Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete a playlist COMPLETELY?

How to delete a playlist COMPLETELY?

I deleted a playlist. It still exists. I want to delete it completely. Even if someone has subscribed, even if it's saved for offline on one of my devices, I don't care, I want it completely deleted and removed.

There must be a way to do this. 

17 Replies

Hi bgnguyen - The best way to permanently remove the playlist for you and the followers is to:

1. Select all the tracks: Click the first track, then hold down 'Shift' while clicking the last track. Then Right Click > Delete. 

2. Then right click the playlist title and select Delete. 

The tracks will disappear for all followers and will be removed from your account page. 

Hi bgnuyen,

Once deleted, a playlist will still remain accessible if you keep the link or were following it originally.

If you're keen on making it as unavailable as possible I would also suggest renaming it " - " after removing the tracks. This turns it in to a playlist divder and then has no resemblance to your original playlist. 

Hope this helps! 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Thanks Greg for taking the time to respond.

I'm looking for a complete solution, not a rename/masking. I want to invalidate the URL and delete the existence of the playlist. I understand that a lot of idiots people mistakenly delete their playlists even with a confirmation and this is a reason that playlists do not actually get deleted.

Still looking for a method of actually deleting playlists since they are showing up on my Facebook - About Me - Music

No problem 🙂

Currently there isn't a way to completely delete a playlist like you're after I'm afraid. 

To stop the playlists showing on Facebook, you can always right-click them and select 'Make Secret' though!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Has a complete solution yet been provided by the developers of Spotify? I would also like to completely remove a playlist from my account. When will this be fixed?

Unfortunately not, the best thing you can do is delete all of the tracks from inside a playlist then delete the playlist and it is completely useless to anyone else then.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SOLUTION: (How to Delete a Private Playlist)

I just figured out how to delete a "secret" playlist..

Navigate to my user playlist page:
   >> https://play.spotify.com/user/<username>/

Click on "Playlists" in the left side panel.

Click on the playlist I want to delete.
At the Top of the page, under the playlist title, click on the ellipsis (three dots) and select "delete".

Done.

Anyone who follows the playlist will still be able to see it though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Go to the URL: https://play.spotify.com/user/yourusernamegoeshere

On the left, click on 'Your Music'.

Your playlists will show up. 

RIGHT click on whichever one you want deleted.

Click 'Delete'.

Done deal.

Here

+I simply wanted to delete a playlist which kept on returning after I played

another playlist.  In the "old" days you would uninstall Spotify and reinstall

and the problem would go away.  But with today's Spotify reinstalling would

return the same problem!!

So I tried reloading Spotify from a site other than Spotify's.

Here it is:  http://filehippo.com/download_spotify.  Spotify came back

without the offending playlist!!!!  Everything is back to normal, just as

in The Good ol days.

How do I delete playlists on my phone android it just says hide playlists

To delete a playlist completely on a laptop( i have a mac), just go to the side where it says all of your playlists, then right click on the playlist that you want to delete. a menu should appear and at the bottom there should be a delete button. 

im not sure if this only works for macs or if it works on other laptops/computers to.

hope i helped!

When you hold down the playlist this should come up 

Delete Playlist android.png

Just hit delete playlist 

If you're on an iPad or something like that, you can go into the playlist section, click the edit button in the top right and then red and circles will appear, click them

@bgnguyen wrote:

I deleted a playlist. It still exists. I want to delete it completely. Even if someone has subscribed, even if it's saved for offline on one of my devices, I don't care, I want it completely deleted and removed.

There must be a way to do this. 

I don't like this course of action. We should be able to PERMANENTLY delete what we don't want linked to our account anymore.

THERE IS A FIX!!!!! Click on the playlist keep holding down then a menu will show up. 

Suggested posts