Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Making collaborative playlist private

As the title suggests, can you make a collaborative playlist private? I had one I made between one other person and I assumed we'd be the only ones with access to it, but I awkardly found out that everyone can see the playlist. Why is there no option to make it private between the collaborators?

Updated: 2016-12-07

Hi @12102227245 collaborative playlists are currently private. They won't show up in your Spotify Profile and they can't be marked as "Make Public". The only way other users can find the playlist is if you share the Spotify Playlist Link with them. Let us know if you've got any questions, thanks!

Comments
matthewty87

I agree 100% with all of this. My friend and I had a great playlist going between us and then some clown came along and started adding songs like a mad man!

PLEASE implement a solution to this Spotify!

laurenti11

it doesnt make any sense why this feature wouldnt be available

private playlists already exist, why can't you have a private playlist between one or more persons? 

This feature really needs to get added!! 

eli_sansom

Please implement this - recently created a collaborative playlist in our department at work and other users are able to add/remove tracks without having the link sent out to them 

mcvax

Yes, this is my number one feature I would like to see added.

oeoirico

Collaborative playlists should be localized to whomever we share the playlists with.

Edit: What is the status of this feature? Is it already implemented?

From this "Idea" posted last November, I'm understanding that Collaborative Playlists are both publically viewable and publically editable. In another "Idea" posted 3 weeks ago, another user believes that the Collaborative Playlist feature was recently entirely set to private, and said user is pushing for the option to set them as publically viewable but privately editable.

What's the (current) deal with Collaborative Playlists? Which of those statements is true?

graffxguy

This seems like an obvious feature. What the heck? I don't want these to be public.

mitchmbutler

Please implement this feature.

Make collaboartive playlists PRIVATE by default, so that they are only shared with designated persons. They should not be editable by the public.

scottierobb

I don't understand the push-back by spotify to implement this, it's a no-brainer.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-12-07

Hi @12102227245 collaborative playlists are currently private. They won't show up in your Spotify Profile and they can't be marked as "Make Public". The only way other users can find the playlist is if you share the Spotify Playlist Link with them. Let us know if you've got any questions, thanks!

zam2

This change is great but it's incomplete because if someone else follows the private playlist it shows up on their profile.. is there anyway to make collaborative playlists totally private on all profiles?