Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Spotify Lite Version

Please can you do a second simpler, less memory-hogging and bandwidth-hogging version of Spotify? i.e., Spotify Lite (I don't have a fast computer and even optimised I have big lag problems with other programs whilst Spotify is running.)

Updated on 2019-07-09

Hey folks,

We just wanted to give you a heads up that a lite version of the Spotify app has been released on Android. 

You can check out more information about the app and its availability here.

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea!

Comments
MikeMine2002

Im really glad they finally did it for mobile. But this REALLY needs to get implemented to desktop. 

Seungwoon

We need Spotify Lite version for PC!!!!!

Spotify is eating too much memory while my laptop has only 4GB of RAM..

Aeon1704

Yes please! Way i see it, this Lite version for Desktop can be included into Spotify's main package, but only as seperate App.

Let's call it Spotify Media Player.
This small application will work only with User's Playlists and will play only 'Downloaded' songs.
Well, maybe it will allow to browse Artists' pages to check songs and form new playlists.

But...
There will be no Digests, Podcasts, Similar songs suggestion, etc. You can say it will be something like AIMP Player.

I am myself prefer to have my Playlists to be Downloaded. And if i am interested in this or that Artist, i do create playlist with all songs that Artist have.

Tiez

We need a PC version.

FaustoAT

c'amon guys, we need a lite version of Spotify! Spotify is a huge and massive program (is such a massive database), and on the mobile, it is the program that requires the most from my phone, and in desktop version, the same thing. Because I spend lots of my time in pc, I would like a lite desktop version, with all the database and basic, but with the basic of configurations with reduced functions (I don't know if these solutions could be the program "lighter"). I don't want to change my music player, because spotify is the most popular among my closest friends

srolygold

But google play say's that it's not available in my region