Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to move playlists and data to new account?

How to move playlists and data to new account?

I've fallen into that group that signed up with Facebook and cannot for the life of me remove it from the equation. It creates many issues when logging in and sharing playlists with friends.

A few years ago, they had options on exporting playlists and history to a new account. Is there a way to do that these days? I would like to keep my play history and spotify recommendations/playlists. I'm guessing the answer is still no.

2 Replies

Hey there, I would suggest:

Make all your playlists public and open your old profile using URL or URI in your new account and follow your playlists, then create playlist out of them from your new account. You can then delete your old account and make sure to disconnect it from facebook(here) also. In this way all your playlists would be still there.

For liked songs- you can go to Spotify desktop and select all liked songs and move(ctrl+v) or copy(ctrl+c) or just drag drop them in a playlist and you can perform same action for that as for other playlists and then again drag drop them from playlist to liked songs in Spotify Desktop.

Your recommendations would reset and you have to let Spotify learn it again in your new account, it won't take a lot of time.

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @danemaddock and @user-removed, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Along with following the steps suggested by @user-removed you can also have a look at this Spotify Answer. 

The article sheds more light on how you can transfer your saved content from your old account to the new one. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions.

Suggested posts