Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not sync my local files to my android device

Solved!

Spotify will not sync my local files to my android device

Spotify will not sync my local files to my android device, solution?
24 Replies

This solved the issue, thanks man 🙂

It should be added to Spotify's FAQ. I have been struggling with local files for very long time, sometimes they sync, sometimes not. Now I turn off firewall and immediately songs appeared on my smartphone. You're great man!

This doesn't offer a solution. if it isn't a bug affecting syncing, could you please shed some light on why hundreds of people keep begging for a solution here and ALL of the useless online support just said to "make it work". How exactly should we make it work if it isn't already working? Wouldn't be safe to assume that we are all here because IT DOESN'T WORK? 

"Connect to the same wifi as your computer"

HOW? I'm connected to my router but my computer isn't on a WIFI network! How do I know it is connected when there is NO FEEDBACK letting one know that this isn't the problem? Simply stating to do something, without explaining the exact steps, isn't really helpful, nor thorough? Why not just sum up all of your help by suggesting we "Sync music and enjoy". If everything was working already NOBODY WOULD BE HERE!

"Sync your local flies"

Where is this "SYNC" button? I have spent HOURS on both my computer and phone and cannot find any reference under any menu allowing me to SYNC anything. Perhaps it would be helpful to offer solutions and explanations instead of stating the obvious solution in the case that there are no problems already occuring. If everything was syncing, NOBODY WOULD BE HERE!

How many posts are there from people stating that they are simply going to cancel their subscription if they cannot play their local files through spotify? Do you think maybe they aren't getting their solutions from reading these stupid forum posts? Why does a company with so many problems not have a single phone number where one can just call in and get a solution for their situation? Seems like a very conclusive case of extremely terrible customer service.

S

I'm facing the exact same problem and none of these "solutions" worked !

I changed the firewall settings to allow or whatever it says. Worked right away for me.

Suggested posts