Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Headset - Triple-press button for "Previous song"

Headset - Triple-press button for "Previous song"

I have a Sennheiser MM70s single-button earphone headset.

The standard button presses are:

Single - Play/Pause

Double - Next song

Triple - Previous song/return to start of current song

On my other music apps this works fine, but on Android Spotify the triple-click actually skips two songs ahead.

I tried it on the iOS version and it goes backwards as expected.

Any chance of changing this behaviour?

34 Replies

I have the exact same problem on Sony single-button headset, on HTC One. Why on earth is this functionality here, surely it would be better to have "skip/previous" than "skip/skipmore"?

Totally agree, this is so annoying.

I think they just didn't program for this, or the headset might be registering you pressing the button 4 times (twice then twice again)

I just bought the s7 Edge and im using the samsung headphones that came with it and ive got this same problem. SPOTIFY PPLLLEEEAASSEEEEE.
Id originally been using an iphone and id listen to spotify almost 24/7, so i live by my headphone controller 

Same problem!

I have a similar problem. My problem is i cant even go to the next song by clicking two times. Only pause and unpause working.

Stanley frustrating because we've had the same complaint since forever and the only ppl who can really experience this problem r paying customers. I gotta think it's a simple fix. Just send like a willful blind eye to those who r actually financially supporting Spotify

I have the same problem.

Please fix this asap.

Why haven't they fixed it yet???????

Isn't triple-clicking for the previous track an iOS thing? As far as I know, it only works on android with third party add-ons or if the music player changes the the stock OS behaviour.

Yes, it's no more a "new idea" as I saw in another post, it's actually a bug to fix because other competitors have this feature.

No. You want a new feature so the best approach would be to support this idea.

Is not a new feature if iPhone supports it... It's a bug or a misinterpreted requirement

Same problem. Please fix this simple to code problem.

Any news on this?

Same here! Come on and fix it!

FIX FOUND
The app "headset button controller" 2,29€ on play store fixes the problem by running in background and intercepting headset clicks.

I'm currently using the trial version on a Samsung S8 NOT rooted with the bundled akg headphones and it works flawlessly.

Not a fix if you have to pay more for it... This is just a workaround... Spotify should fork that solution and add it to the app

Agreed. I didn't mark the above as a solution; Spotify or a mod did. I'm not in favour of a solution that's "spend money on another app".

Suggested posts