Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
tyler93023

I'd just like to vote in favor of finding a solution to this arbitrary limit.    We're just talking about a tiny bit of metadata, aren't we?  And if its more complex than that, programmatically, why doesn't a developer from the team explain it?  

For what its worth, let's say I wanted to add all Miles Davis tunes to My Music.  That's 3,300 songs right there.   A third of my account.

10,000 songs is only about 800 albums.  That's really not that many for a music collector who enjoys multiple genres.   What happens when you hit your limit, and want to add some music from New Releases?   It's almost mindboggling that I have to go back, delete albums from My Music and then re-add, all the while juggling the total collection to never exceed 10,000.

I think Spotify needs to do three things:

1) explain what's going on, not just dismiss the 1% of users (who happen to be the core users!) who get an inferior experience

2) raise the limit

3) charge a couple bucks for a higher limit if need be

hcck

Tyler

they just aren't interested in what you and I think it as simple as that

i have just been on Twitter berating them or their mates SpotifyCares.....?That's a joke if there is one in calling it SpotifyCares. About  5 months ago I contacted them and then said that support where looking into it and referred me to the answer they gave at the top of this thread and in answer to that I told them that not one member of support had joined this discussion to give an explanation of the Cap. I also told them that people where leaving in their droves and all they said was that they had referred this matter to support. I have since been on to them 5 months on and they are saying the same, that the matter has been forwarded to support. 

So Tyler, you are wasting your time NOBODY IN SUPPORT ARE INTERESTED.......no not one and just a total waste of time coming onto here and coming up with great ideas of why things need to change because Spotify aren't interested. Here are the answers to your questions

1) explain what's going on....Answer We are not interested in your whinging and we don't have to answer to you because you are just 1%

2) Raise the Limit .....Answer. We don't have to do anything......remember we are SpotifyCares and again you are only 1%

3) charge a couple of bucks for a higher limit if need be......Answer We are Spotify and we can charge what we like and you don't have to tell us because we are Spotify and we care about our profits and anyway you are only 1%

Remember one thing Spotify Cares...........that's a joke

johntibbitts13

This is completely ridiculous. I added my local files (14,000 songs) and now I'm not able to even add songs from Spotify to my music, so I'm essentially paying $10 a month to organize my music, which is what iTunes is for. I'd like to use this service but not if you're going to have a stupid, incredibly pointless song limit. Change it or I'm gone, along with apparently thousands of others, judging from the comments. It's stupid "features" like this that cause services to lose customers.

jeromevercey
To be efficient and to be taken seriously we need to be present on their facebook and twitter feed. And this, all day.

Without that, we will receive always the same generic answer (this famous 1% of user vs the 99 other pourcent...).

I really like the spotify plateform, but with this stupid limitation, there is no way to continue to pay for a limited service.
Perosales
What is the link to the main Spotify pages? FB, support and twitter?
fpalomaro

Is it really just 1% of Premium users???

I have been adding a few albums here and there, every time I find something new or cool that I would like to listen and... 10k limit has been reached. 

This is just sad... I don't even understand why there should be a limit if the songs are actually bookmarks and not downloads.

If the worry is around shuffle functionality or something like that than create a limit in that functionality instead of making us deleted parts of our library...

Really bummed about this and really considering going to apple music, even though the app itself sucks.

robigouk

I asked Tidal tech support what there limit it - poor... see below:-

Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting TIDAL customer support.

The limit to add songs to your favorites is set to 9500.

Let us know if you have any further questions
and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Corinna
TIDAL Support

robigouk

amendment - I've had another update after I asked if this applied to each category

Hello Rob,

thank you for your reply.

You can add up to 9500 favorites in each category,
so as albums and tracks.

Let us know if you have any further questions
and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Corinna
TIDAL Support

Interesting......

floatingon

So far I've really enjoyed Spotify Premium, but I will be reassessing how I download music because of this limitation. Sounds like Apple music has a 100k limit...

nocterngenesis

YEA SO I JUST HIT THIS LIMIT TODAY AND THIS IS ABSURD IM PAYING MONEY PREMIUM AND I HAVE A LIMITE THAT MAKES NO darn SENSE AT ALL. ONLY 1% OF PEOPLE HAVE HIT THIS LIMIT. THATS RIDICULOUS I STARTED PAYING FOR SPOTIFY MAYBE 6 MONTHS AGO AND IVE ALREADY HIT THIS LIMIT. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. IF THIS ISNT FIXED SOON I AM CANCELLING AND SWITCHING TO GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC.