Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
juhpu

How can this still be "under consideration" when such a simple function should have been implemented eons ago. Just about every other music app features an equalizer, just get it done. The lack of an equalizer is making me choose my own music library instead of Spotify on my iPhone.

unixunderground

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but with the latest update, spotify seems to have added an hidden equalizer.

I discovered it randomly while I was playing some music on spotify and swiping my finger back and forth on the screen, and I later made a video about it.

You can see how to bring it up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlJ0SmCHSOQ

KIK4R

There's an unofficial plugin named equalify for the windows desktop app. It's pretty good while we're wainting for an official one.

skullscream1

you need to make a triangle between the info tab and hide tab

skullscream1

Δ<start with the bottom line and then up then down between info tab and hide tab make it a vit bigger than this one offcource

TECH101

would be good to have an EQ in Spotify for Mac.....  The onboard Mac speakers sound as tinny as my old TEAC.  😛  

(that is, in short of connecting to my Hifi that is)

dsk

Hey Spotify, Kudos to all of you, the whole team is doing a great job, keep up the good work!  I just read a comment (and a response from you) about an EQ, I see you agree, and just wanted to add a comment to what you said about how to apply it or where.  Only my thought.....Active on all pages due to some songs having extreme Bass, or the like.  Each page could be taylored to an individuals tastes  Would also work in Marketing as "Taylor- Tune your own Music"!  Thanks, dsk

Elboonio
I know this sounds complicated but on iPod Spotify, draw a circle going counter clockwise on the screen when the music is playing, but drag up when you're finishing it, if that makes any sense.... 😛 http://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/12yrq7/equalizer_in_spotify_iphone_app_youtube/
foxydinx

Please equalizer for spotify then it is really perfect.

I am hard of hearing, I need more bass needed for everything to be able to hear.

lurk

Yesssss please give us eq controls!!!  The hidden one is to complicated for those who dont know much about soundwaves and graphic eq