Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
warriorz3

hi i need change the username if you cam help. thank

CF1989

Hi I need to change my username completely on spotify. Is possible?

kimmyjean_

I also hate being a faceless number because I got my spotify when I had to use FB then I quit FB and am stuck with my number and facelessness. It wasn't that big of a deal at first, but over time I do feel slighted because this is an issue for us early supporters and with all the new similar services coming out I think this could potentially deter people. I love sharing my music with friends and I usually have to send them a link because they can't just look me up or even when I want to look up a playlist of mine through a friend's account. Your design is so nice and I know you're probably scrambling with how to stay ahead of the game but I really think making the user feel more connected and making it a bit personable as you have with your recommendations, is a way to feel attached to the brand and the service, while say services like Pandora and others may not. 

pe_ix

/signed

Frustrating rule !

1.) my first user name was a long number

2:) my second (create only for this) was change again by spotify...thus it is NOT my e-mail address, because spotify did cut off the end of my e-mail-adress and replaced by 2 letters(country ID)

Why it is so difficult, just to use the "original" e-mail-adress ?

n8

lol weak.

Let us change the dam username.

Skullz (4).gif

Tornevall

Well, yes, I'm trying to "merge" my accounts so I can use the same nickname at as many places as possible. There's a lot of places currently that allows name chages, so why not here?

studio11

Yes. Make it happen! Friends can´t find me!

I really can't see how this can be hard...would be great to be able to change usernames

With all the people who are complaining about profile/user id name change, if the problem is so old and related to mapping, why hasn't Spotify partnered -like other firms- with Gravatar to allow users decide on the identity they use for their Spotify social persona. 

Spotify DECISION MAKERS gotta know this: life changes, life cycles change, hobbies, subcultures, professional or many other reasons, yet the fact that no OFFICIAL ANSWER is provided in these forums gives points to Apple Music or Tidal, in particular when in the former one can change user id anytime and they currently offer a 3-month free trial. 

C'mon, do something about NAME CHANGES: mid-solution is Gravatar  http://en.gravatar.com/

The people are waiting! ...and comeptition tightening.

Spoiler

August 11, 2015

ElPablistico

PLEASE!!! I created my account years ago, and I really hate my username. I think that this need to have an option like Twitter, where the username is very important but you can change it all the times you want. I will have to erase all my information and all my playlists if I have to create another account just to have a different username. 

thank you