Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cancelled Spotify Premium and You Should Too

Solved!

I cancelled Spotify Premium and You Should Too

Currently, my post about Your Music not being available on the Ipad (which I created in April after feature first came out) is the top kudoed post in this board. I am also the most kudoed author here because of this complaint.

In all the months since this uproar started @mattsuda, the board's "Rock Star" paid shill, has said over and over again that the engineers know we wanted this basic piece of functionality that is already on the iphone and other major platforms, and that it would be with us soon. Maybe a month or so, he said in April. Then in late summer he said that he'd seen this functionality and it should be done soon.

And now here we are in OCTOBER without this functionality, without a reason given and with the same claptrap coming from the Spotify customer service team that it would be soon and that's all they can say. Now, I am done. I cancelled my premium subscription to Spotify and am going back to Rdio. They have the feature set I want and have always been honest with me in the past. It was my mistake to come back to Spotify early this year and my mistake to stay with it this long. Those mistakes have now been corrected. I am no longer paying this lying company.

I hope others will follow me. You'll find the Rdio apps to be full featured (including album access on the ipad) and actually better than Spotify (ipad and iphone apps are also native remotes for the player if it is playing somewhere else). And their catalog is as big as Spotify's. In other words, there is no reason to put up with crappy customer service and blatant lies from Spotify anymore. Cancel your premium subscription and let them know that lying to customers and ignoring our requests is not a good way to do business.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is obiously not @MattSuda 's problem. He's just helping out, that is all. Just give the developers a bit of time to add this feature, they have lives too.

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

iOS version 1.9 has just been released!

This update brings the new design and "Your Music" to the iPad.

Enjoy! Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

33 Replies

I just don't get this. I dont wanna hear this baloney that it is some type of restriction placed on Spotify by the music

companies. That's baloney.

How difficult can this be? Or is there some other much bigger problem that is behind this? Hmmm.

Marked as solution

This is obiously not @MattSuda 's problem. He's just helping out, that is all. Just give the developers a bit of time to add this feature, they have lives too.

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

I have not seen the functionality, and I have never said that I saw the functionality.

I was telling people the same thing that @SpotifyCares on Twitter was telling people.Their statement was that the iPad update is coming soon, but more recently they have started using the phrase "hopefully it will come soon".

I don't know any more about the iPad update than you guys do. All I know is that it's still coming soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Soon? In another year maybe?

Spotify needs to be more communicative with their customers as to why this has been delayed for so long.

Or is it really not coming at all.

Can't you just install the iPhone version on your iPad?  Search for iPhone only apps in the App store?

I get it - you want that ability in the native app for the iPad and I agree with you.  Sounds like you've already moved on though.

@cmonster while I respect your right to express your opinion, I would like to correct one small factual error in your post. Rock stars and rising stars don't get paid. We try to help as much as we can - this is a user community after all - and yes, sometimes we misunderstand things or may believe one thing to be true at the time of posting, which may later turn out to be wrong. We never make those mistakes out of any whish to deceive or mislead. If you want to address the ones working for Spotify, those are the ones who have their username in green colour and a green icon next to their name.

I hope you will be as satisfied with your new music service as I currently am with Spotify!
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

It would be nice to see a list of features/functionality that the developers are currently working on...split up by platform/OS.

As I have said before, the only thing preventing me from upgrading to premium is lack of availability of "My Music" on iPad!

Apologies @mattsuda, you are right, you didn't say you seen this feature. What I remembered was that someone posted a screenshot of the first ipad update that made me start my original post. That screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/hiSytHK.jpg) clearly shows that the feature was announced for both ipad and ios. And that's the last official mention of this feature on this platform we've heard from anyone at spotify except the paid rock stars such as @mattsuda and @fredj. And, yes, @fredj, you are paid by the company in the form of perks such as premium codes, access to new features and spotify gear. These things have value and you are getting them for working with spotify and passing their messaging and wording, as useless as it may be.

Rock stars don't do it for the premium codes, they just do it for the love. And you don't have to be a rock star to recieve cool stuff - just someone who helps out in the community.

-

@cmonster

good luck then with Rdio. I've spent many months as a Rdio premium subscriber and while their UX and UI is still first class the rest has much more to be desired. a) library good but nothing that could justify a switch b) network, slow as hell....you'll find it out c) beautiful apps but slow as hell d) albums and tracks disappearing from one day to another: your collection will be full with unaivalable albums that are available but with different metadatas (their software can't handle correctly licences and ownership changes) e) forums are full with preformatted responses, useless. I could go on...but you know you are right Spotify has many problems. But no service is perfect, believe me and Rdio is not an exception.   

@cmonster

One more thing...haven't you noticed that Rdio lacks gapless playback and that bitrate is 192? Try to listen to Dark Side of the Moon or similar and tell us about your experience 🙂

Thanks for the Heads Up on the gapped playback!

That's an absolute deal breaker for me..

Only 192kbps.. Has this been verified somehow? (Although never even mentioning the bitrate is a bit suspicious.)

Cheers

@patrikf

Regarding the bitrate take a look at this page:

http://help.rdio.com/customer/portal/articles/58964-faq-

Rdio has published back in April a post on its official blog site confirming that they're working to improve the bitrate...

http://blog.rdio.com/us/2014/04/artist-for-quality-rdio-the-grateful-deads-bob-weir-partner-for-bett...

No more news on this matter since then.

Hopefully they will fix the gapping at the same time!

Odd (ogg?) that they decided to go with AAC instead of Vorbis, IMHO.

@patrikf

Hopefully they will fix gapless but I wouldn't bet a dime...if Spotify is slow Rdio is worse (believe me...it's more than two years customers are asking for gapless...)

AAC is good...but I really don't care...gapless is very important despite the encoder.  

Hello everyone. Staff here. 

Whilst we have no official timeframe for this feature just yet, our development team is working hard to make it available on iPad. We will be sure to keep everyone posted with news at news.spotify.com and in the iOS section of our community. 

Thanks for hanging in there. We hope to be back with an update soon.

Many thanks,

The Spotify Community Team

@Jason wrote:
Hello everyone. Staff here. 

Whilst we have no official timeframe for this feature just yet, our development team is working hard to make it available on iPad. We will be sure to keep everyone posted with news at news.spotify.com and in the iOS section of our community. 

Thanks for hanging in there. We hope to be back with an update soon.

Many thanks,

The Spotify Community Team

How is this supposed to placate people? It's the same thing you've been saying for months? Why can't you just give us a REASON why it is still unavailable on iPad but available on iPhone, Android, Windows, Mac etc......There may be a technical reason. There may be a legal one. But this consistent silence and sam ol' party line does not fly. Just be honest with your customers and you'll stop losing them.

From experience I don't think there is a serious reason that you are suggesting, the iPad app has just always sadly lagged behind the other mainstream apps. Some more clarity would be nice, but my guess is iPad is just a lower priority since I would be prone to think far less people use it than the other platforms.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify, iPad version apart, is the best out there. I tried them all...(Deezer, Rdio, Beats and so on) So keep calm and use your phone 😛 

Suggested posts