Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Not Working Since upgrade to 3.0.0

Spotify Connect Not Working Since upgrade to 3.0.0

Hi

I recently bought a Roberts iStream radio with Spotify Connect support and have had a few problems:

1) I was able to connect with my iphone running Spotify version 2.7 and play / control the songs however my wife had version 3 and was able to see the radio as an opion in the Connect menu but could not connect to it.

2) I upgraded to Spotify version 3 and can see the radio in the Connect menu but now cannot connect to it.

It looks as though there is something wrong with the upgrade of the Spotify software.

Any ideas?

20 Replies

Same here with 3.0.0 on iPad and iPhone when trying to connect to Spotify connect on Amazon FireTV.

No problems under previous versions.

Users feedback in Apples Appstore show that this seems to be a common problem.

I desperatly try to connect to my PS4 from my iPhone / PC.

When I select PS4 from my iOS app / destktop app, spotify app on PS4 crashes and goes to spotify home screen (and a weird connection page briefly appears [1sec]).

By the way neither my iDevice nor my comptuer appear on each other (only PS4 is available).

So Spotify connect is really dead in the last versions.

Hope they fix this really soon!

Same here

This is happening to me right now. My IOS app and spotify on my laptop both recognise the PS4 but when I try to connect to the PS4, spotify resets and just goes back to the home page. 

This has only started happening today. I've tried signing out, disconnecting my internet, re-installing apps... Nothing!

Please fix!

Same here with HEOS 5

Fix it!

Hi! Same here using Iphone5S and Spotify Update 3.0.0 with Onkyo PR-SC 5530. No connection since Spotify Update. My Onkyo is visible in Spotify connect but just does not connect!

All Wifi/ router connections checked everything is working.

Same here

Cant use Connect function from ipad air to Naim UnitiQute since update. connect symbol shows, but nothing happens. Noe issues with Naim streamer. Restarted, tried new download, etc. Please fix!

Same problem with IPhone and IPad to connect to Raumfeld system after upgrade to 3.0.0!Smiley Mad

wasn't working with my tx nr 818 onkyo receiver, but now suddenly works

Suddenly working again here, too 🙂

suddenly works again - some magic or conspiracy going on? Smiley Very Happy

Not sure if this is right topic for my issue. When trying to play Spotify via iPhone 6+ into BMW via Connected drive I get this error:

2015-05-01 18.12.59.png

This happened after upgrading to version 3.0.0 of the app. After I click OK the phone is not connecting to the car stereo.

Naim Connect up'n running as well! Fast fix from Spotify. Wish for update from them to confirm:)

I have the same problem with my iPhone and BMW since version 3.0.

Same Problem here with BMW (different models), iPhone 5s / 6 and Spotify v3.0.0.2566

Has anyone received an answer about Connect.not working?  All of a sudden, I can't connect my iPad to my PC.  It doesn't show on the iPad at all.  Would like to know what to do.

Same here.
Using iPad Air/iPhone 5s with a Denon Ceol N9, premium membership
Tried all the tricks and tips

Suggested posts