Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Android App Always Offline

Solved!

Spotify Android App Always Offline

Spotify only ever reports me as Offline using the Android app. I know I have an active internet connection on the device (The Transformer TF101 if you're interested), so that's not the problem. I can (sort of) solve the issue by reinstalling Spotify. But that solution only works for about 5 minutes, and then the Spotify app reports me as offline again. 

This is the primary reason that I upgraded to Spotify Premium, so unless the app is fixed in the very near future, or I receive some sort of compensation, I'm going to have to drop Spotify Premium from my account. 

P.S.: I have Spotify Desktop connected to teh same wi-fi that the Android device is connected to, and I have no problems with it.

67 Replies

It's not a problem I've seen much of. If you haven't done so already, could you try uninstalling spotify, power cycle the S3 then redownload from Play. Let me know if this helps.

after several installs, uninstalls, re-downloads, power cycles, etc. I got rid of my Motorola Xoom, and run Spotify on iOS. That's the only way I found around this problem.

I have the same problem on android. My app is offline most of the time. Even though internet is working for sure.

Wow, 2 years passed and this issue is not fixed yet. You need a solid android developer, guys.

The problem I first had with the HTC m8 when I upgraded from the m7 T-Mobile is the carrier. Now I lost my phone and upgraded to the m9 and its back the problem lies in the ipv6 that all new T-Mobile phones use. Spotify only works with ipv4. I thought they would have fixed this by now Im really dissapointed to see they've done nothing about it. You can fix the problem you have to change back to ipv4 but the phone has to be unlocked and I think you have to make 3or 4 payments before t mobile will unlock it. I see this as a spotify problem and am seriously considering dumping the service at this point because they now about the problem and refuse to fix it.

I still see this behavior on my S3, but it's less of a problem... because
Google Play Music is so much more capable that my Spotify app is in danger
of being uninstalled. 🙂

Same issue with my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4) and phone (Nexus 5). Also had the same issue on my last phone (Nexus 4).

Aye... well I'm becoming increasingly convinced that no streaming music service will ever get it right.    I'm trying to lower my standards sufficiently to achieve complete happiness 🙂

Suggested posts