription cancel after the 30 days without charge?

@allevolve wrote:

Seriously? It's an inconvenience for you to email or tweet Spotify? It would have taken you the same amount of time, or less, to email them or tweet them than it did for you to create this post. What a joke.

Not everyone has that option if they are driving, disconnected with social media, etc. Don't be a jerk because you don't seem to have the issues others do. I, along with many others, would like to see a customer service number if I'm going to pay out my hard earned money for a product(s)/service(s). The disconnect and concern is very real for a lot of people, even if you don't care or aren't affected by it.

@David wrote:

Hello.

David,

Any customer service number available?  I was about to sign up for the family premium package, but I discovered that you don't have any customer service numbers available on your website. I'm not shelling out any money without some questions answered by KNOWLEDGABLE STAFF (not a comminity of opiniated people who know it all) and I would feel a whole lot better about spending several hundred dollars knowing I can call if I have a problem or even if I want to give a praise.  I don't do social media- Facebook, Twitter, etc..., and I don't check emails.  So my options are trusting your "community"?  I don't think so!  I need customer support -  a live representative of your company before you get any of my money.  I'd be very interested to know if you have a number available for people like myself?  If so, then I would be glad to sign up for the family premium package as planned.  Waiting for your response and a number.

I totally agree!  There are times when we have MAJOR SECURITY issues and no ability to contact you via electronic means.  I have begged for a return phone call with no success.  It seems that all PREMIUM USERS should be afforded this ability to get support.  They are paying for services.  I appreciate your consideration.

Yea, but there are times we don't have internet access due to various reasons (such as security issues).  That is why the option premium option is chosen so you can have offline access..  what are we supposed tho do then?

Hi I had the premium package a couple days ago but now it says I have to upgrade to premium.........WHy? I'm with Rogers and I'm supposed to have it free for 2 years. And how can I talk to someone real this is a hassle

@mrudy420 wrote:
Hi I had the premium package a couple days ago but now it says I have to upgrade to premium.........WHy? I'm with Rogers and I'm supposed to have it free for 2 years. And how can I talk to someone real this is a hassle

You need to contact Rogers who should be able to sort this for you.

Marked as solution

Someone hacked my acct and I can't get in touch with anyone to stop this this is making me very mad..

Stop charging my acct I'm not a member and would never be a member so stop my card has been closed.and reported also reporting to the better business Bureau and law enforcement.

I agree with the other customer!  This is horrible customer service!  I don't use Twitter and I'd like to resolve my issue while I have time to address it on my end.  Not waiting back and forth with email communications only to have it resolved incorrectly. 

I had a question about why I can't get a promo code for tickets. It says as lot about this company, not being able to speak to a human

I still have not had a response to my email request for help. I've decided to cancel my premium subscription and use my iTunes and satellite radio. Will not be held hostage by any company especially not over music. So so so irritated with Spotify!

Yeah he/she is -everyone is unable to contact via phone. Twitter/email all you want but I like others prefer/deserve to relay issues via phone.Get off your hipster high tech holier than thou throne.

Very annoying that you cannot speak to a person to get issues resolved immediately. My card was charged for premium yet I don't have premium. I have free spotify. I sent an email but was sent an automatic reply that was of no help! Ridiculous!

Suggested posts